What was Your first Notts away game

• Chris featured this topic

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I might have the date muddled up but @2piesonmyshirt kindly took me and @super_pie to Hartlepool.

2nd of February 2013 I believe was the date.

I made pretty much all of the games after and up to 2016, I miss going and I hope to return to the road for away trips at some point. There's nothing like a good away day and I have been lucky to have enjoyed many with good like minded fans.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

I've been to home games, but never an away one.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

chesterfield back when we was in league one, i have not been to one since but i do want to go to more games. i think it was 2015.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,728
  • Days Won:  27

I don't remember, I would have been 7-10 years old at the time.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

This will sound confusing.The first time I saw Notts away was also my very first away game as a Rams fan.I've mentioned this before.I was taken to Meadow Lane by my dad's youngest brother,my  Uncle Stan.It was on 5/10/1957,a League 2 (2nd tier) game which Notts won 1- 0 in front of 23,966 fans.I was 10 years old and the only thing that I remember from the actual game was Notts' Peter Russell being sent off.The first time I saw Notts playing away from home was actually a home game for me.It was a 4th round FA Cup match at The Baseball Ground on 5/2/1972.The attendance was 39,450 and (Whisper very quietly) Rams won 6 - 0.Kevin Hector scored his 100th Ramss goal ,Alan Durban got a hatrick,Alan Hinton scored a penalty and John Robson scored the other goal. In spite of the score line I thought Notts acquitted themselves quite well,  especially as they ended the season 4th in League 3 (3rd tier) while my Rams went on to become English champions for their first time.Notts were promoted the folloeing season.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

Just now, Magic magpie said:

Some good memories and Games here 👍🏻👍🏻😊😊

I had to google dates,attendances and goal scorers .I remember Meadow Lane was like The Baseball Ground- old but full of character.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

1 minute ago, super_ram said:

I had to google dates,attendances and goal scorers .I remember Meadow Lane was like The Baseball Ground- old but full of character.

Hopefully these good days will return with the character 

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I forget the year but it was Wrexham, I know Notts won but even the scoreline escapes me. I should look it up and if I had time I would.

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  2,293
  • Days Won:  58
  • 𝕏:  twitter ARLukomski

Sheffield United 2011/12 season. 27th December. Alan Judge put us ahead but Ched Evans and an Alan Sheehan own goal gave The Blades the win. Still got my mag from that day too.

Archived