• Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

• Like 12

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

Luke Williams has nothing to worry about; I’m not that bothered. It would just be nice to understand what’s going on with Aaron Nemane. This is a very good, formal interview that gives fans a lot to think about.

• Like 9

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,298
  • Days Won:  69

Very good interview. I'm not an expert on body language but I thought LW's demeanour changed slightly when talking about Nemane He seemed, to me, to appear a little uncomfortable talking about him. I hope that is just me.

• Like 8

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,519
  • Days Won:  9

Williams is doing the right thing: focusing on what matters and seeing how things go. I am impressed with the recruitment, and if Aaron Nemane doesn’t extend his stay, I believe we have players who can come in and do just as well. I think most fans will want him to stay, but a decision needs to be made that benefits both parties. I hope it’s not an effort to get more money from the teams who have offered deals.

• Like 8

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,469
  • Days Won:  15

I think we have to move on and forget about Aaron Nemane until he has made his decision. I would be disappointed to see him move on, but we don’t know exactly what’s going on. There might be unknown reasons behind him not making up his mind, or he could be torn as to what decision to make.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  419
  • Days Won:  1

It’s a very good interview. I appreciate the subject being brought up because it shows honesty and openness by Notts. Something which we haven’t seen a lot of over the years, but it’s refreshing to see it openly discussed.

That said, I don’t worry about Aaron Nemane, and I find most other points to be of higher interest. I think the players being back in training, seeing Jim wearing his training gear before all, says to me that we have a strong squad and that the experience is leading by example.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Luke Williams appears to be the type of person who won't get drawn into distractions. He is open and honest, but he will have his personal thoughts that won't be expressed on camera or during an interview. There may be more known to him about Aaron Nemane, however, his approach is right to focus. He has recruited well on paper. If we need to bring someone else in, so be it, but as he says, we have depth. The squad's training and many of the signings sound brilliant.

• Like 5

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,062
  • Days Won:  54

Yes, great catch up interview and with regards to Nemane that makes me think that he's almost certain to sign now.

We had no update on the other later signings like Cameron and O'Brien, so for Luke to publicly say it's very close must mean behind the scenes the club are very confident of it happening. If it looked like he was off I think they would've just avoided the conversation altogether and just announced his departure like we did with Ruben.

• Like 6

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,461
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I think Luke Williams is aware of what’s happening, even if he doesn’t know all the details. It seems likely that he, the club, and Aaron Nemane have spoken. I’m partly wondering if at this stage something has happened that has caused him to take a step back from football. If this is the case, it would be understandable for Luke to be unworried about losing Nemane. Even if he knows Nemane is unlikely to sign a new deal, he’ll still be focused on the squad. It’s a very good interview; credit to the Notts County media team for doing this.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  101
  • Days Won:  0

It's important to remember that these decisions are never as straightforward as they seem. Let's be patient. It is a great interview by Luke Williams, the focus on training sounds spot on.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  133

It will be interesting to see how this situation plays out. It's clear that Nemane's future is uncertain, but one thing that’s sure is that Williams is being professional about it. He's focusing on what's important, which is ensuring that the team can continue to perform, regardless of a single player's decision. Absolutely commendable leadership.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  61

It’s worth appreciating the transparency in this situation. Being open with fan base is not always easy, but it's so important. Williams is doing an admirable job managing this delicate situation.

• Like 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It's a great interview that discusses a lot of the talking points, I think the focus now has to be on the training and preparations for the upcoming season. Aaron Nemane isn't a concern now, the longer it is - the more likely I think it's unrelated to football with regards to his decision to sign. He may have other things going on in his life, but Luke Williams is ploughing on.

• Like 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

On 29/06/2023 at 22:25, TheSkipper said:

I think Luke Williams is aware of what’s happening, even if he doesn’t know all the details. It seems likely that he, the club, and Aaron Nemane have spoken. I’m partly wondering if at this stage something has happened that has caused him to take a step back from football. If this is the case, it would be understandable for Luke to be unworried about losing Nemane. Even if he knows Nemane is unlikely to sign a new deal, he’ll still be focused on the squad. It’s a very good interview; credit to the Notts County media team for doing this.

this...

i think luke williams knew all along, i wonder if he just gave aaron nemane a little more time to himself or for whatever reason. also, curious if the club held back the news like they did with kyle cameron. i dont know, i am just pleased hes signed a new deal with us.

its a very good, detailed interview that focuses on some aspects we might not normally read or hear about.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  231
  • Days Won:  1

I think it’s probably true that Luke Williams knew what Aaron Nemane was going to do. There’s a rumour that he asked for an extended holiday, and that seems more believable than the club holding the information back for multiple weeks to push sales of season tickets. It could be delayed for a week to keep the focus, but nothing more than that. I am just glad it worked out well for us.

• Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  2

When I used to watch Wasps (before they folded) it was common for the club to have signed contracts way before the announcement, sometimes months.  This was partly due to the way rugby contracts are negotiated, but the release of signings was normally carefully choreographed to supply a steady stream of good news, and to mitigate bad news.  There was usually one late 'surprise' just before the start of the season.  I think that was a bit more opportunistic based on who couldn't get a contract for the next season (or were still playing in Australia and NZ).

The announcement of Ruben leaving and the following and preceding good news was very reminiscent of this, so I suspect that they knew Nemane was staying for a good while and they were timing the news to cover the close season / season ticket sales, 

Now we have the pre-season friendlies to get excited about, it would appear that bar possibly one more signing the transfer news is finished. 

• Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

I did expect the news to come, but sooner than it did.