Rhys Sharpe signs on...

Feral Fox

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Notts County are delighted to confirm the signing of left-back Rhys Sharpe from Derby County…

The 20-year, who can also play on the wing, has put pen-to-paper on a two-year deal.

The Northern Ireland Under 21 international, is yet to make his professional debut for the Rams, but has gained experience on loan earlier this year with Shrewsbury Town, playing three times.

The Nottingham-born player is the club’s second new signing following Scot Bennett who arrived from Exeter City.

Read more at http://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/article/notts-county-rhys-sharpe-derby-county-2478301.aspx#yxpXl2oAy2A0jpq0.99

Seems promising, but how many 'young' left backs do we need to try? So we have Adams, Cranston, got rid of Newton and now Sharpe?

I would have thought right back and another centre back would have been more of an issue!

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

Confusing. Moniz said he wanted two players for each position, now we have 3 LB's? Unless he plans on moving one forward to winger. 

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

Perhaps Sharpe was brought in to play on the wing? Or maybe Adams or Cranston is on the way out ...

This one's a bit of an unknown quantity. Was sent off (second yellow card) in his last game for the Shrews and that seems to be why they aren't interested in keeping him. Seems to have been rated though from the little I can find on him.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

He can play as a left sided midfielder too, he's done this for Northern Ireland.

Shrewsbury also used him as a winger I believe, however the reports I get back from their fans are not convincing because supposedly he got sent off after receiving a double yellow. That said, it sounds promising and it makes a difference to see us approaching the signings from the sense of upcoming rather than fading down the leagues rapidly.

I wonder what @super_ram can tell us since he's a Derby County fan.

I'll trust his judgement on this.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

Good luck to the lad. Might have come recommended from "Big Roy"

Plus like you say, 20 year old on a 2 year that can't be that expensive. And I can some what see where Ricardo is coming from. Get them in young and hungry, and can mould around his philosophy.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

Plus like you say, 20 year old on a 2 year that can't be that expensive. And I can some what see where Ricardo is coming from. Get them in young and hungry, and can mould around his philosophy.

We're gonna go from a team of golden oldies to ones barely out the pram  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  310
  • Days Won:  0

He seems a decent signing, I think we should try him as left back and see if he's better defensively than adams. if he is, push adams into midfield because for me hes a waste of time at the back.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

hope he enjoys playing for us, i think younger players have more to prove and no doubt will want to better their careers if they can. i just hope we can cut down on being a stepping stone club and give players somewhere they can settle down. i think he will be a good signing for us and i am looking forward to seeing him play.

• Content Count:  49

Interesting signing actually, it looks quite a promising capture and you have to give any lad the time to settle.

Good to see us signing youngsters out of the pram!

I just had an e-mail from @shrewswill and he said he would come on to give us some idea of what he offers us.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,465
  • Days Won:  5

I hope he just comes in and does a steady job, at this level we don't need to see any flashy players but if it happened it would be exciting to see. Yet all fans want is for players to care about the club in which they represent and I do think you will get this from youngsters.

If they are keen to impress, snap them up by all means.

• Content Count:  50

There seems to be a lot more optimism about the signings made so far this season.

I dont know if this is because of PON, boredom or because the club have change the way they approach potential players but I just hope it carries on. Momentum coming into the new season is important and if this Sharpe lad can do well for us, by all means it will be a good signing for us.

U pies! 

• Content Count:  164
  • Days Won:  2

Rhys is pretty pacey, quick with the ball and releases it well. I found him to be one of those frustrating types of players, you can see he has ability but often failed to make use of it but that may fall down to experience. We only had a brief glimpse of him here but I would say if he applied himself well, he would prove to be a half decent signing.

I am pleased that we did not go in for him, as I do not think he is ready for anything higher than league two.

Good luck this season to notts.

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  15

Plus like you say, 20 year old on a 2 year that can't be that expensive. And I can some what see where Ricardo is coming from. Get them in young and hungry, and can mouldaround his philosophy.

I have to say I agree, Big Roy may have helped here and Ricardo could do well to look at developing players.

I would not mind seeing some sold on to improve.

Regarding the latest signing, it seems positive.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

Two average signings with promise, its not bad going.

I just hope we sign some clear quality that stands out above this division.

• Content Count:  49

I cannot wait to see this man in action! Was solid for shrewsbury, and has so much potential, i am loving these 2 year deals instead of pathetic loanees

But we do need players with experience, players like jason banton

• Content Count:  117

Only time will tell but I am content, its good to see the squad taking shape finally.

• Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  1

I've always said Blair should be a winger, great going forward and an average defender. So currently I would be looking at Cranston and Sharp fighting for the LB spot

Regards Al

You Pies!

• Content Count:  310

>https://twitter.com/Rhys_Sharpe/status/605752750694105088

Very happy to have signed with Notts county! Looking forward to hopefully helping us get promoted back to league 1

Rhys Sharpe

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

He can play as a left sided midfielder too, he's done this for Northern Ireland.

Shrewsbury also used him as a winger I believe, however the reports I get back from their fans are not convincing because supposedly he got sent off after receiving a double yellow. That said, it sounds promising and it makes a difference to see us approaching the signings from the sense of upcoming rather than fading down the leagues rapidly.

I wonder what @super_ram can tell us since he's a Derby County fan.

I'll trust his judgement on this.

Sorry ,I can't add anything as he never played for the first team.Hope he does well for Notts.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-Northern-Ireland-U21-international/story-26619437-detail/story.html

He sounds confident and his interview comes across well, at least to me. I have seen some negative feedback about this, however I think he handles it well.

>https://youtu.be/ewgTziz_FAY

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Another signing with potential. I have high hopes for this one. Left Back is where I'd play him and move Adams into midfield.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

His haircut reminds me of Chris Kiwomya. Don't like him.

Archived