Jeremy Corbyn in Nottingham

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

@hissingdwarf I wasnt poking fun... but somebody claimed the cause of death or at inquest the thing responsible was "fit to work" .... now obviously for that to be said as fact, rather than alleged... the death certificates or coroners report should be fairly handy... wouldnt you say?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

@hissingdwarf I wasnt poking fun... but somebody claimed the cause of death or at inquest the thing responsible was "fit to work" .... now obviously for that to be said as fact, rather than alleged... the death certificates or coroners report should be fairly handy... wouldnt you say?

The only handy thing would be for IDS to resign and place a moratorium on the whole welfare budget cuts. With things such as this hanging over the department it can't continue to plough on regardless.

IF and it is still a big IF, the cause of death was welfare cuts... then I agree...

Somehow I don't think we will ever know that, and as unfortunate as it is that people die, there may well be perfect medical reasons why that has happened. So no, I do not think halting the process is that necessary

I personally cannot wait for the introduction of women only train carriages, and women only buses....

Will do wonders for women in our times, off you go back to the days of Pankhurst and co

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

I personally cannot wait for the introduction of women only train carriages, and women only buses....

Will do wonders for women in our times, off you go back to the days of Pankhurst and co

I thought this idea was horrendous. 

So will the women I suspect.... vote Jezza

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

Good job that that isn't one of JC's policies then! He said that he'd be willing to raise the idea after a women's group approached him on it, but that he wasn't sure himself. He also said that action needs to be taken to prevent sexual harrassment happening in the first place.

It's interesting that the Tories and the Labour right are reduced to misquoting and scaremongering. It's almost as if they're running scared.

Nope... POKING FUN is what I am doing...

I want him to win!

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

Is George Osborne just poking fun then? It's incredible that he thinks Labour members will listen to him, but also interesting that he's singing from the same hymn sheet as the Blairites. It just goes to show where the real political fault lines are.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/aug/31/jeremy-corbyn-poses-national-security-threat-george-osborne

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

Then hopefully he wins!

You best ask George!

I got an email from John Prescott this morning (who I still have alot of political respect for) starting with the words comrade then following it up with the words lets vote Burnham. Me thinks this if from the Burnham campaign team realising they are now on a big defeat and they need to look as left wing as possible to try and get Andy a job in the shadow cabinet Jeremy will announce.

Yes the Tories are reduced to using their media friends to basically misquoting the real news. Wow a lying Tory. Thats never happened before has it?

Nope never... ha ha ha... but then again hissy... look closer to home also

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately @[member="PTID1862"] isn't with us to celebrate (no he's not dead!) but this will be my last bump on a monumental day for British Politics.

Never again can the criticism be levelled at the Party that we are all the same. There is now a clear mandate to put water between the two political parties of this country and that water is red.

If you supported JC, thank you.

If you didn't then unity is the way forward to beat the Tories.

If you are a Tory, then watch out because from this day forth the Labour Party is now a force of good and we will take power again and help all those who need help to rise from the ashes.

• Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

We won't see will and won't do until labour get into power, so as of the moment.. it doesn't really matter what they say they will do for the uk.

I don't really follow politics myself, so i don't read too much into policies or anything related.

We won't see will and won't do until labour get into power, so as of the moment.. it doesn't really matter what they say they will do for the uk.

I don't really follow politics myself, so i don't read too much into policies or anything related.

3 months ago alot of people said the same @[member="cheeky~k8"]. Since then 550000 people have joined the Labour party. In fact 10000 have joined since 12 o'clock today. The old reason of them all being the same doesn't apply anymore. Ask the 10000 that have joined since lunchtime. 

We live in a world we all need to take our share of personal responsibility. A perfect example of this can be taken with the dire situation of the refugees. 

The Tories offered to take 4000. They have been pressed ganged by Labour into taking more. They've upped it to 20000 over 5 years. Nowhere near enough. 

One of the first acts as Labour Leader for JC was to do something no leader of any political party has done for two generations. He went straight from his appointment conference and led the mass protest rally in London. Over 100000 turned up offering to accommodate refugees. This was organised late Thursday night. Imagine what we could do as a country as a whole if 100000 can offer beds in two days. All we need now is the present government to realise this and start to save families lives. I'm sure you would have been horrified by some of the pictures we have all seen in the past few days. I know I have.

Apologies it was 15,500 actually. who joined yesterday. Apologies to the 5500 I left off. Right wing media aside, imagine what these huge numbers will mean during an actual campaign. 

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I do have to say Corbyn is a good choice for saying things he means, then acting upon them. If I vote for him is a different question but I think David Cameron will need to seek some new bull****.

Well done to Corbyn, people say it never seemed likely but I always felt with people like HD on side - He'd go all the way.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

It will certainly make politics a lot more interesting, we now have a clear divide separating the two parties which in my humble opinion can only be a good thing.

For Corbyn the really hard work starts now, he needs to unite the party first and get the whole labour movement behind him and then the hardest thing of all will be persuading the British public that labour can form a competent, credible Government for the good of the country as a whole.

