Be careful what you wish for

Fan of Big Tone

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I said this before on here when people were calling for Moniz to be sacked and look what happened Fullarton.

So anyone who is hoping that Nolan will be sacked just be careful what you wish for, Steve Chettle anyone?

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

He shouldn't be sacked will be worser off for sacking someone this early he needs until Christmas at least so the new manager has a window to bring players in if needed 

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,939
  • Days Won:  162

the nightmare is the squad should have been strengthen in all departments over the summer.

a lot of fans and pon members called for the defence to strengthened and we just left it, the priority should be to build from the back. i dont think sacking nolan would solve much and it could lead notts to relegation for sure, especially if chettle comes in who has less experience than nolan.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

The worrying thing for me is if Kevin Nolan does get the sack who would come in.

Looking at the squad it's better than what we are seeing, the fact we are losing for me is a sign of the compensation the club has made in order to acquire the bigger signings. We need a proper coaching team, I honestly believe we miss Mike Edwards.

People are now commenting on the fitness levels, a new manager won't be able to resolve this without time.

Sacking Nolan would extend the time needed to resolve the issue properly, we know KN can make the right decisions and the importance now is to get the squad back on track. I honestly don't believe the meltdown is helping, it just creates this horrible place where fans feel down. The players are professional, they need to dig deeper and take their share of responsibility. 

Letting Nolan go would be a massive mistake for me, he's done enough to warrant my support (not that it would mean anything).

Sacking Nolan is not the answer. 

Yes we can all say he shouldn't be selecting certain individuals but he's limited at the minute due to injuries. However he must adapt to a certain style of play and introduce others to the pitch. Oxlade on the bench today he should of got a run out bird got his chance hopefully he now takes it. 

If Nolan goes I'm sorry but no other manager will turn us around. 

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

This is all sounding very Déjà vu  with people wanting Nolan out and I agree with @Fan of Big Tone we need to be careful what we wish for .. @Fan of Big Tone Facts and history are the things we need so we don’t foot again ... bloody fantastic points mate that’s what makes things like this makes people look at it in a different  prospective. (Excuse the word bloody apologies) 

@Magic magpie we've seen it with teams in the past they sack a manager early and never recover. It's the same here if he goes the team goes to pot. 

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  36

He has to find 3 leaders from the loan market this week, one in goal, on in the centre of defence and one in the middle of the park. I hate to think what state we will be in come January if he doesn’t.

He has till Friday to rescue this season.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

The next appointment could place the club in further chaos, imagine if these supposed supporters who have quite clearly given players stick over the years and now this season Kevin Nolan had their way.

If Hardy appoints someone who can't do the job.

The meltdown will be a revolt and it will get uglier.

• Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

If Steve Chettle becomes the next manager god help Notts.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,470
  • Days Won:  5

On 25/08/2018 at 17:31, Fan of Big Tone said:

Nolan will be sacked just be careful what you wish for, Steve Chettle anyone?

No, I would have a meltdown myself if Alan Hardy appointed him.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

The question now is whos next, Nolan was one of the longest manager we've had in a few years. The defence needed to be better including the goalkeeper, but i hope now some other players with potential get played instead of near enough the same squad each game and another loss. I do think Nolan could have improved given time, but we arn't going to know that now are we. Whoever the new manager is, i hope he makes good changes that improve the team and results.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

19 hours ago, Fozzy said:

He has to find 3 leaders from the loan market this week, one in goal, on in the centre of defence and one in the middle of the park. I hate to think what state we will be in come January if he doesn’t.

He has till Friday to rescue this season.

He has longer than Friday to rescue the season, unless you mean promotion.

If this is the ambition of the club they need to appoint the new manager no later than Wednesday. I am concerned that the manager who might be coming in is just another ex Premier League star that will be used for his contacts rather than his ability to manage.

• Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  36

4 hours ago, AmericanPie said:

He has longer than Friday to rescue the season, unless you mean promotion.

If this is the ambition of the club they need to appoint the new manager no later than Wednesday. I am concerned that the manager who might be coming in is just another ex Premier League star that will be used for his contacts rather than his ability to manage.

My comment was about Nolan, but still stands for whoever comes in and yes, I was talking about promotion as Hardy himself has stated that it is the aim for this season.

On 25/08/2018 at 22:19, Bainbridge NCFC said:

@Magic magpie we've seen it with teams in the past they sack a manager early and never recover. It's the same here if he goes the team goes to pot. 

I couldn’t agree more mate ... again I think we have made a massive mistake 

Just now, Bainbridge NCFC said:

@Magic magpie we need experience manager in all truth with our current predicament 

Just some who embobies what County are and has respect for badge and the history .. it is a predicament we find our self in mate

Archived