Match Discussion: Game 27 - The Mariners (A)

PON_News

Game 27 - The Mariners (A)

Team: Grimsby Town

Date: 21/01/17

Where: Blundell Park

What line-up should Kevin Nolan opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

Supporter+

Grimsby are doing quite well for themselves. One of the few highlights of this season was Notts coming from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 in September. They have Omar Bogle who must rubbing his hands in glee at the thought of facing this defence again. They did suffer a bad 3-0 defeat at home to Exeter last Saturday but that seems to be just a blip. I can't see Notts getting anything from this game. 3-1 to Grimsby. 

• Like 1

Grimsby would be half the side they're now without Omar Boyle, don't get me wrong - they have some good players but really they're nothing special.

Its the type of way I'd like Notts to be (perhaps with a few more quality players in the mix). Positive thing for them is that their squad understands how best to play with other, though if I not mistaken - wasn't they struggle not that long ago or at some point during the 2016-17 season?

I can't quite remember when exactly that was but I would like to see Notts show some fighting spirit.

1 hour ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

Hoof ball? No thanks.

Did I say that? :lol: Don't turn into one of them who quote part of a message in an effort to abstract from the original point.

I want Notts to play attacking football, that is of the swift passing variety and that can break teams down with nice football (defending like a good military force would be also nice) but I would settle for reliable and semi strategic.

No, as mentioned - I would like Notts to be able to field a few key stars, some grafters who make up a team and then reliable/good players scattered around.

Grimsby have a team who pull their weight and rely on each other. I don't refer to the tactics that Bignot has them playing but compared to our current squad it wouldn't really be a bad thing (it's not doing them any harm). Though I would like to see Notts robust enough that the players considered to be key parts of the team shine - rather then the ***te we tend to get.

Good luck Notts.

• Like 1

disappointed to see the result but 2-0 to a team in much better form is not as bad really.

we know its going to take time but we have some good games coming up, just need to make sure we dont let this chip away at the progress that has been made and that we prepare ourselves for the bigger battles ahead.

• Like 5

Guest gtownjohnno
21 hours ago, ivansneck said:

It sounded as though our heads didn't go down which is encouraging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk