Money for nothing....Notts's dire straits???

Piethagoram

13 minutes ago, Piethagoram said:

I'm interested to know how this compares with other clubs over the last 10 years

• Chris featured this topic

*Featured @Piethagoram* 👏👏

Erm, it's here I acknowledge that Piethagoram has been exactly right. This season the budget has been blown but at the same time Notts don't look match sharp at all. I think the fitness is seriously lacking but these issues could all come back to the fact the clubs thrown money to the wind. The fact we build too quickly and had no solid game plan - its a concern. The club can't keep throwing money down the drain and at the same time we have to be mindful.

This is a bad advert for anyone hoping or praying that Alan Hardy will just sell up.

We have to be stronger beyond all the issues, Notts County needs to survive League Two's relegation or the clubs days could be numbered.

You have to put money into something to get money out but at the same time you have to do it logically.

I think over the years the club has spent more than its gained due to higher prices of players and other fees involved, along with alot of behind the scenes costs, just like with someones house and bills but much bigger.

Other football clubs won't be much different, just doing better in the leagues.

I think this is Hardy's **** or BUST year and unfortunately it's bust. I don't think he will be around too long. It just hasn't worked out for him and his ego has been disgusting since the start up until now really. I don't like the bloke but I would never wish what he's had to go through on anyone. Props to him and I am forever thankful for what he has done to the club but even fans from other clubs can see what he's got us into. 

its going to be difficult to claw notts back into the balanced zone, the staff seems to have been reduced and the players budget will be next. if notts are 3million in debt then some of the players might be targeted so this could be a bigger issue.

If the signings this season had of worked it could have been a different story for 2018-19 season.

I think the club needs to understand that gambling in such a way doesn't always work, spending big is great but only when you can actually afford it. It seems in my opinion Alan Hardy is spending beyond his and the clubs means to gain further success. it's backfired.

We say it all the time that we should only have a playing squad of around 20 pros, but every year it just balloons and money gets wasted on players just not good enough. It's as if all player agents know that we are a soft touch and will pay over the odds for poor players. Until this stops, we are always going to lose money and struggle.

Alan Hardy can't be blamed for these figures, they presumably only go up to April 2017 (the end of the financial year), when Hardy had only just arrived.

We already know that the club was extremely wasteful for a very long time during the Trew era. With the money that has been invested we really should have been at least a division higher than where we started, but instead we ultimately had nothing to show for it.

The most surprising thing for me is that we turned a profit in 2014-15!

• liampie unfeatured this topic

Archived