Protest after the game?

ivansneck

7 minutes ago, ivansneck said:

Very brave of you to come on here tonight. You deserve a lot of credit for that. I, for one, am glad to hear your denials.

I remian highly critical of the board's recent decisions, but will never abuse you or your family or the manager personally.

I never hide. The incident happened before full time, despite whats been said. I was unhappy at the way some of our "fans" were deriding their own club and that won't have been encouraging for the players who were trying to win. Its the only time I've ever walked out. I can't understand that level of hostility directed to the pitch - what do they hope to achieve by it?? If the anger is directed at me, I can handle that. I went outside to calm down and was confronted by a well known , loud, openly hostile fan (not young) so I stood up for myself, for once. I didn't use that language,(not in my repertoire!) though I probably did use a few choice words.The person in question has been using far worse to abuse me on social media for years.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, erindoors said:

I never hide. The incident happened before full time, despite whats been said. I was unhappy at the way some of our "fans" were deriding their own club and that won't have been encouraging for the players who were trying to win. Its the only time I've ever walked out. I can't understand that level of hostility directed to the pitch - what do they hope to achieve by it?? If the anger is directed at me, I can handle that. I went outside to calm down and was confronted by a well known , loud, openly hostile fan (not young) so I stood up for myself, for once. I didn't use that language,(not in my repertoire!) though I probably did use a few choice words.The person in question has been using far worse to abuse me on social media for years.

At the least the abuse you get on this forum takes the form of @pokerpie calling you a 'certain young lady'. He did of course mean a certain VERY young lady...

50 minutes ago, erindoors said:

no one said any such thing. And I don't know what my 11 year old said on Facebook after he heard his mum on the receiving end of vile abuse from Grown men.

Could I remind you that Facebook has an age limit of 13 and anyone younger using it has broken their terms of agreement! 🤔

Supporter+

What an embarrassment a once proud club has become. I don't know who's right or who's wrong, but today sums up all that is wrong at the moment. From a horrible performance on the pitch to open hostility off it. Fans having a go at the players, fans having a go at each other and owners and fans having a confrontation. It's cringe worthy. No wonder people don't want to go to games any longer. It's no fun. Negativity abounds.

39 minutes ago, ivansneck said:

Social media causes more harm than good in my view.

Social media is a wonderful thing, just like in life it's the humans that operate them. People say technology causes harm, it only does if your phone is strapped to your hand and your eyes are glued to the screen.

1 minute ago, notts-joe said:

Social media is a wonderful thing, just like in life it's the humans that operate them. People say technology causes harm, it only does if your phone is strapped to your hand and your eyes are glued to the screen.

My screen is still staying Notts lost 1-0!

50 minutes ago, erindoors said: no one said any such thing. And I don't know what my 11 year old said on Facebook after he heard his mum on the receiving end of vile abuse from Grown men.

Could I remind you that Facebook has an age limit of 13 and anyone younger using it has broken their terms of agreement! [emoji848]

Does it have a minimum IQ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, notts-joe said:

Good point. I've now spent longer thinking and reading about the match than the match lasted, and that aint good! Goodnight PoN. More positive tomorrow.

I feel sorry for JF, it's not his fault he got the job, but he is clearly not up to it, and he has no chance of ever being succesful at Notts, because the majority of the fans are against him and will turn on him at any opportunity, employing ex florist will never work, remember Larry Lloyd!!  Fullerton has to go now and a SOS sent to Mr Cotterill 

Mr and Mrs T are nice people.....but unfortunately I think people have just had enough......yet another joke manager, terrible performance....even looking at it on a computer screen from Mexico.....another £50 lost backing Notts....totally wasted day.....goodnight

3 hours ago, wacky said:

I feel sorry for JF, it's not his fault he got the job, but he is clearly not up to it, and he has no chance of ever being succesful at Notts, because the majority of the fans are against him and will turn on him at any opportunity, employing ex florist will never work, remember Larry Lloyd!!  Fullerton has to go now and a SOS sent to Mr Cotterill 

.....and the chances of a "proper" manager like SC wanting to work at  Notts are?..............errrrrr.............ZERO......it actually makes you wonder if JF was actually the first choice during the last managerial merry-go-round......maybe the others turned up for the interview, saw what was on offer, then politely declined!!

