Ben Turner becomes our first summer signing

Magic magpie

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

So Notts County have singed  experienced defender Ben Turner. Turner worked along side Neal Ardley at Cardiff and is a real power house and has the psyical presence required.CA199238-9A53-4C43-8CA4-20F915A39310.png 2A55F2A5-CEAC-4A72-8CC0-C79885CFE042.png

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

An experienced, commanding defender with a good pedigree - he was playing regularly in League One last season and the Championship the season before. This sounds like a good signing and completely out of the blue. Hopefully the man to get us organised at the back and someone for Bird to learn from.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,937
  • Days Won:  162

very pleased with the signing, he looks to be a good signing. he looks like he can handle himself too.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

Good signing, I am surprised Notts have managed to lure him to the National League.

Having a solid defender is one of the things we have lacked, now we just have to find another calm head and fill some of the other positions.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

Good signing, i hope we can make the most out of the signing.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  474
  • Days Won:  6
  • 𝕏:  twitter OldNottsfan

We needed players like this last season but all we had was Duffy ....... nuf said.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Fantastic signing, he should be the captain in my opinion.

He's more suited to the role than Michael Doyle for me, but I doubt Neal Ardley will change this.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  133
  • Days Won:  0

Over on our YouTube channel we have our thoughts on new signings. We cover all things notts, have a look and let me know what you’d like to see and what you think on the channel. Check it out here 

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  908
  • Days Won:  3

The arrival of all the signings are excellent, it looks like good recruitment but it all pins on getting the right atmosphere within the dressing room. There are players who need to be positive influences on the pitch and in the dressing room, I am hoping that Ben Turner can be one of these.

I am delighted with the signing

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

As first signings go, this one really took me by surprise and I am over the moon to see a player like Ben Turner arrive.

I enjoyed listening to his first interview, the fact he considers himself to be quite old school should benefit from us as we need a defensive rock who is aware to threats at all time. If he can help instruct the players around him, I think he will show the club just how much we don't miss Richard Duffy.

Brute force and height has been lacking for some time, welcome to Notts County Ben.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

Old school takes no prisoners defender he has a voice and we need that in the defence. I think he will organise and help the defence leaving the keeper to concentrate on the set piece. 

Archived