Music that felt life changing when you first heard it

One of my 2016 Christmas presents was a 4 disc special featuring music that is considered to be life changing.

This got me thinking about what other PON members like music wise and if they could name any music, bands, or songs that felt life changing when they first heard it/them. There is no surprise for me that David Bowie features more than six times within the collection of mostly classic songs. "Changes" for me was empowering and I still recall the first time that I heard it.

A few notable albums in my back catalogue which remain with me for various reasons. Here's 3 random picks;
Absolutely Madness- Madness. First album I bought
Surrender- Chemical Brothers. A big influence at the time
White Ladder- David Gray. Courting

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

There's a lot of music that inspires me, for this reason I like trying different meanings from lyrics. It's what got me into songwriting and eventually poetry.

Hidden in plain View released two epic albums, however their last was just haunting and beautiful at the same time.

Most of the songs on the album I could relate to.

There are other examples but I think HIPV'S the best example as it help me to feel comfortable talking about depression and seeking help.

I remember, all the way back in 2000, Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park were my gateway bands into the world of rock/metal, so they could be considered life-changing. Also a number of trance songs from those days, like PPK - Resurrection, William Orbit - Barber's Adagio for Strings, and a couple more, pretty much instilled a lifelong love of electronic dance music.

Art is the decoration of space; music is the decoration of time. - Anon

Archived