He has five years to do this and I for one hope he succeeds so that we can have a true Labour government that care about the less well off in society and less so the privileged and wealthy

• Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

We do all need to take our own responsibility, i will still not bother with politics myself.

Labour do need to have a leader that makes an impact, because otherwise we will all have another tory government in 5 years.

My local area always seems to vote labour, so if i voted it wouldn't make a difference.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  2,894
  • Days Won:  229

I am pleased with Jezza having got the Labour job gig, let's face it, he was the only one of the four who actually had a personality and convictions. The other three are interchangeable drones. Yes, I may not agree with all of Corbyn's views - his foreign policy and home defence views are a bit too idealistic - but he has singlehandedly galvanised British politics and given left-wingers a party to rally around once again - let's face it, between summer 2010 and summer 2015 there hasn't been a decent left-wing movement in Britain. The Lib Dems were effectively used as a pair of cheap wellies you buy from Primark to wade through s**t at a muddy festival and then bin once you're back on dry land with your feet clean and dry. Labour under Miliband were a shambles, effectively a dormant husk of what they could be, stuck in a limbo between Old Labour and New Labour and thus with no credibility in the eyes of the electorate (not to mention that we seem to have a bullying culture in this country which makes it ok to shame someone because of the way they look and sound rather than their credentials, but with the Bullingdon Mafia in charge, that's not a surprise) so in hindsight it's no surprise that they were battered in the election. As I said, Labour is now a left-wing party again and people have rallied round it, and how! 

So anyway, I'm more than happy to give him a chance to see how he can turn the Labour party around. I am however disgusted by the hatchet job perpetrated by the media (and I haven't even got the liberty of saying "right-wing media" because it's the f*****g Guardian and BBC that have been at it too), not to mention the frankly libellous character assassination perpetrated by the Conservatives to discredit him. I think Jezza should sue because it was sickening. Let's face it - the Tories sat back and watched the chaos unfold when the Labour leadership campaign was going on, as the party appeared to be eating itself from the inside. They sat back because they didn't think there would be anything that put them at risk. Then Jezza got elected. Then he created a Shadow cabinet which is actually fairly decent, and a lot of people even within the party seem to be content with him as leader. NOW they're thinking "s**t, this could turn risky"... and with the release of their propaganda video, it's shown them up to be a bunch of manipulative thugs.

• Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

The media are going all out for Jezza now. It's a good sign, he must be doing something right for those foreign owned papers and right wing morons to be attacking him. Interestingly, even the Guardian and BBC are at it, though I guess it sells papers...

Having said that, Jezza does need to watch how he is portrayed as this will count quite a long way to convincing a lot of people. A lot of voters won't be too interested in watching debates or listening to watch Jezza has to actually say, a lot of the rubbish printed in papers will be used to form people's opinions. 

• Content Count:  627
  • Days Won:  11

3 months ago alot of people said the same @[member="cheeky~k8"]. Since then 550000 people have joined the Labour party. In fact 10000 have joined since 12 o'clock today. The old reason of them all being the same doesn't apply anymore. Ask the 10000 that have joined since lunchtime. 

We live in a world we all need to take our share of personal responsibility. A perfect example of this can be taken with the dire situation of the refugees. 

The Tories offered to take 4000. They have been pressed ganged by Labour into taking more. They've upped it to 20000 over 5 years. Nowhere near enough. 

One of the first acts as Labour Leader for JC was to do something no leader of any political party has done for two generations. He went straight from his appointment conference and led the mass protest rally in London. Over 100000 turned up offering to accommodate refugees. This was organised late Thursday night. Imagine what we could do as a country as a whole if 100000 can offer beds in two days. All we need now is the present government to realise this and start to save families lives. I'm sure you would have been horrified by some of the pictures we have all seen in the past few days. I know I have.

I did hear of people from the right paying the £3 to vote in the Labour leadership election just to get JC as leader as they thought it would make them un-electable. A gamble, I know, but I can't imagine the half a million people will automatically convert into Labour activists going forward.

I did hear of people from the right paying the £3 to vote in the Labour leadership election just to get JC as leader as they thought it would make them un-electable. A gamble, I know, but I can't imagine the half a million people will automatically convert into Labour activists going forward.

They don't need to be activists, just a declared Labour fan. I think we're up to 40000 new members since Saturday lunchtime so thats pretty good going. We now have by far the biggest membership in history of the UK democratic system. Like I say, they don't all need to be ranting looney lefties like me, just involved to the point that they would be willing to have a conversation with others about their voting beliefs because this next election will be won on conversations just like that. Newspaper influence is receding by the minute (fortunately) and social media is now an easy router to voters, thus debates can happen immediately as they are needed.

The media did no more than we expected of them. Now they move onto other targets while as you say, Labour can work under the radar, getting ready for conference.
Membership is massive now. We have added 68000 new members since 12th September. That amount is bigger than the Liberal Democrat membership across the whole of the UK at their peak of 'I agree with Nick.'
The movement moves on. Minus bacon cobs on the menu for conference!

Archived