Matty Wolfe signs on loan

Piethagoram

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,141
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I'm quite happy with this, I know some will describe him as a kid and, that Barnsley aren't exactly known for their youth players. Yet he looks to be hungry for first time opportunities, some fans I know via Football Manics speak highly of him.

He appears to have pace and, the ability to drive the ball forward.

A completely different style compared to Doyle and, Reeves. Most likely ready and happy to take any chances that is thrown his way.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

Sloth out, Wolfe In... 🤣

Younger legs, keen to play and probably happy to wait for those chances. Seems okay to me.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Unknown youngster, it's not necessarily a bad thing. Given game time and having Michael Doyle by his side or even Jake Reeves he should be fine.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

Sounds promising to me. Barnsley are well known for developing and bringing through young players (including two of the current England squad), and this lad has been knocking on the door of the first team so he's clearly got ability.

Actually, the Barnsley fans on Facebook seem to have gone into meltdown over this, although there are other factors involved in that...

Reading the reports he doesn't seem to be fully fit yet, so expect a couple of cameos off the bench to start with.

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,801
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

The positive thing I take from this, is that we have signed someone who just isn't out of contract somewhere. I wonder how many out of contract players there are be touted by agents looking for excessive wages in this Covid-19 climate and wondering why they haven't found clubs

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,924
  • Days Won:  162

well lets face it hes been brought into the squad as cover but i am sure that neal ardley would not sign a player on loan unless they wanted to fight to play. theres more chance he will get time here than at barnsley so its good for both parties.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,910
  • Days Won:  5

I hoped he would be started ahead of Michael Doyle so he could be rested but I do need to see him before passing a comment.

Looks a good enough signing though.

Archived