Was yesterday a bad dream? I am sorry that so called Supporters are confronting Mrs T. We need to all take a step back and calm down. Jamie needs to realise that there has to be space in the team for creativity, be it Stanley and/or Valencic. Tuesday cannot now come quick enough to right a wrong. @erindoors please don't lose heart.... We all care and love you for Notts

5 hours ago, tarquinbeech said:

.....and the chances of a "proper" manager like SC wanting to work at  Notts are?..............errrrrr.............ZERO......it actually makes you wonder if JF was actually the first choice during the last managerial merry-go-round......maybe the others turned up for the interview, saw what was on offer, then politely declined!!

Probably hit the nail on the head with that. 

8 hours ago, tarquinbeech said:

Mr and Mrs T are nice people.....but unfortunately I think people have just had enough......yet another joke manager, terrible performance....even looking at it on a computer screen from Mexico.....another £50 lost backing Notts....totally wasted day.....goodnight

I'm interested to know , was he a 'joke manager' after Tuesday night ? Or just after yesterday ? 

If they had won yesterday then was he still a joke manager ? I understand the disappointment yesterday but the reaction from some is hugely knee jerk and over the top .. And some of it quite personal which is a bit unnecessary 

31 minutes ago, NewNottsFan said:

I'm interested to know , was he a 'joke manager' after Tuesday night ? Or just after yesterday ? 

If they had won yesterday then was he still a joke manager ? I understand the disappointment yesterday but the reaction from some is hugely knee jerk and over the top .. And some of it quite personal which is a bit unnecessary 

The issue is you think this is knee jerk because your view extends only back to when JF was appointed.

This is more like the straw that broke the camels back. As I've said, feel sorry for JF, because he's just the puppet that's happened to be put there when the camels back finally gave way. 

8 hours ago, tarquinbeech said: Mr and Mrs T are nice people.....but unfortunately I think people have just had enough......yet another joke manager, terrible performance....even looking at it on a computer screen from Mexico.....another £50 lost backing Notts....totally wasted day.....goodnight

Nobody is a 'joke' manager, I agree.

But, I don't want to pay to watch his team play at home if the last two games are anything to go by. I want entertainment first, and wins second. JF is failing on both at present. I don't go to away games very often, so Tuesday is much less important to me than yesterday.

29 minutes ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

The issue is you think this is knee jerk because your view extends only back to when JF was appointed.

This is more like the straw that broke the camels back. As I've said, feel sorry for JF, because he's just the puppet that's happened to be put there when the camels back finally gave way. 

My view does extend back to then , you are spot on...and its because of that timescale that I'm surprised at some of the vitriol so early on in a young managers career

Like I say, knowing about the lad is why I feel I wanted to bring balance where I think its needed and I'll keep doing it.

I said it before the game that I was apprehensive about the game , and the 'performance' unfortunately brought about exactly what I worried about but the level of abuse, and it is abuse,  (not on here by the way) has been quite alarming.

What I can tell you is that Fullarton is no puppet, he's put the hard miles into his career and his coaching and knows the game so he won't be naïve enough to expect a walk in the park from fans and will know that performances will have to improve at home.

When you get journalists who interview him after the game, say that they were shocked at the abuse, then that tells you something.

Fans on FB posting that they will never support him unless they are in the top 6? I mean how do you possibly satisfy that given the league position he took over?

Hey , a bad day at work yesterday but I'll still be there for the Bristol Rovers game.

