Liam Noble

Northants Pie

Liam Noble  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like him back given his availability?

• Yes - He would improve the squad
    • No - We don't need him

I didn’t want him back in the summer and my opinion hasn’t really changed to be honest. He brings goals, but I don’t think we have the right midfielders currently to complement his wandering.

We need another centre half, covering left back (with pace) and centre forward in January to cement a place in the playoffs, not a hot head in midfield.

For me it is a yes as feel he would improve the squad, decent dead ball player able to spray long and accurate passes, likes to shot from range, a decent tackler and a good engine and felt while was with us had pride in the shirt which a lot of team mates didn’t. Only concern would be his temperament 

The guys an absolute idiot.

He's a League Two player who has repeatedly shot himself in the foot by acting like a drama queen, he's very lucky! I'd give anything to be able to play football like I did before getting injured, I wouldn't mess it up or take it for granted. The problem with Liam is he thinks he's bigger than he is, scoring a few goals or making a few key moments that benefits his club doesn't make him Maradona.

Yet after he's failed to help a struggling club such as FGR, I just ask how the hell can he help us?

I'm prepared to give him another chance, but I really hope he doesn't backfire on us. I've had my moans and said my bit, so I can only welcome him whilst hoping he can be mature enough from here on.

We've given him another chance here.

We need a striker! Signing Liam Noble just says to me that this won't happen come January.

The squad size is already big and that is part of my I feel frustrated, I just feel confused. Alan Hardy spoke about him not returning on Twitter and a short while later he signs. How many midfielders do we need? Its harsh on players like Robert Milsom if you asked me.

Can't get my head around this at all. The re-signing of this snake makes absolutely no sense on any level. Some are saying he'l replace Grant when he goes back in January Do me a favour, he's not half the player Grant is. 

He's poison. We're in such a good place right now, I can't understand why you'd risk upsetting the apple cart with a bad apple like him. Asking for trouble. I'd love to be proved wrong but come on. He's not exactly a kid, he ain't gonna change now

2 hours ago, weymouthPIE said:

Can't get my head around this at all. The re-signing of this snake makes absolutely no sense on any level. Some are saying he'l replace Grant when he goes back in January Do me a favour, he's not half the player Grant is. 

He's poison. We're in such a good place right now, I can't understand why you'd risk upsetting the apple cart with a bad apple like him. Asking for trouble. I'd love to be proved wrong but come on. He's not exactly a kid, he ain't gonna change now

Yeah, I've had people tell me this @weymouthPIE.

Jorge Grant is a classy player on his day in League Two, more recently he's been very quiet and has struggled largely due to being marked by several players at one time. Yet he is by far the better player and I simply can't see Forest recalling him at all.

Very much agree with what you said here, it aligns very closely to my latest feature - please give it a read bud.

2 hours ago, magpiejue said:

Dont get it at all. 

You and me both, just bizarre.

I was against Noble coming back when a £100,000 fee was being reported, but as a free agent I think it's a worthwhile and low risk signing.  I think the crucial thing will be the 'Nolan factor'.  The manager has shown that he is capable of getting the extra mile out of players that most of us considered as not being up to standard, so if he can improve the Noble that we saw before we will have a useful squad adddition for free.  

Let's see what happens everyone deserves a second chance..... If he helps us get promoted all you negative people will be saying what a signing that was on a freebie.. stick together come on you pies in Nolan & Hardy we TRUST

Archived