Do you feel season ticket holder can complain?

AmericanPie

I am sure they can complain considering that they are the people who fund much of the clubs budget, so I guess my question should be are you bothered that Alan Hardy has lowered the attendance fee? The objectives are quite important as the club does need the support but it is good to see the offers coming out from the club.

Its a difficult debate that only season ticket holders concerned can really explain the other side.

Where do you stand on this situation? Alan's done the right thing by offering discount next season, its a fair compromise for me.

of course they can and i expect people will but provided its not out of stupidity which there is a lot of. i think people have the right to express their concerns and views, i like how alan has responded since coming in as chairman.

i just wished fans was not so divided and tried to be a bit more understanding.

tho people who just complain and act silly on social media are just a minority. i am sure people just want to see their value and st respected mostly.

16 hours ago, AmericanPie said:

Its a difficult debate that only season ticket holders concerned can really explain the other side.

To be honest I don't think it is a difficult debate, without doubt Alan Hardy should be applauded for his reduced price offers.  I bought my season ticket knowing that for the price I paid I would get to watch 23 league games.  That's exactly what I've got, and I've never regretted a penny of my outlay.  I would think that anyone who purchased a ST must be a pretty avid Notts fan, so why would you complain about a few cheap ticket offers that have done a great job in improving attendances, atmosphere and maybe even results?  I don't do social media so I haven't seen any of the moaners, but I would guess that they are in a very small minority.  

I feel the same way with regards to the stadium, I'd rather see it full and I don't make comparison to offers.

Everyone I spoke to on Saturday shared similar views, they didn't care about it and wanted to see things improve on match days. I assume it's a minority, as so far nobody has mentioned that they feel annoyed or disgruntled about it.

2 hours ago, Elite_pie said:

I see Alan Hardy is providing a free hot pie at Home Park for all Notts fans who go to the game at Plymouth tomorrow.

Hardy doe like his free pies, it's one way of getting rid of the supply. :lol:

No, it's great to see him showing support and doing kind gestures. I hope he continues to do throughout the ups and downs, fans will be thankful and I think it will keep a togetherness. I'm not really someone who enjoys eating them, though deals and giveaways can be a massive boost for the community.

No, simply put no. If I bought Fifa 17 for £45 when it first comes out and then in January it's £30 I'm not gonna start moaning it's life, prices change all the time, you accepted that price at the time of buying. 

Furthermore it creates an atmosphere and the team has been much better at home, undefeated since Hardy has done these offers.

Yes I am a season ticket holder.

As a continuation of this topic , I see last night AH came in for some criticism on the plans for the new season's season ticket price , ie price freeze till end of April for those who want to renew , then a price increase in May , some feel his letter or email suggested a reduction , I personally think it's a great deal and a reward for those who want to and can renew , I guess you can't please all the people all the time , I personally applaud what big Al is doing and give a hearty well done .

• 3 weeks later...

I see the topic on season  tickets and matchday pricing is up for debate again on Twitter , personally don't see what problem is , whatever you watch be it football or concert or some other events you get different price structure , get a season ticket get a saving simple , pay on the day offers are surely to tempt the floating fan or casual match goer and should be applauded , no ??? I pay on the day don't have a problem with it at all sometimes lucky enough to get a deal , brilliant , coyp 

Part of the problem is the fact certain people have stated on record that they want to make Meadow Lane affordable, our prices simply aren't and they don't even offer any remote kind of value for the competition a club like ours who are stuck in the fourth tier of English football.

I do feel the prices could be made cheaper for season tickets.

Match Day prices have been reduced, so there's got to be a bit of give and take. The key word is 'a bit', most things I've spoken to in person have said reducing them buy £20-50 would have been a nice gesture to get ST holders to renew. Freezing them (although a nice gesture) is hardly going to motivate people.

For the record, I will pay no matter what but I would have a limit. I can't justify going much higher than the price freeze and the rush I am under now to afford paying is a complete joke. There hasn't been enough warnings and surely Alan Hardy understands families have huge bills to pay, so why the short deadline? That said, I am doing all I can to save but the club should be more flexible.

