should we extend patterson and brennans loan if possible?

liampie

should we extend patterson and brennans loan if possible?

brennans loan expires on 27th November.

patterson loan expires on 26th October.

i think its clear we thought patterson was a short term option but i think slocombe having someone to push him for his place would help, i dont think it makes sense to rely on just slocombe. its obvious the club dont want to recall brooks, so i wonder would sunderland allow patterson to remain if he was to sit behind another experienced keeper without much game time?

brennan for me is less important, although a useful player to have. if rawlinson and lacey remains fit, where would brennan fit in? i dont see him getting much game time if we arent expiring injuries at the back.

I can’t see Patterson staying. With the five-sub rule he’s not to even going to get on the bench so the chance of any game time is very low. I agree with you about the competition for Slocombe though, it would be useful. Just got to hope Brooks is keeping him on his toes in training!

You could make more of a case for Brennan, for me that will depend on how serious Lacey’s issue is.

The one bonus is the NL has no transfer window so if we did have a similar situation we would be able to bring players in.

No, send them both back when their loans expire as neither are better than players we already have. I would have Slocombe every day of the week over Patterson and the same goes for any of our 3 centre backs over Brennan. I would rather we brought in a high energy midfielder or striker personally.

I would like us to keep both if possible, Sunderland might not want him to play second fiddle but there is a chance Notts could rotate him in at times in order to avoid injury or inconsistency with Slocombe.

Brennan is fine as a rotational player, with Rawlinson returning and Lacey too. I think it's important to have cover just in case.

If Sunderland would allow Patterson to stay, even though there's limited game time on offer - I would keep him.

As for Brennan I can't say, I haven't seen him enough and there's chance that someone better for us (not overall) could come up. I would leave this one open, see what occurs as things open up a little.

I'm not bothered about either play, I think each one is replaceable if needed.

If we had to keep one rather than the other, I would choose Brennan because he looks a decent prospect who can cover as a backup/rotational player.

Archived