should we avoid getting carried a way?

liampie

i heard a lot of fans after the 2-0 win against morecambe saying positive things about this season being the real thing, most seemed a little too optimistic for my linking. dont get me wrong i think we should be up there if things continue but the bubble could burst as we all know. the thing i am unsure about is when fans say we are going to walk the league or win it, i think we lack the quality to do either of those especially at such an early point.

what do you think? should we avoid getting carried a way?

I feel we should believe, and have faith but really it's early days.

There's a feel around Meadow Lane though which would suggest we can do something special this season, I firmly believe we can but I wouldn't suggest at this stage that we could walk the league or even win it. As always there is that chance, so I wouldn't fault anyone but I would echo how fickle football is as a sport. You win a boring game where we was outplayed and performed badly, though it's the win people remember.

When you play quite well, but lack the chances which most people judge 'good performances' on and it's a complete contrast to the previous example.

We should avoid getting carried a way, whilst at the same time we should give our backing to the players more. If we lose a couple, it will switch to relegation or how crap we are. We just need to remember it's all about stability this season.

As nice as it is to be doing well, I've supported Notts way too long to know that any talk of promotion or playoffs needs to wait until the New Year.

Based on way too many seasons gone by, November to January tends to have a drop in form (or worse, if last year's anything to go by).

So if we've begun 2018 and we're still in the running, then I might start dreaming. Until then I'm just enjoying the good vibes as they come but not looking ahead.

There are a lot of fans that get carried away and over re-act whichever team they support .Some fans of my lot were all doom and gloom after our abysmal display, pre international break, against Sheffield United.After Friday nights much improved performance against Hull some fans seem to  think we are already promoted.Take each game as it comes.There will be setbacks, just enjoy the ride while it lasts and hope it continues .

I think we have some of the worst fans when it comes to realism.

They criticise the club when it needs support, yet jump on the bandwagon when things are rosy. Now we have won a few games its all peachy, but it won't be the same if we have a period where we struggle. Its promising but anyone who thinks we will walk league are seriously deluded.

The players should keep their feet on the ground and not carried away. They know it's only a snapshot and that no-one ever won anything with 13 points. But you're not a player, you're a fan. So enjoy it!

W're in an automatic promotion spot for possibly the first time since 2010. Daydream a bit, take photos of the table and post them on Facebook. Repeat till May (hopefully).

Of course we shouldn't get too carried away......especially at this early stage of the season, because a run of 4 or 5 games without a win could drop the team half the length of the table. But at this moment its all points in the bag, and if we hit a bad run later in the season we can hopefully ride it out and return to form without losing too much ground.

Having said that, this good start is good for confidence and team spirit. Winning matches gets to be a habit. I do think we have a pretty good squad of players, although like most fans, I wanted to see another striker brought in, and there will need to be one or two additions in January as suspensions and perhaps injuries start to kick in.  But I have to say I think we WILL still be up there challenging when the time comes, all on the momentum of a good start to the season.  

I think our first XI isn't too bad a side and one capable of being around the playoffs, but looking beyond them (apart from one or two on the bench who should be playing) I think we are pretty poor.

If we stay fit and free from a lot of suspensions and with 3, or 4 signings in January, we might just get in the playoffs, otherwise mid table.

Normally, if you can find consistency in this division, you give yourself a good chance to go up.

• 2 weeks later...

The opening league game against Coventry City had me nervous, ever since it seems too smooth.

I can't say that I am getting a way but I am enjoying being top of the league, its something we as Notts fans need to enjoy. It doesn't happen often but usually when its this good you know your in for a roller coaster of a season that is actually good for once. I'm not getting carried a way by any stretch of the imagine but it I do believe in the squad.

• 1 month later...

i am not getting carried a way but i think if we remain where we are beyond christmas, we should be in a good position to stay there. as i just wrote in the optimism topic i feel we are doing great and are in with a chance to gain promotion.

we just need to keep it up.

Archived