Match Discussion: Game 4 - Sulphurites (A)

PON_News

Game 4 - Sulphurites (A)

Team: Harrogate Town

Date: 13/08/19

Where: Wetherby Road

What line-up should Neal Ardley opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

Supporter+

Harrogate made the playoffs last year. They have 4 points out of 9. Lost 1-0 at Woking on Saturday. Jon Stead made an impact off the bench and was unlucky not to score. They are strong at home. I'll go for a 3-1 home win. Notts are all over the place at the moment. Harrogate are well organized. Stead to score against us. 

• Like 1

Supporter+

A badly needed win. The big bonus was a clean sheet away from home. 

This is going to sound bad, however, I have been busy and I forgot all about Notts playing.

I saw Notts had scored a penalty, I was pleased and a little nervous from that point. I think this win is quite a big result for Notts, hopefully the team take shape from here. Just very pleased to see Sam Osborne gaining praise for his performance and of course the 3 points.

Really delighted with this result. There are plenty of positives - Sam Osborne starting for the first time, what sounded like a good display by Booty, Enzio scoring with his head (and another lively display from him). And how important are those two penalties going to be for our season? We were under a bit too much pressure for my taste in the second half but we're still taking baby steps.

It's also encouraging that Neal Ardley has switched back to 442. Other formations definitely have their advantages over it, but they have to be worked on during pre-season and we haven't really had the chance to do that. Players generally know what do do in a 442 so that's probably best in our situation.

Big kudos for the away following, 700 is what I heard, not shabby at all. If any of you are lurking, how did you find it?