On the other hand, I won't rant all day about it or take to social media but I understand why some fans will. In fact, provided it doesn't become abusive or silly - I think it gives the club valuable feedback and the majority of fans I know of avoid coming across negatively (despite being blocked etc).

It's going to be interesting to see if the club continues to offer the lower match day prices, as this would offer greater value to floating fans.

I want to see a busy Meadow Lane and this is for the most part the reason why I'm more accepting of the situation but you must look after those who look after you. Season ticket holders are the people who put the money into the club when the results are poor, the games are wet and cold and things are miserable behind the scenes. Honestly, I value to see why a bit of room from the club cannot be given, especially after the cleverly worded political style e-mail sent out which seemed to promise more than a price freeze. That did come across quite disrespectful.

I can accept a price freeze - I wouldn't call it a discount - but I think it's a bit of a PR fail in that there was an opportunity to say 'thanks' for sticking with Notts (buying a 16-17 season ticket) even after the disastrous 2015-16 campaign. I think the renewal price freeze should have been reward for the renewal itself, not having to buy early as well. I  can understand AH wanting to get cash flow into the club but it rankles a bit that I have to renew before the end of April, I would have made it the end of May alongside the 'early bird' offer.

This is the cost per match (bold type in £) for an early bird renewal who attends all 23 games:

Pavis Stand
Adult 380 16.52
Senior 230 10.00
18-21 160 6.96
U-18 45 1.96
U-16 45 1.96
U-12 23 1.00

Kop Stand
Adult 310 13.48
Senior 215 9.35
18-21 160 6.96
U-18 45 1.96
U-16 45 1.96
U-12 23 1.00

Haydn Green Stand

Adult 310 13.48
Senior 230 8.91
18-21 160 6.96
U-18 45 1.96
U-16 45 1.96
U-12 23 1.00

For new applications or anyone renewing in May those prices rise to:

Pavis Stand
Adult 400 17.39
Senior 265 11.52
18-21 190 8.26
U-18 110 4.78
U-16 60 2.61
U-12 23 1.00

Kop Stand
Adult 350 15.22
Senior 250 10.87
18-21 175 7.61
U-18 100 4.35
U-16 60 2.61
U-12 23 1.00

Haydn Green Stand
Adult 350 15.22
Senior 250 10.87
18-21 175 7.61
U-18 100 4.35
U-16 60 2.61
U-12 23 1.00

Pretty reasonable overall, especially if you're an ode un or young un, I hope Hardy gets the response he hopes for.

4 hours ago, notts-joe said:

I can't justify going much higher than the price freeze and the rush I am under now to afford paying is a complete joke. There hasn't been enough warnings and surely Alan Hardy understands families have huge bills to pay, so why the short deadline?

If you're really struggling, there is the Zebra finance option to pay in 8 or 10 monthly instalments.  Obviously it works out a bit more expensive in the long run (around £1 per game in the Kop) but it does make budgeting easier.

https://www.seasonticketfinance.com/notts_county/tickets

It's disappointing but there is method in the madness. Bringing back the crowds and the good vibes and enticing them with offers for the second half of the season was the easy part. It probably paid off financially too as our crowds were so low before. But now the new regime has to try to keep the crowds coming while also providing a competitive budget for a promotion push next season. The club can't assume that we'll keep on getting over 7000 at home games, history tells us that that would result in a big black hole.

Setting an April deadline is clever in a way (getting more people to sign up while we're doing well on the pitch and helping the club set a budget earlier) but also endangers goodwill from supporters. As we've seen. I wouldn't be surprised to see the deadline extended, but who's willing to take that chance?

I thought Elite was going to tell me off for a minute (until reading the quoted message). I wasn't aware Zebra Finance was back, surely something the could be promoting more? That said, I do feel people should given a fair chance to save.

--

@DangerousSausage

I doubt anyone would argue that there wasn't method behind the decision.

I know that the early tickets will ensure Hardy can provide Nolan with a insight into his transfer budget, most clubs try to get as many ST holders on board to boost the coffers but I just think more would come on board with an extension and slightly reduced savings. Nobody is asking for miracles, just to be valued for standing by the club. I am noticing more resentment towards the free tickets that are frequently given out, I just wonder how any can justify showing that sort of appreciation to floating fans and yet on the other hand making hard working people feel undervalued.

