Match Discussion: Game 46 - The Minstermen (H)

PON_News

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  18,271
  • Days Won:  80

Game 46 - The Minstermen (H)

Team: York City

Date: 29/04/2023

Where: Meadow Lane

What line-up should Luke Williams opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

• Like 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,728
  • Days Won:  27

It's great to end the season at Meadow Lane. While there's a sense of sadness that this special season is almost over, there's also excitement for the playoffs. There are many things to take away from this season, but securing all 3 points against York City in the last game would be the icing on the cake.👍

• Like 6

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

it would be good to maintain the current winning streak, it would be a good thing for the home playoff tie. i know form and the season games can go out of the window but determination and spirt can be a big part of that.

york should be a standard game for notts, allow our midfield to tire them out and just press with creativity.

hopefully both teams will have plenty of chances and score some good goals. i think notts will win 4-1.

• Like 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I don't want the club to believe that York City has nothing to play for. Beating a successful team should be enough motivation. Beating a team that's taken 2nd place, with points, goals, and our stadium size as added motivation, is something any team would aim for to end their season successfully.

Whilst on paper the game should be quite straight forward, last games of the season do tend to spring a surprise or a shock.

I want to see our defence play much more aware, working as a team to stop any danger and to protect the keeper (whoever that may be) from being required. It would be nice to think Matt Palmer and John Bostock can run the show in midfield, allowing the creative wide players to truly bring the game to York. I think Jodi Jones would prove to be a handful against them, likewise with Arron Nemane's habit of getting in behind the players.

If Adam Chicksen starts, how can we make room for Jodi Jones? I would be tempted to give Chicks another rest, at least from the beginning of the game.

He'll be vital for the home playoff tie, which would leave him plenty of time to train, rest and get back to his best.

I suspect Macaulay Langstaff will return up front, despite me wishing Cedwyn Scott got a few more starts than he has done. I do fully expect York City to be one of the better teams we have faced at home, simply because of how their season has panned out and how they will want to send their fans home happy.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,347
  • Days Won:  1

Saturday’s match at Meadow Lane between Notts County and York City is sure to be a thrilling one. It’s been a fantastic season for Notts and it’s great to see them playing at their best. I hope they can keep up their momentum in this game and secure a win to top off their successful run. I have no doubt that the team will give it their all and put on a strong performance. The support of the fans will be key in helping Notts achieve their goals and I can’t wait to see everyone come together to cheer them on.

• Like 4

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

@Chris i think adam chicksen will play in the upcoming match. it would be disappointing to see sam austin dropped for jodi jones, but i believe he will still be on the bench. it’s always tough to make these decisions and i’m sure the team will do what they think is best for the game.

• Like 2

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  15

Notts County should play a strong game against York City. Matt Palmer is a key player who holds the ball and distributes it without fuss. If Macaulay Langstaff starts, he should have plenty of efforts on goal. Aden Baldwin, Kyle Cameron and whoever joins them at the back need to work tirelessly to remain alert. Keeping a clean sheet with few efforts on goal would be a big confidence boost going into the playoffs.

Arron Nemane, Adam Chicksen, Sam Austin and Ruben Rodrigues will be priorities with the creative aspects. And if needs be, Luke Williams can wrestle each match official to the ground and chase them off if their decision making turns out to be poor. That’s one way to keep the game fair! 

• Like 3

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

As the season draws to a close, it’s crucial for Notts County to remain vigilant and not become overconfident. The team has put in a lot of effort to reach this point and it would be unfortunate to falter now. Finishing the season on a high note can give them an extra boost as they head into the playoffs.

A resounding 5-0 victory for Notts County would be an amazing way to end the season. It would send a strong message to their rivals that they are a formidable opponent and ready to compete at the highest level. Such a dominant win could set the stage for a successful playoff run.

• Like 4

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,895
  • Days Won:  5

I’m keeping my fingers crossed for warm weather and favourable conditions at Meadow Lane. The atmosphere there becomes extra special when everything falls into place. On paper, Notts should have the upper hand against York and if they bring their A-game, it shouldn’t be a difficult match. If Notts applies pressure, York is bound to make mistakes. An early goal and a good rhythm could result in a high-scoring game for Notts. Ending the season on a high note is important and while an abundance of goals would be great, a win alone is a satisfactory result. I hope York City puts up a good fight, but it’s doubtful they’ll pose much of a threat to Notts’ goal.

• Like 1

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,465
  • Days Won:  5

I'm really looking forward to the upcoming match between Notts County and York City. Our team is strong and has a solid game plan, so I think we have a good chance of winning. The players have been working hard in training and are determined to give it their all on the pitch.

Our support as fans will also be crucial in boosting the team's morale. With our vocal encouragement and unwavering loyalty, the players will feel even more motivated to perform at their best. I'm hopeful that with a combination of skill, strategy, and support, Notts will come out on top against York.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I am eagerly anticipating the forthcoming match between Notts County and York City, and I cannot wait to read the post-match comments. As a devoted fan, winning against York is the main objective, and I hope that the team puts on an impressive performance that captivates the crowd. A strong display can generate a feel-good factor that will carry the team into the playoffs.

I have been impressed by the efforts of Luke Williams, and I am confident that he will lead the team to victory. With his leadership, along with the hard work and dedication of the entire squad, I am predicting a strong and positive scoreline in Notts County's favour. A 3-0 win.

• Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

We're in the playoffs and York are staying up (no way will there be a 16 goal swing in favour of Torquay), so that takes the edge off this a bit. Games like this can throw up unpredictable results, but I think there'll be a win for us to keep the good vibes going, and hopefully no injuries. 

• Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

A nothing game, but 11,000 was a fantastic crowd so it's a pity they didn't see a win. As much as it was annoying to drop two points at the death like that, maybe it'll help guard against complacency in the far more important game next week.