Dion Kelly Evans asks to be put on transfer list at Boreham Wood

Piethagoram

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It's quite funny, he turned up at Meadow Lane in the playoff game in his own car, didn't acknowledge his teammates after the match. He spent more time talking to Notts players and staff in the offices, I wouldn't take him back, and I hope that's not his hopes. I have nothing against DKE, I thought he did well for us, but there are better players out there. I know many fans have this whole appreciation for him, but if he doesn't play, he wants out. He doesn't fight for his place and that says a lot more to me.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

he left us because he was not getting the game time, hes doing the same with boreham wood. he spoke about wanting football league football but seems he cant fight his way into squads. i think chesterfield or someone like that might express interest.

• Like 5

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  381
  • Days Won:  0

I wonder where DKE will end up, I wouldn’t take him back at Notts. We have moved on, he worked hard but had zero end product. He couldn’t score or assist to save his life. He is not good enough for this level, let alone higher.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  274

Good luck but I think he might want to stay and fight, as there’s only one way to go. We have moved on, if he came back it would be the wrong decision I feel. He was a good servant for us but he is not what we need right now. We need players who can take us to the next level, not players who are past their best.

• Like 4

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,465
  • Days Won:  5

Dion Kelly-Evans, on the other hand, needs to learn to persevere. It wouldn't be surprising if he was hoping to make a return here, but I wouldn't want that. He's a nice lad, but he's not prepared to be a squad player. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but he will only end up wanting to leave when it suits him.

• Like 4

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,133
  • Days Won:  2

As much as we like DKE, he doesn’t bring us anything we need. I would have thought fighting for his place at Boreham Wood would be a priority. Unless he has already sorted out his next move and is just waiting for them to put in the offer?

• Like 3

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  493
  • Days Won:  1

Good luck to Dion Kelly-Evans. I hope he finds a club that will play him. It would be interesting to see what would happen if Gateshead or Bromley expressed interest.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  1,091
  • Days Won:  2

Even if Aaron Nemane were to leave, I doubt we would want to take DKE back. He is a good player who tries hard, but signing him would be a step backwards for our club.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  133

I wish Dion Kelly Evans all the best. I think he needs to take a step back and focus on working hard. He’ll find an opportunity to play somewhere, but he’ll be fortunate if a club is willing to pay a fee for him.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  61

DKE may want to move to a club where he has a better chance of playing. He wants to play in the Football League but doesn’t want to compete for his place in a playoff-chasing team.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

When Dion Kelly-Evans was at Notts, everyone seemed to love him despite me recalling comments about him not being the best. I wouldn’t take signs of him driving to Notts as him trying to seek a deal here; I see little reason for the club to pay a fee for someone they released. I wish Kelly-Evans all the best; I hope he manages to attract a bid from a club willing to give him more game time. I don’t blame a player who wants to play; I feel more annoyed with those happy to sit on the bench and do nothing.

• Like 2

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  15

I appreciate Dion Kelly Evans' abilities. While I may not be as enthusiastic as some fans who have started fan clubs for him, I do believe that his speed and hard work compensate for any shortcomings he may have. However, if he is unable to secure a position on Boreham Wood's team, it is unlikely that he will return here. In the upcoming season, he may need to demonstrate more determination. If he performs well and puts in the effort, he may ultimately find greater satisfaction in staying.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,728
  • Days Won:  27

I liked Dion Kelly-Evans, but I think he should focus on trying to establish himself in teams by working hard instead of handing in transfer requests. I can’t see a team buying him unless he’s released.

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

I hope he finds a team he can get game time in but he needs to find the right team for that and show his talent better to get in. We don't need him back though.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

Think DKE was great for Notts - 110% every game, blood and thunder. We all loved seeing him completely wipe out an opposing attacker, then in the resulting melee pick a fight with their biggest player, swiftly followed by a DKE yellow.  However, it doesn't take Jimmy Sirrel to be able to see that technically he was fairly limited going forward, and he is about 5 foot 2. 

The first point, can't attack, means he isn't going to be a wing-back. The second point, lack of height, means he isn't going to be a CB.  In a Luke William's Notts side, he doesn't have a position to fill. 

Wish him the best in his career, hopefully he can make it back to the FL again.