Tonys holiday ramblings

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Morning all, we've moved from Norfolk where we met up with 40ish other silly buggers who like to park in a field in the middle of nowhere and moved to Chichester on a farm campsite. Had a nice posh meal with Brother in law and his wife last night washed down with a pint of Talors Landlord.

During the night we woke to a drip drip drip sound during torrential rain, the water was dripping on my bed, so it seems we have a leak, luckily we are going to the Isle of Wight where the van was manufactured and hopefully they can sort it out for us, that is if we can get to the Isle of Wight! There is a howling gale blowing at the moment I just hope the ferries don't stop running.

Typical I missed a great win on Saturday but in a way I'm glad I wasn't there because my next door neighbour sat in my seat and got smacked in the head by the ball, I hope he is ok, I left a message on his phone but he hasn't been in touch so can't find out how he is.

Have a great day everyone whatever you are doing.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

Sounds like an adventure. I'd love to go back to the isle of wight again sometime... i loved it as a kid.

I hope you get your van fixed, so you can carry on with your holiday. To be honest, i don't think that would stop you though.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

Hope the weather improves for you and Mrs H and you get your van fixed OK.I wish I could have found some TT Landlord at Skeg,at least there was Theakstons and of course Batemans.Enjoy your break and please update us if you have the time.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It's a good job I didn't jump the gun by asking why you didn't visit him! :lol:

Question is, how did you know he got hit by a ball? :unsure:

Supporter+

Question is, how did you know he got hit by a ball? :unsure:

@[member="magpiejue"] tweeted me after the match to tell me @[member="notts-joe"]

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  2,894
  • Days Won:  229

Glad you're enjoying yoursen buddy! What I'd give for a holiday now, seven days of work a week can grind   :angel:

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Days Won:  17

Yes poor old Dougie took a right smack in the head with the ball, best of it was we never even saw it coming. I'm very ball phobic, but missed that one coming over.  :unsure:

Supporter+

We've moved to the Isle of Wight, the sea was quite rough and the ferries were delayed by the amount of bedraggled young festival goers returning from the Bestival. However we finally arrived at our campsite and got the awning attached to the van just in time before the heavens opened to torrential rain which continued unabated all night.

During the night we had water coming in through our sky light, so next morning I decided it was time to call in a few favours so I called the MD of the company that made the vehicle and as it happened he was on holiday but when i told him of our predicament he immediately phoned the factory and told them to expect us.

We set off and were warmly welcomed at the factory and they soon set about resealing the skylight while we had a nice walk around the town and a pub lunch, when we returned the repair was complete and it only cost me a tenner for the tea and biscuit fund for the factory lads, how's that for service.

The afternoon was then free for a spot of fishing, I didn't catch anything but it was pleasant sat on the beach and watching the big ships and yachts passing through the Solent.

Tonight and tomorrow more heavy rain is forecast so the newly repaired skylight will get a good test.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Obvious you're a man with friends in high places Judith! Glad you got it fixed.

Supporter+

Obvious you're a man with friends in high places Judith! Glad you got it fixed.

He owes me big time, the company get a lot of promotion from us.

Supporter+

Another day of constant rain yesterday so a good test for the new seals and I'm happy to say the stood up well no more dripping water on my bed.

On the downside we decided to have a run out in the van but couldn't get off the grass pitch which was fast turning into a mud bath. The wheels just kept spinning and digging deeper and deeper into the soft mud. Thankfully the campsite owners came to our rescue and towed our van off.

So it was in the pouring rain we had a drive into Sandown and sat in the van having our lunch whilst watching the waves crashing up on the beach and some very brave surfers enjoying the stormy seas.

When we returned to our muddy pitch the owners had put some boards down so that we wouldn't get stuck again, Mrs H cooked a lovely roast lamb dinner and we settled in for the night listening to the rain drumming on the roof.

This morning things look much better the rain has stopped and the sun is out, HURRAY! :clapping:

• Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

sounds like your having a very nice time, i do like keeping up to date with your adventure esp when you share pictures @[member="tonyhateley"].

:)

Supporter+

Just for you @[member="liampie"]

This was the rainy view yesterday from our van on site

fab244dca2ca53835ad62eebfe518397.jpg

So we had a drive and watched the waves

486cec508c6beb20a961fd8146ec5257.jpg

What a difference a day makes the sun is out, we had a lovely walk down the beach but too knackered to walk back so we are taking the bus

12db3d68c1d5e2c0be3dae2cb906e0fb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope the weather remains good for you @[member="tonyhateley"],it's amazing how the weather can change so much.

I'm glad you got your van is fixed and the weather is picking up. I hope the weather stays nice for you, for the rest of your holiday.. wherever your going next.

Supporter+

Evening all, today has been another mixed day weather wise, it rained during the night and part of the morning but cleared to lovely sunshine around 10am.

I was desperate to try fishing with some lug worms I'd bought from a tackle shop, so Mrs H and myself grabbed our chairs, I grabbed my tackle while Mrs H grabbed her knitting and we walked down to the beach from the campsite.

It was idyllic sitting on the beach fishing and knitting, the lugworms proved to be a bit of a flop, as i put them on the hook half their guts shot out which wasn't very pleasant (hope you've had your tea). Needless to say no fish were caught but it was pleasant.

As the clouds started to form Mrs H wisely decided to head back to the van, yours truly stayed on hoping for that last bite, unfortunately I stayed a little too long and the heavens opened, I got absolutely drenched, I might as well have jumped in the sea I couldn't have got any wetter.

Later the sun came out again so I managed to dry my stuff off by hanging trousers, coats etc from the wing mirrors of the van.

Oh well a dryer day is forecast for tomorrow.

The site is beginning to fill up with weekenders now so I expect things will get a little more lively. We might have a drive to Ventnor tomorrow if it's nice. Cheers all.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Days Won:  17

Glad to hear you're getting about a bit @[member="tonyhateley"]. Hope the weather is kind for the rest of your holiday. 

Sounds interesting, i love the photo of the sunny beach.

Supporter+
339e615e35e1df0578a3337e28818697.jpg

Looking over towards Portsmouth from the Isle of Wight

Supporter+

Sounds interesting, i love the photo of the sunny beach.

The beaches are lovely here @[member="cheeky~k8"] your kids would love it.

I went there as a kid, i'm sure my kids would love it as much as i did @[member="tonyhateley"]

Supporter+

Well it's the last day of our stay on the Isle of Wight, tomorrow we catch the ferry back to the mainland.

It's been a glorious last couple of days which has made up for the rain we have suffered previously. Yesterday we went to Ventnor on the south coast of the island, a long walk down the coastal path which seems to change every year we come due to the sea claiming back some land. When we got back we had a pint and a spot of lunch and spent the afternoon on the beach.

3c05b091e3d0a0d62086c8f2acd8cb39.jpg

4b5a023e3b353576576f698b2244ead9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

Lovely pictures @[member="tonyhateley"].The weather looks fantastic.

They are some amazing pictures. I've always loved the cliffs and beaches there. I'm sure you'll go back soon enough.

Archived