You can't please everyone but there's a way to generally make most people happy, unfortunately I would say the club hasn't tried at all with season ticket holders.

15 hours ago, Elite_pie said:

This is the cost per match (bold type in £) for an early bird renewal who attends all 23 games:

Pavis Stand
Adult 380 16.52
Senior 230 10.00
18-21 160 6.96
U-18 45 1.96
U-16 45 1.96
U-12 23 1.00

Kop Stand
Adult 310 13.48
Senior 215 9.35
18-21 160 6.96
U-18 45 1.96
U-16 45 1.96
U-12 23 1.00

Haydn Green Stand

Adult 310 13.48
Senior 230 8.91
18-21 160 6.96
U-18 45 1.96
U-16 45 1.96
U-12 23 1.00

For new applications or anyone renewing in May those prices rise to:

Pavis Stand
Adult 400 17.39
Senior 265 11.52
18-21 190 8.26
U-18 110 4.78
U-16 60 2.61
U-12 23 1.00

Kop Stand
Adult 350 15.22
Senior 250 10.87
18-21 175 7.61
U-18 100 4.35
U-16 60 2.61
U-12 23 1.00

Haydn Green Stand
Adult 350 15.22
Senior 250 10.87
18-21 175 7.61
U-18 100 4.35
U-16 60 2.61
U-12 23 1.00

Pretty reasonable overall, especially if you're an ode un or young un, I hope Hardy gets the response he hopes for.

hardy has said that he thinks we will have a top 4 budget, how does our season ticket compare with other league two teams and in the highest within the football league?

do you know @Elite_pie

5 hours ago, liampie said:

hardy has said that he thinks we will have a top 4 budget, how does our season ticket compare with other league two teams and in the highest within the football league?

do you know @Elite_pie

Far too difficult for me to answer I'm afraid.  The BBC always do a survey on ST prices and we generally come out of it badly, but only because it doesn't tell the full story.  Our adult prices are generally higher than most (the price the BBC use), but if you're over 60 or under 18 we compare very favourably to most.  You also have to consider what you're getting for your money - is it really fair to compare as equals a covered seat at Meadow Lane with an open terrace at Accrington Stanley?

He made a bit of a rod for his own back by making it £20 a game in all stands for adults as this doesn't make the Main Stand season ticket as attractive a proposition. A fiver off a game for new season ticket buyers in the other two stands isn't a bad offer if you know you are going to make every game and (just over) £4 a game is really good value if you are under 18. 

The timescale for renewals is a bit ridiculous though.

4 hours ago, TheSkipper said:

The prices aren't bad at all for fans of my age or older, its the families and people in the middle.

Can't say I agree with that.  While you're probably right about the people in the middle (standard adult), depending on your circumstances Notts do some excellent offers for families.  As an example, if you have a child of 15 and a couple more aged under 12 and you can make all home games, the ST renewal rate in the Kop would work out at £17.44 per match for all 4 of you.  Even a new ST applicant could get the same for £19.83, and I would be very surprised if you can get 4 people in to watch a league football game for under £20 at many clubs.  It's a very fine balance charging prices that can attract fans yet still provide a competitive budget, but as a first stab I think Alan Hardy has done a creditable job. 

May i ask a question please , as i didn't catch fully the phone in on Monday with AH and KN , a friend mentioned something to me about a possible rebate for season ticket holders if a certain number was sold , the question is can anyone put any more details to that as I'm not sure on the clarity , and would that do the job on this debate if it was done to say £20-£40 

21 minutes ago, Who r ya?? You Pies!! said:

May i ask a question please , as i didn't catch fully the phone in on Monday with AH and KN , a friend mentioned something to me about a possible rebate for season ticket holders if a certain number was sold , the question is can anyone put any more details to that as I'm not sure on the clarity , and would that do the job on this debate if it was done to say £20-£40 

I think the number mentioned by Hardy for a possible rebate was 5,000 ST sales.  That seems a bit of an unlikely target considering we sold under 3,000 last season, but at least it's more realistic than the 7,500 Ray Trew used as an incentive.

Archived