Tuesday night awaits and I hope he gets the reaction he needs from the players....and fans

35 minutes ago, ivansneck said:

Nobody is a 'joke' manager, I agree.

But, I don't want to pay to watch his team play at home if the last two games are anything to go by. I want entertainment first, and wins second. JF is failing on both at present. I don't go to away games very often, so Tuesday is much less important to me than yesterday.

Yeah cant disagree and the home performances haven't been good enough, I think he was honest yesterday and didn't hide from that.

Some interesting views from SlockNCFC16 on another board...

The thing is, I already feel like I have given JF enough chances. The two home games and the game away at York which I attended have largely been exactly the same with no improvement whatsoever. It isn't even that he's getting things wrong, although he is getting things wrong; It's that I don't really fancy making the effort to watch a JF team at Meadow Lane that's going to be bereft of any kind of excitement or flair and will instead be content at one shot on target in 90 minutes. What kind of football is he getting us to play? Because if it's setting us up not to lose every week, and 0-0 is seen as a positive, then I won't be going even if we do play the way he wants us to play and scrap the odd tedious win.

Remember too that he could change things, he has options in Aborah, Burke, Campbell (for more than 5-10 minutes in a game) and Snijders to name a few, but instead he persists with the defensive Smith (who is also past it) and Thompson in midfield which leaves us far too deep and the strikers isolated while Noble is wasted on the wing, leaving us hoofing the ball up front in a totally predictable manner that makes us very easy to defend against and reduces our 150k striker in Mcleod to chasing the ball and jumping for headers as if he's playing in Sunday League. This is all Fullarton's fault, not ours as fans. I for one don't blame people who refuse to get behind the manager having seen all of this.

Under Moniz, I was frustrated by our defensive shortcomings but I was at least entertained at Meadow Lane by some good attacking play and by the odd pass or bit of skill from Aborah that brought a smile to my face and made me feel like it was worth coming and paying for my ticket. In contrast, I have yet to be entertained by JF in 3 full games now. The same pattern of hope, irritation, anger, depression and resignation to defeat has occurred in every case. Until Fullarton gives himself a chance by playing players at home that would get us on the attack, I will not be bothering again until he is gone, which he will be sooner or later if we don't improve.

Unquote

and from Pieinthesky...

Yesterday at this time I was looking forward to my usual 120 mile trip to the match - 9 points out of 15 - it seemed a good start for Jamie Fullarton. Yes, I was disappointed that Stanley was not playing and that for whatever reason there had been some late team changes but I was hopeful. It was noticeable though that there was was little atmosphere in the stadium at the start, fans seemed on tender hooks and with little positive support it's not surprising that the players never seemed to get going, fearing a backlash for mistakes.

Half time came and let's be honest it was poor from both sides but the vitriol and hostility that emerged on the terraces in the second half was totally out of order. To be honest by the end I was utterly ashamed and embarrassed to be a Notts supporter and I say this after over 50 years of often long distance support - never have I felt so low travelling home. We have to give JF and the team a chance; he is the manager and deserves support during the game not the insults and ridicule so prevalent now in society if people don't get their own way. Protest against the Board if you wish before and after the game but for the manager and players to be taking such flack during the game is way out of order in my opinion. Continue in this way and our club will take years to recover from such hostility.

No wonder we have been playing better away from home.

Very sad times indeed.

Unquote

The key is in the latter post...we have to give JF a chance... However despite his grounding in the game, I find it difficult to reconcile hoofball to a man grounded in the upper echelons of how the game can be played at the top level. I would like to think there is a Fergie in there somewhere but even Fergie realised that he needed the creativity and unpredictability of a player like Scanlon when he was at Aberdeen. 

Maybe Smith is influencing Jamie too much by demanding to play? We need a midfield carrier to link play which we dont have in the current formation. It may work away from home but as yesterday proved, you need to be on the front foot at home to take the game to the opposition. Yesterday we were far too negative because of that set up.

Archived