Any special plans this weekend?

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Morning all, it’s a lovely start to the weekend, how are we all? Has anyone got any special plans for the weekend?

This morning I’m off to Long Eaton to do a 5k Park Run, I try to get to do it every Saturday, it’s great for mental health, you get a bar code and get timed how fast you do it. You can run as fast as you want or just walk the course if you want, no one comes last as they have tail walkers, there will be around 400 there of all abilities, ages, shapes and sizes, there’s even a chap called Harold who is over 90 years old who walks the course with his sticks.

I usually do the course in around 32-34 minutes the fastest do it in around 15 mins and the slowest in around an hour.

When I get back our youngest grandson is paying us a visit, so he’ll keep us busy. Tomorrow we are having a bbq, summer has arrived.

Whats everyone else up to?

P.S. I love the new name of this section in honour of @GrannyPie a lasting tribute. 👏

• Like 6
  • Love 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,990
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Today, I am just relaxing. No plans, just taking things easy. I have arranged to have a walk with my brother and his youngest, Luna, tomorrow. We would regularly go for a 4-5 hour walk around Wollaton Park and the nearby area. This stopped when mum passed away, neither of us had the time or felt like it.

It won't be as long as that, as I need to build my legs back up as I tire out very easily these days.

I am looking forward to it, as I realise that for Luna she will be wondering where myself and Jake have been. On top of losing her grandma, that pain is something I don't wish to add to. I have seen her a few times since; she's a whirlwind and cute as can be.

The suggestion to rename The Meadow Lane Sports Bar, came as I had left it as "The Broken Wheelbarrow" and I switched it over. @liampie, @CliftonMagpie and @TheSkipper have been pestering me to name it in honour of @GrannyPie.

After checking with @super_ram that he wouldn't mind or upset him, I decided to listen to lads and do it.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Supporter+

Enjoy your walk @Chris I bet Luna will be excited to see her uncle and cousin.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I'm hoping I can convince my eldest daughter to come. Ellie has been on a few walks with us, but this might tempt her to join us with it being more local. 👍🏻

I hope you enjoy your 5K run. Remember to take caution if you feel any different from normal. I am sure you'll be used to it, but we want our Tony at the peak of physical fitness ahead of the new season.

32–34 minutes isn't that bad; I think I would be much longer!

Enjoy the time after with your grandson.

PS. I forgot my manners for a moment there.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I have an exciting weekend planned in Manchester. I'll be out and about exploring the city and all it has to offer. Manchester is a vibrant and bustling city with a rich history and culture. There are plenty of things to see and do, from visiting museums and galleries to shopping and dining out.

On Sunday, I'll be heading home to catch up with my parents. I've been away for a while and am I looking forward to spending some quality time with my family. Catching up with loved ones is always a great way to spend the weekend.

One of the highlights of my weekend will be enjoying a proper home-cooked meal. There's nothing quite like sitting down to a delicious meal that has been lovingly prepared by someone you care about.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,090
  • Days Won:  2

I don’t have any plans for today. I’ll spend a few hours cleaning my room and maybe play some games on my PS5. I don’t have any plans for tomorrow either. With college, I like to take it easy on weekends.

• Like 7

Supporter+

Wow it’s been a fantastic day weather wise. I did my park run although my time was a tad disappointing 35 mins 21 secs but not bad for an old bloke.

@Chris you sound like my wife she’s always telling me to take it easy and not overdo it. 😆 To be honest I’m just happy to complete the 5 kilometres I’m not too bothered about the time or my position it’s not a race. I enjoy it for the sense of achievement it gives me and it releases all those endorphins which are good for mental wellbeing, plus keeping me fit and healthy hopefully.

Grandson came round it was nice catching up with him, then my son and other grandson came to collect him and we spent a pleasant afternoon in the sunshine in the garden.

I’m settling down now to watch F*r*st play Arsenal on the telly. Hmm I wonder who I want to win. 😂

• Like 3

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,462
  • Days Won:  15

Today, I visited the park area near to the castle where Robin Hood and his merry men used to hang out. Maybe I’ll even find some hidden treasure or a secret passage.

I’m currently heading to the oldest pub in England for a pint and a pie. I hope they have some live music or a quiz night.

On Sunday, I will be in the city centre and again walking around the outside of Nottingham Castle since its closed. Looking in at what caves I might see from view. They say they are haunted by ghosts and legends. Maybe I’ll meet a friendly spirit or a mysterious stranger.

After that, I’ll go to the art gallery and admire some paintings and sculptures. I love seeing the creativity and talent of other people. Maybe I’ll get inspired to make something myself.

