Alan Hardy is worth £55 million

Fan of Big Tone

Supporter+

Not sure this has been posted before, I couldn't see it, apparently Alan Hardy is the 29th most wealthy football club owner according to the Daily Mirror.

Full story here: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/richest-football-league-clubs-based-13285535

• Chris featured this topic

I don’t really care, it’s not for me to have an opinion on Alan Hardy’s finances. Provided the bills are getting paid and the staff are adequate - the club cares and listens to fans than things are fine.

If his money becomes an issue, maybe he will continue to look other revenue streams?

He clearly has alot of money as he is repeatedly beeing reported on for having an interest in buying clubs that are in finacial difficulty.

As long as he pays all Notts bills and has an interest in the club, it doesnt matter where he is in the list.

£55 million for a League Two club should okay, however it may surprise fans just how much money it takes to run the club even at this level.

It's irrelevant how much money Alan Hardy has and provided he still puts in, I am more than happy.

My own concern is the comments he made about if he had his time again he wouldn't buy the club, as this would become more of a worry if the club wasn't money forward and no good signings was made. Hardy clearly has backed Kewell and I am satisfied. 

2 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

The only "key" factor is freely available cash

He may be the 29th richest owner, but the club has to be profitable and I wonder if the clubs going to put any more resources into the commercial side. It does help that the clubs struggling but he needs to retain the staff that make the difference.

3 hours ago, CliftonMagpie said:

He may be the 29th richest owner, but the club has to be profitable and I wonder if the clubs going to put any more resources into the commercial side. It does help that the clubs struggling but he needs to retain the staff that make the difference.

..."but the club has to be profitable"???

Notts were losing effectively £1.5m on last reported accounts... I fear the extra costs of decisions this season....  as in any business cash is king ( not the Russell kind though!!!:frantics:)

It's his wealth to spend, he could be the richest or the poorest but the thing about money is the use it's put too.

I'm happy with his investment, not so much his decisions or use of Twitter but overall I am thankful and pleased. Think it would be awful to see what elsewhere would have to say about this.

9 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

Notts were losing effectively £1.5m on last reported accounts... I fear the extra costs of decisions this season....  as in any business cash is king ( not the Russell kind though!!!:frantics:)

I wonder how he aims to get it back.

Through the sale of the club itself seems unlikely unless we can get to the Championship, I would hope the club doesn't burn any holes in his pockets.

3 hours ago, AmericanPie said:

I wonder how he aims to get it back.

Through the sale of the club itself seems unlikely unless we can get to the Championship, I would hope the club doesn't burn any holes in his pockets.

The financial model seems to be that providing Hardy's other businesses are profitable and cash generative, instead of paying corporation tax on those profits, you offset the tax payable by having a football club making losses. 

Supporter+
1 minute ago, hissingdwarf said:

Rumours abound on twitter today regards a bid coming in from Malloy from USA. Yankee owner etc...bucket loads of money. Seems his father was in for the club previously, now the son wants to do something? Probably just twitter talk!

Interesting, not sure I’d welcome that or not. 

23 hours ago, hissingdwarf said:

Rumours abound on twitter today regards a bid coming in from Malloy from USA. Yankee owner etc...bucket loads of money. Seems his father was in for the club previously, now the son wants to do something? Probably just twitter talk!

Isn't this the exact same person linked when the previous owners almost relegated Notts? I don't believe it.

Archived