will you get behind the next manager?

liampie

regardless of who is actually appointed, will you get behind the next manager?

the past games means nothing when building from a new start, judging the players by previous mistakes means that we will only burden and judge them at a time all should be given a clean slate. if we want to survive and sort this hell of a season out, i dont think moaning or abusing the players will help.

I always do, Neil Ardley isn't a bad decision if he gets it and with the BBC saying that it's likely to happen I believe more than some account that speaks rumours like there's no tomorrow. The players won't be given a fresh start, only those that get with the programme will IMO.

I’m pretty happy with Ardley I think it’s the most sensible appointment out of the candidates available. He’s more experienced than people think having spent about 5 years at Cardiff City’s academy before the long spell at Wimbledon. He ticks the box in terms of promotion, he knows what league 2 football is about, he’ll want to bring through academy players and he was able to attract some good players to Wimbledon despite their measly budget. He's got my support.

My only worry with Ardley is that it took him three years to achieve promotion with Wimbledon. There’s nothing wrong with that it’s just Notts fans aren’t the most patient bunch in the world. I want to get of League 2 as much as everyone else but I hope this appointment signals a change in mentality; as long we are seeing a gradual improvement, he should be left to get on with it. I'm sure the fans will get behind him and I hope he can be a success here.

3 hours ago, liampie said:

regardless of who is actually appointed, will you get behind the next manager?

the past games means nothing when building from a new start, judging the players by previous mistakes means that we will only burden and judge them at a time all should be given a clean slate. if we want to survive and sort this hell of a season out, i dont think moaning or abusing the players will help.

A very good post @liampieYou make some very good points there..I do hope you pie fans really get behind Ardley and also the players and don't start moaning at the first misplaced pass  or mistimed tackle. I agree with you when you say you don't think moaning and abusing players will help.They need encouragement, and not just for the first five minutes.

I'll back Neil Ardley all the way.

It's time to stop feeling sorry for ourselves, quit finding things to blame and just work on the safety of the club. I feel as fans positivity goes a long way, it might not for some but if you look at any successful club - they have fans who will back them regardless. It's fine to have a rant, a moan or whatever but come back on board as quickly as possible. I can't help but feel some breed hate and nastiness.

I won't be one of them.

Of course. This is the time to draw a line under our start to the season, pull together and kick on. For us fans that also means making Meadow Lane feel like a fortress again.

@cheeky~k8 To be honest I never had faith in Kewell either, he never came across as a real leader and it all reminded me a bit of Paul Ince's brief stint. I have a better feeling about Neal Ardley. However, he is not known for attacking football and I hope people don't get on his back because of that.

4 hours ago, menzinho said:

I’m pretty happy with Ardley I think it’s the most sensible appointment out of the candidates available. He’s more experienced than people think having spent about 5 years at Cardiff City’s academy before the long spell at Wimbledon. He ticks the box in terms of promotion, he knows what league 2 football is about, he’ll want to bring through academy players and he was able to attract some good players to Wimbledon despite their measly budget. He's got my support.

My only worry with Ardley is that it took him three years to achieve promotion with Wimbledon. There’s nothing wrong with that it’s just Notts fans aren’t the most patient bunch in the world. I want to get of League 2 as much as everyone else but I hope this appointment signals a change in mentality; as long we are seeing a gradual improvement, he should be left to get on with it. I'm sure the fans will get behind him and I hope he can be a success here.

I totally agree. However, at Wimbledon Ardley will have had a very modest budget and his original brief was originally just to keep them in the League. Maybe he feels he can take us further given the chance.

22 minutes ago, DangerousSausage said:

Of course. This is the time to draw a line under our start to the season, pull together and kick on. For us fans that also means making Meadow Lane feel like a fortress again.

@cheeky~k8 To be honest I never had faith in Kewell either, he never came across as a real leader and it all reminded me a bit of Paul Ince's brief stint. I have a better feeling about Neal Ardley. However, he is not known for attacking football and I hope people don't get on his back because of that.

I totally agree. However, at Wimbledon Ardley will have had a very modest budget and his original brief was originally just to keep them in the League. Maybe he feels he can take us further given the chance.

It was abit like that, he never seemed to really know what he was doing and how to get the best out of the players which is a major part in success. I do know he didn't have the experience and was learning but our club was already low in the league so bringing him in was a big mistake.

When all is said & done we have another fresh start. Anyone who doesn’t get behind the management and everyone involved needs to take a serious look at themselves. 

Our club is in a serious situation and it will take someone with the right personality to get us back on track, whether Neil can achieve that goal no one knows, all we can do is get behind the team, regardless of what system or formation we play, it’s points we need now and however we get them should not matter, just get them.

so, forget any prejudice you may have about whether he’s the right man or not your preferred choice, that is all irrelevant now, Neil Ardley is now Notts County manager let’s embrace the appointment and give him every support.

Ready to get a fresh start and hoping it pays off down the line, I have no issue giving my backing and I feel fans are entitled to voice concern but some are beyond stupid with half of what they say. There are some dangerous people with chosen words, thankfully most are not this way.

On 23/11/2018 at 17:10, Who r ya?? You Pies!! said:

Good appointment, I’ll back him for sure , good post by @liampie , the players hopefully cleared the air in a meeting and apply themselves, they need to apply themselves now with real effort and get the fans back on side , I’ll support them also if I see real fight in them . 

i think most of the pon members would back ardley, he seems the best of a poor bunch and a better option than i thought. i think he will install some fight, he will want to pick up from his time at wimbledon.

On 23/11/2018 at 18:45, super_ram said:

A very good post @liampieYou make some very good points there..I do hope you pie fans really get behind Ardley and also the players and don't start moaning at the first misplaced pass  or mistimed tackle. I agree with you when you say you don't think moaning and abusing players will help.They need encouragement, and not just for the first five minutes.

i hope so too but i fear that the mindless will lead the down fall of the club.

some people cant call themselves fans in my opinion and supporters dont sum them up, i just hope common sense wins people over.

I am happy to get behind any Notts manager, that's what supporters do. It's just that some have a funny way of showing it or act like utter dicks on social media in order to impress their friends. I like PON due to the straight talking and nonsense, if someone disagrees its just a different opinion.

On social media everyone has to be right and I hate it.

The manager needs support just as much as the club does.

On 24/11/2018 at 08:56, ivansneck said:

Depends on two things really. Firstly, the style of football he introduces and secondly how he treats the fans in things like interviews, i.e. no referee rants like Nolan, or patronising garbage like Fullarsh*t.

I am sure Neal Ardley will respect the fans.

He had a good relationship with Wimbledon and he seems a nice guy too.

The style of play isn't a big thing, its the results that matter and over time other improvements can be made. We need to get behind him regardless, he has a fresh start and if we want to remain in league two I feel we should back him 100% before anything.

Archived