Then I’ll end the weekend with a relaxing walk by the river. Ahh, bliss!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,725
  • Days Won:  27

As for today, I don’t have any plans. I went for a walk earlier and stopped by the local shop on my way back. Since then, I’ve mostly been watching various sports on TV. I don’t have any plans for tomorrow either. Work takes up most of my time these days, so it’s nice to relax when I can.

• Like 5

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,895
  • Days Won:  5

Today, I haven’t done anything noteworthy. The weather has been nice, but I’ve spent the whole day indoors. I’ll probably go out tomorrow while the city centre is open and have a look around.

• Like 4

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  874
  • Days Won:  1

Recently, I’ve been spending some time doing gardening and other tasks around the house. It’s been a great way to stay active and productive. Of course, I’ve also had some downtime where I’ve enjoyed watching TV and browsing online.

Tomorrow, I’m excited to be driving to York to see some friends that I haven’t seen in years. It will be great to catch up and spend some time together.

Edited by thommo
  • Like 4

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

I made the short walk to our local convenience store this morning for a few bits to last till Tesco deliver on Monday .Very pleasant it was too. It only takes about 15minutes there and back unless I run into anyone I know and stop to chat. I keep having half an hour here and there tidying the garden while we've got this lovely weather. Everything I do now is at my own pace ,so now I'm watching telly and catching up on my laptop.

• Like 3

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  455
  • Days Won:  2

I had work, so nothing exciting there. Once I got home, I just wanted to relax. Tomorrow, I’ll be going out with my other half. To be fair, there’s not much excitement about that either. We’ll probably have a pub lunch, catch up with a few friends and then relax before the working week starts again.

• Like 5

Supporter+

Being retired I don’t have to worry about work now thankfully but voluntary work for a suicide bereavement support group does take up some our time. 

It looks like another lovely day today so we’ll bbq a spatchcock chicken and have it with some salad for our tea tonight.

• Like 4

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I am at my parents' now. Every two weeks I come back to catch up with my family. In an hour's time, I will be tucking into one of the best Sunday dinners you can have. Full trimmings! Plenty of vegetables and proper Yorkshire puddings. We've been talking in the conservatory, looking at the back garden. My dad's pride and joy is the landscaping and peacefulness. At the bottom of the garden, tucked behind a great oak tree, he has his very own man cave with a full bar inside. He wants me to have a drink with him later before heading back to Manchester, but I don't drink alcohol. 😂

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Supporter+
1 hour ago, TheSkipper said:

I am at my parents' now. Every two weeks I come back to catch up with my family. In an hour's time, I will be tucking into one of the best Sunday dinners you can have. Full trimmings! Plenty of vegetables and proper Yorkshire puddings. We've been talking in the conservatory, looking at the back garden. My dad's pride and joy is the landscaping and peacefulness. At the bottom of the garden, tucked behind a great oak tree, he has his very own man cave with a full bar inside. He wants me to have a drink with him later before heading back to Manchester, but I don't drink alcohol. 😂

Sounds idyllic. @TheSkipper

• Like 2

• Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

yesterday i did not do much at all, i just relaxed. today i went on a bike ride from beeston to clifton, popped by my mums briefly and came back home. its been really nice out. the breeze takes the edge of the heat. when cycling its the best.

i cant really say much else, i am boring the best of times. 😛 

• Love 2

Supporter+

Tried to upload an image of the spatchcock chicken I’ve just barbecued but it’s too big so you’ll have to imagine it.

😂

• Like 1

I had my walk, then spent some time chatting with @super_ram - as Luna was running around grabbing things to show and play with everyone. It was nice to spend a bit of time also out in the garden. My task at some point is to help tidy it, plus reseed the grass. :) 

11 minutes ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Tried to upload an image of the spatchcock chicken I’ve just barbecued but it’s too big so you’ll have to imagine it.

😂

Two options, use an image compression tool or IMGUR.

JPG (plus other format conversion tool): https://compressjpeg.com/
IMGUR: https://imgur.com/upload

If you're using your mobile, IMGUR: https://img.doerig.dev/
[This bypasses IMGUR's mobile lock, as they're trying to get people to use a terrible app. Just copy the image after uploading, paste in here. If you're uploading multiple images, it's best to copy the links over one by one.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392

I must be feeling my age, but I genuinely enjoyed perusing the diverse activities our members have engaged in outside of football. I may not have much to contribute at the moment, and I certainly don't want to sound repetitive, but I eagerly anticipate sharing my insights in the upcoming discussions. Although I have plenty to attend to at home, I have embraced the role of a supervisor, allowing others to handle the tasks at hand.

• Like 1