Match Ratings v Newport

Super_Danny_Allsopp

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  89

Fitzsimmons - 2 - Made a few reaction saves. Glued to his line, doesn't command the area. Proceeded to kick the ball out / to their keeper constantly. Not sure if it's him who doesn't help his defence out or the other way around, suspect it's both.

Hewitt - 0 - NOT A RIGHT BACK. We saw that during Moniz's reign. Passing abysmal.

Duffy - 0 - What the actual ****.

Brisley - 0 - Not even worth explaining.

Jones - 0 - Would give him less if I could. Can't defend, passing/crossing was worse than Hewitt's. Should have pulled an amber top on as he was more use to them than he was us.

Enzio - 8 - Only bright spark. Gets the ball, runs, beats his man and crosses. 

Husin - 5 - Don't think he was great but not particularly awful either.

Vaughan - 3 - Not sure what use he is. Stands off his man, can't tackle, dilly dallys on the ball. Waste of a shirt.

Thomas - 3 - Didn't really work for him today, some poor decisions/touches, but kept trying.

Stead - 5 - Devoid of any real balls anywhere near him. Must be thanking his full backs for the excellent service they provided him..........

Hemmings - 6 - As with Stead, but scored. 

Dennis - 6 - Came on and scored.
Patching - 5 - Was OK

Nolan - 1 - Not sure what he can do with that defence as it's piss poor, but can't blame him for stupid mistake like Duffy's. There is 0 cover for right back, we need 2 fit CBs and probably a left back. Time to dip into the loan market ASAP before we write this season off.

Made Newport look like Barcelona. Piss poor showing from Notts and needs changing.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  24
  • Days Won:  0

I’d swap Vaughn and Husins scores, I thought the opening 20 minutes Vaughn was decent and the bit of trickery at the edge of the Newport box to set up Thomas, who should have scored, was sublime. Husin for me did nothing of note, I like him but I am starting to wonder whether he is a bit like Stan Aborah. Think it was Crawford who came on and not Patching not 100% though.

Again counties opponents seem to have time to find passes and execute their game plan, we always seem to have no time on the ball and misplace passes, can’t believe how little Hemmings saw the ball. Lucky we had the brilliance of Enzio to make up for that, both crosses for the goals were top draw. 

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  922
  • Days Won:  9

9 hours ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

Fitzsimmons - 3/10 - Made a few good saves but got the basics wrong. Continuously gave the ball to Newport from his goal kicks and not one of his kicks connected with our players.  

Hewitt - 0 - Panics under pressure and is not a RB, but with OXC out we have no cover for Tootle. Sort of feel sorry for him at this stage dealing with Duffy's and Brisely's antics. However he plays hoof ball which we left behind last season so needs to get in with the times and understand the new style of football.

Duffy - 0 - Dead. He can't do anything anymore. Not fit to wear the shirt or that excuse of a captains armband.

Brisley - 0 - Whenever his name continues to be on the team sheet I will know we are in for a bad day.

Jones - 0 - Newport cheered whenever he was on the ball, that says it all for this sorry excuse of a LB. Makes really good runs but his final product is woeful. He also can't track back to defend after making his runs which leaves gaping holes for a counter attack.

Boldewjin - 10 - Brilliant! First 10/10 for me this season. 2 assists and plenty of chances created. This lad had a cracker and should be proud of his individual performance tonight, hes ticking all the boxes.

Husin - 4 - Played Hewitt into trouble which led to a corner and Newport scoring. Can do the fancy stuff well but the basics wrong. OK at best for him tonight.

Vaughan - 5 - Player with experience, he needs to start acting like one. Got a lot of time for him as Forest fans say they would still like him there so feel grateful to have him but he needs to step up to the mark sooner rather than later to give the fans some hope. 

Thomas - 3 - Didn't really work for him today, some poor decisions/touches, but kept trying.

Stead - 6 - That hurt him tonight, quality performance in terms of effort, desire and the only man on the pitch really that cared. I really respected Stead after tonight and hopes he silences his haters in the future. He ran after dead balls and continued to pressure Newport's defense at the age of 35 that is good going.

Hemmings - 6 - Good goal and can link up with players well. He is a quality striker for this league no doubt about it but just think long balls from the full backs don't help him out at all. He thrives on balls on the floor. Rate the lad and think hell be key in getting us out this mess. 

Dennis - 6 - Came on and scored.
Patching - 5 - Was OK

Nolan - 5/10 - I am slowly losing confidence in Nolan but I am not NOLAN OUT. I believe in him and so does the owner, the only thing for me he should see our weaknesses and address them in training and through ways such as transfers. Mark my words we will not get promoted with that defense and goalkeeper FACT. But have a funny feeling the money pot has dried up. 

Made Newport look like Barcelona. Piss poor showing from Notts and needs changing.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,939
  • Days Won:  162

did you go @Piethagoram or @Elite_pie myself and @TheSkipper would like to view your ratings if you did.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

2 hours ago, liampie said:

did you go @Piethagoram or @Elite_pie myself and @TheSkipper would like to view your ratings if you did.

I hope so because even I want to compare.

The defence sounded awful on the radio.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

@Super_Danny_Allsopp I have a feeling nobody would argue about the defence. 😜 

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I'm sure they would have got more than a 0 elsewhere despite us all feeling like rating them like that out of spite.

Archived