Bowyer not interested

Fan of Big Tone

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Apologies if this has been posted before but for those who don’t follow Hardy on twitter he says he’s had a chat with Bowyer and they exchanged messages, Bowyer is happy to be out of football at the moment.

So we can forget about him. Next!

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  922
  • Days Won:  9

Interesting. Harry Kewell still favourite on SkyBet which is odd to say we refused to pay 400,000 for him. Chettle still in line. Dream appointment for me which Peterborough United's owner also pointed out on twitter is Darren Ferguson.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,140
  • Days Won:  2

Harry Kewell is not the man, neither was Gary Bowyer for me.

Alan Hardy should have done his homework before sacking Kevin Nolan, this could have been a lot easier. Chasing someone else's manager for £400k sounds good, until you find out it's the Crawley Town boss and that he's achieved absolutely nothing.

I would rather the £400k be spent strengthening in January, even if we only have half of it willing to be paid.

• Content Count:  128
  • Days Won:  0

I would read this more as he's not interested in the Notts job rather than he's happy to be out of football.

• Content Count:  12,939
  • Days Won:  162

he was the only one heavily linked that i felt would have been okay, i was not thrilled by him but he was better than the majority linked.

back to the drawing board ah.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I didn't want him to become the next Notts manager TBH.

He's worked with budgets and been available to build, he couldn't do this with the loan system and I just think he's the type of person people overlook the more important aspects. He's not very well liked and again, I feel the players would have to respect him and feel comfortable - especially if the club is to move forward.

Gary Bowyer would find himself quickly by himself if he did take charge and fans wanting him would soon realise why I don't rate him. 

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

I'm about as interested in the replacement of Kevin Nolan at this stage as Richard Duffy has shown in playing all season.

• Content Count:  138

I think Gary Bowyer could have done okay for Notts.

Since he has removed himself from the question, this is now a no go and it would show how things have changed. The club can sign main targets for cash but they are unable to talk a unemployed manager into considering becoming the next boss.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Convincing Gary Bowyer to discuss terms must be easier than arranging compensation for Harry Kewell?

I guess if he's not interested, the club has to move on.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,524

1 hour ago, Magic magpie said:

Well we have signed Kewell so there go no pony persueing him if he don’t want to know

Poor decision if you asked me.

One rookie manager for another, Kevin Nolan's record and experience stands out head and shoulders above that of Harry Kewell.

• Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

7 hours ago, upthepies said:

Poor decision if you asked me.

One rookie manager for another, Kevin Nolan's record and experience stands out head and shoulders above that of Harry Kewell.

Im in total agreement mate Kevin needed more time .. as for the exspirence factor well that’s a exspensive one 

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,808
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

12 hours ago, Magic magpie said:

Im in total agreement mate Kevin needed more time .. as for the exspirence factor well that’s a exspensive one 

Since 01 January....

Played 28 league games

Won 8 Drew 8 Lost 12

32 points from a possible 84 available.

• Content Count:  79

I would have given Kn more time but the only thing that really surprised me about the situation was how easily our owner & many fans were taken in by this mythical queue of talented managers who are desperate to take over at Notts ! The Bowyer situation highlights that approaching managers & getting them to come are two separate things & with every manager that we prematurely sack the problem gets bigger. It seems that whoever is in charge "bigs it up" about the quality of manager that we are going for but we then end up with a rookie or serial failure, I honestly hope that Kewell succeeds but cannot help but feel that yet again we have gone on a "wing & a prayer" probably through little choice, I don't suppose that AH can really come out with "we have approached 6 experienced managers but the all turned us down so we have offered the job to Mr Kewell"

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

How much of the decision was due to alcohol issues? We’ll probably never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Content Count:  3,524

9 hours ago, ivansneck said:

How much of the decision was due to alcohol issues? We’ll probably never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevin Nolan? I don't believe any of those rumours.

He might enjoy the odd beer but he seemed fine. Someone else mentioned on here that he had lost a beloved one recently, think he would find it hard with how things are going.

• Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

There are always rumours put about by people who have an agenda, sad but true.

• Content Count:  12,939
  • Days Won:  162

i dont buy into the rumours, people always speculate without knowing how the person is.

people said the same about roy carroll.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I never wanted Gary Bowyer in the first place, I think some have held onto his name because he's one of the better names than Harry Kewell. I worry about where he will take Notts and how short his reign as the manager will be.

I think he will be gone too before the season ends.

18 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

Since 01 January....

Played 28 league games

Won 8 Drew 8 Lost 12

32 points from a possible 84 available.

With respect mate I’m not including last season 

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,808
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

@Magic magpie you see, it all started going wrong from January, especially the recruitment. Kevin has left us a squad that is staring the National League in its face. @upthepies @ancientpie  still think it is a poor decision?

• Content Count:  79

5 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

@Magic magpie you see, it all started going wrong from January, especially the recruitment. Kevin has left us a squad that is staring the National League in its face. @upthepies @ancientpie  still think it is a poor decision?

Please don't be a drama queen we are 6 games into the season & have plenty of time to turn it around! do I still think it's a strange decision ? No, possibly the wrong decision (only time will tell) & definitely a strangely timed decision unless there is truth in some of the rumours. If AH has taken last season into consideration & was only prepared to wait 5 more games before wielding the axe then surely he would have got rid in the summer when the new manager had time to build a team & spend time with them? As it is he seems pretty much to have changed like for like (experience & success wise) & is allegedly bringing in an experienced DOF to help Kewell, did he not consider the easier & definitely much cheaper option of bringing in the DOF to give Nolan the same help that any novice manager is liable to need? Kewell has my full support (as had Nolan) & I hope he is a immediate success but if not the same few "fans" who were calling for Nolans head will be the 1st to be calling for his, time will tell. COYP. 

Gents we all have our own opinions on this one but the one thing we share is the club .. no matter what we will back the team and what choices are made cause we are magpies ..!

• Chris unfeatured this topic

Archived