Have you got a phobia?

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I’ve got a few, the worst is my fear of needles, I know exactly when it started, I was bitten by a dog when I was a young boy of 7 or 8, my mother took me to the doctor who patched up the wound and said I needed tetanus injections. In those days kids weren’t treated like they are now, the nurse who did it was a cruel, heartless woman, who stuck three needles in me two in one thigh and one in another, she made no effort to be gentle at all, ever since I have been really frightened of needles and come out in a cold sweat if I have to have an injection.

Another phobia I have is heights I’m not sure when or how this started but anything above a step ladder height gives me the colly wobbles. 

Lastly I have a strange fear of walking under scaffolding, I’d rather cross the road than walk under it, I’m worried a workman will drop a hammer or something and it will fall on my head or the scaffolding will suddenly collapse.

What phobias do others have, any strange ones? I heard of someone who had a fear of buttons once, now that is illogical.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

My phobia is heights ..! I’m scared like there is no tomorrow of them.

and needles from when I was younger an injection that scares me .

Dentists as well again when I was younger ..!

there a few others ..! 

5 minutes ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

I’ve got a few, the worst is my fear of needles, I know exactly when it started, I was bitten by a dog when I was a young boy of 7 or 8, my mother took me to the doctor who patched up the wound and said I needed tetanus injections. In those days kids weren’t treated like they are now, the nurse who did it was a cruel, heartless woman, who stuck three needles in me two in one thigh and one in another, she made no effort to be gentle at all, ever since I have been really frightened of needles and come out in a cold sweat if I have to have an injection.

Another phobia I have is heights I’m not sure when or how this started but anything above a step ladder height gives me the colly wobbles. 

Lastly I have a strange fear of walking under scaffolding, I’d rather cross the road than walk under it, I’m worried a workman will drop a hammer or something and it will fall on my head or the scaffolding will suddenly collapse.

What phobias do others have, any strange ones? I heard of someone who had a fear of buttons once, now that is illogical.

Tell you some thing mate needles are my mine to .. I had the same thing with a nurse when I was younger probably not as awful as yours but yeah things like that stay with you for life. I was bitten by a dog but I’ve sort of recovered what about you mate do u like dogs now

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I don't think so but everyone has at least one or two they say.

Supporter+
4 minutes ago, Magic magpie said:

Tell you some thing mate needles are my mine to .. I had the same thing with a nurse when I was younger probably not as awful as yours but yeah things like that stay with you for life. I was bitten by a dog but I’ve sort of recovered what about you mate do u like dogs now

Yes, dogs don’t really bother me and the bite didn’t bother me at the time but the viscous nurse with that bloody syringe will stay with me forever.

Just now, Fan of Big Tone said:

Yes, dogs don’t really bother me and the bite didn’t bother me at the time but the viscous nurse with that bloody syringe will stay with me forever.

For many years dogs bothered me I have one now and she has restored my faith in dogs. 

Blimey that’s awful buddy  because she couldn’t be a little caring it’s scared you/given you a phobia for life. 

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  235
  • Days Won:  0

I can't say I do either but just because I haven't come across one doesn't mean I don't.

• Content Count:  12,939
  • Days Won:  162

im not sure its a phobia but i cant stand cats, they dont scare but i dont like being around them. they tend to get aggressive for some reason and when im at my aunts house her cats are always going for me.

evil things!

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I'm scared of heights but I can do them, it just feels like the ground is moving or shaking and I have to hold someone's hand. I used to be really bad when I was younger, although now it isn't too bad - I do still worry about heights and i avoid them when possible.

I hate large crowds, especially when I don't know anybody - I will avoid this completely.

I fear losing friends and dying alone, this is probably the worst two because it plays on my mind quite often and with suffering from depression it makes it harder.

The thought of flying daunts me but I feel I can overcome this with @cheeky~k8, though that and flying really will be something that won't be as easy but provided I am seated near a window I'm sure I will be fine.

I don't like corpses, I know nobody will but they freak me out and I find the thought of being near one quite impossible.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,307
  • Days Won:  69

I hate dentists.When I was about 7/8 I had toothache and  my dad took me to for my first dentist visit.Its stayed in my memory all these years.The nurse who was assisting  the dentist was probably related to the one @Fan of Big Tone speaks so fondly(not)of.She sternly told me to sit in the dentists chair and before I'd settled myself she roughly put an apron around my front.I was still getting myself comfortable when she suddenly thrust a gas mask over my face.I was given no explanation as to what was happening and I began to struggle.I remember the dentist,who had been preparing in the background,telling the nurse to keep the mask on my face.The gas must then have taken effect because the next thing I remember was the room seemed to be spinning and seeing the nurse  panicking and saying,"He's awake" but the dentist was still trying to pull my tooth out and there seemed to be blood everywhere.I remember the dentist shouting to the nurse to hold my head still.The room stopped spinning and my tooth came out.The nurse and dentist both cleaned me up while telling me off for struggling.I hope they don't treat kids like that nowadays.

I also don't like slugs.Not exactly a phobia but I hate the slimy horrible things.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

I don't like spiders but I wouldn't class it as a phobia.

Supporter+
4 hours ago, super_ram said:

I hate dentists.When I was about 7/8 I had toothache and  my dad took me to for my first dentist visit.Its stayed in my memory all these years.The nurse who was assisting  the dentist was probably related to the one @Fan of Big Tone speaks so fondly(not)of.She sternly told me to sit in the dentists chair and before I'd settled myself she roughly put an apron around my front.I was still getting myself comfortable when she suddenly thrust a gas mask over my face.I was given no explanation as to what was happening and I began to struggle.I remember the dentist,who had been preparing in the background,telling the nurse to keep the mask on my face.The gas must then have taken effect because the next thing I remember was the room seemed to be spinning and seeing the nurse  panicking and saying,"He's awake" but the dentist was still trying to pull my tooth out and there seemed to be blood everywhere.I remember the dentist shouting to the nurse to hold my head still.The room stopped spinning and my tooth came out.The nurse and dentist both cleaned me up while telling me off for struggling.I hope they don't treat kids like that nowadays.

I also don't like slugs.Not exactly a phobia but I hate the slimy horrible things.

My God that sounds horrendous @super_ram :panic:

The things they got away with in those days, they'd be locked up now if they treated kids like that. Thank goodness we've progressed from then.

• Content Count:  3,524
  • Days Won:  9

I don't like flies, mosquitoes or any bug that carries diseases or draws blood.

Archived