Magpie Player - What a waste of money

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

Absolutely shocking service, constantly dropping out, delaying and why oh f#cking why do we need a constant picture of the premier league table? Perform media are a shambles as a company who try their hardest to blame you the user when you have a problem, then when they realise it's their fault they just ignore you, i'm still awaiting responses from 2013!!!

Had enough and cancelling my subscription now, don't see the point in wasting my money.

What do you all think to the service?

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

I agree. Stupidly I didn't realise that I had set it to auto renew after buying a year last yar so it has already taken my cash. Not impressed with the service at all an it seems to have gone down in recent weeks.

#iwantmymoneyback

For me as a fan who lives no where near Nottingham I used to rely on the live game coverage and interviews etc to keep me updated as otherwise, especially without the live game coverage I feel disconnected from the club but the service is a joke and I have had enough of the constant "updates" spiel.

And here was me thinking you were coming back on to priase my technological awareness using the # line !!!!!!

Come on, get with the kids!

#downwithit

And here was me thinking you were coming back on to priase my technological awareness using the # line !!!!!!

Come on, get with the kids!

#downwithit

I would be more happy if you could tell me how to cancel the bloody thing as the cancel option has disappeared and there is no number to call to contact, surely illegal if nothing else

I would be more happy if you could tell me how to cancel the bloody thing as the cancel option has disappeared and there is no number to call to contact, surely illegal if nothing else

I can't find anywhere either. Maybe an email to the club media team and ask them to look into it. While you're at it ask em if someone who has paid for a year and doesn't want it -can they get their money back?

Nice one.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I have commented in the past about the interviews etc, if you hear them on the radio, it's sort of pointless but I see the potential. I use it more for writing and so on, I also keep tabs on other clubs so its useful in that sense.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  26
  • Days Won:  0

I can't find anywhere either. Maybe an email to the club media team and ask them to look into it. While you're at it ask em if someone who has paid for a year and doesn't want it -can they get their money back?

Nice one.

Email the company, that's what the media team will do, that's if you can get a response from the new man.

Sent from my IPhone using Tapatalk

I emailed club and they passed it on. Why can't you just cancel yourself without going through all this is just another example of the level of service provided.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

I had a month-to-month subscription, can't remember why now, and I wanted to cancel it and switch to the cheaper annual subscription (I still have to take the more expensive option thanks to the provider's failure to offer SEPA payment, but hey ho). Like you @Northants Pie I couldn't find any option or mechanism to change or cancel my subscription. There is however, in very small writing, a "contact us" button at the bottom of the screen, which takes you to an e-mail form. If you're lucky they might even respond!

It took a couple of days to cancel but I managed it. Now I'm going to sulk for a few days before signing up again.

Personally I don't see the point in MP for anyone living in or near Nottingham, there's nothing on there you can't get for free anyway. For exiles like me it's useful though. I just use it for commentary, highlights and the occasional manager interview and it generally serves its purpose.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I think it's good for exiled pies for the commentary (when it works) but I cancelled a while ago as i live within Radio Nottingham's boundary and can get the commentary and interviews from the radio and when the highlights started going on YouTube as well I realised MP couldn't give me anything I couldn't get elsewhere for free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,728
  • Days Won:  27

Its awful, for my birthday I had a subscription and the quality of the videos? absolutely shocking.

I agree its pointless.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

i like it, it makes me feel close to the club and action. yet more could be done, with a genius on here i do not know why the club dont ask joe to help out? @RayTrew should consider it.

provided joe would be interested of course.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  310

I think its much better since the service went HD, I just feel its repetitive and lacks value.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  274

It's done to take your money without you knowing, making it impossible to cancel yourself, meaning the club keeps lazy people paying.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I think it's good for exiled pies for the commentary (when it works) but I cancelled a while ago as i live within Radio Nottingham's boundary and can get the commentary and interviews from the radio and when the highlights started going on YouTube as well I realised MP couldn't give me anything I couldn't get elsewhere for free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This pretty much sums the service up, they are more focused on youtube which is good for the supporters but not for MP subscribers.

If companies were made to give honest details about the products they sell Magpie Player would be, rarely works, always delayed commentary, constant view of a league table that is of no interest and we will also potentially hand your address details to another user.... when i get to my laptop i'll copy over what they have said are my address details, if theae details are yours then maybe you should contact them

Archived