Charlton sack their manager..and an ex Notts connection...

Piethagoram

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

As said Luke Williams will be linked with lots of jobs but we can only hope and pray he stays for “the project”. 🙏 

• Like 10

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  54

Charlton is a proper nut-house at the moment, I thought they solved their ownership issues from a few years ago when they were finally sold by Duchâtelet (anyone remember their fans lobbing stress balls onto the pitch in protest). But it seems to have somehow got worse, this season’s owners are the fourth in under 5 years! That’s crazy.

I had a look at the previous appointments there, 5 permanent mangers in 2 years should be enough to put him off too!

Edited by menzinho
  • Like 10
  • Love 1

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  15

This is scaremongering of the highest order - there are plenty of options available and a wealth of experience to draw upon. Charlton Athletic Football Club will likely go for someone with experience, someone who is familiar with League One and the Championship. I doubt they will opt for an unknown or up-and-coming manager who is only in the second season of his most successful spell.

• Like 7
  • Love 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

hes not going anywhere, why would he?

all of what he says in his interviews speaks highly of what he thinks about our club, the fans and the players hes coaching. the fact he considering himself to be lucky to have such a talented squad makes me doubt he would move to just anyone. when luke williams does move on, it will be to a team that has had their manager poached themselves or at a point where we are no longer showing signs of improvements.

it really does my head in when people start going on about things that has not happened and most likely wont. yes, he will be linked to jobs. i could be, it does not mean anything until thing start to happen.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,728
  • Days Won:  27

I have consulted five reputable odds sites, none of which mentioned Luke Williams. Why should we be concerned about his departure? I don’t see the point in even suggesting it. It’s neither helpful nor necessary, as it would only be worth mentioning if Williams had been strongly linked. It seems like it’s being said for no real reason.

Interestingly enough, Shaun Derry and Sol Campbell are mentioned with odds.

I’m confident there will be some updates that include Williams because he’s doing an outstanding job here. However, you can’t expect a manager to abandon everything he’s achieved with a successful team to join a side that has dismissed their manager for underperforming.

I can envision them appointing someone like Darren Moore.

• Like 8

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  373
  • Days Won:  0

I have seen him linked, but with very low odds. It’s a non-story because how many managers are out of work? Quite a lot. I don’t see teams coming to pay a club compensation, and I doubt Notts would be willing to part with Luke Williams as easily as they did by allowing Ian Burchnall to go join FGR.

• Like 5

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Ha! Every manager beneath Charlton’s level will be linked and mentioned as a possible appointment. Struggling teams higher up and perhaps even some punching above their weight might also be included. The fact is, Charlton aren’t as glamorous right now to be chasing managers who have a steady structure. They’re a mess and need something long term, rather than a gamble just because they see something working elsewhere. I don’t see Luke Williams being interested, I don’t see him being strongly considered either.

• Like 5

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,895
  • Days Won:  5

Concerned about Charlton? I think we should be more apprehensive about Eastleigh making a move for him. That’s likely why they let go of Lee Bradbury. 😂 They aspire to emulate our success despite their poor start to the season.

• Like 4

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It's honestly no concern.

If any fan genuinely feels concerned that Charlton Athletic will come in for Luke Williams, just remember that the Reedtz have shown a great understanding with the way they recruit, not just manager wise but staff in general. I personally wouldn't worry, any Championship or League One team's job could become vacant and the last thought I have is that our manager will leave having gained promotion last season and seeing his team on the verge of doing well in League Two.

There's very little risk of us losing him this seasons, so good luck to Charlton in finding their next manager.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  310
  • Days Won:  0

Charlton will go for experience; they like big names and managers who have enjoyed a level of sustainable success. I doubt Luke Williams is on their radar; teams may be looking at him, but I doubt anyone will take that gamble early on without our agreement.

• Like 2

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

Jim Rodwell has little to do with Notts now; his departure could be pointed to as the moment when the Trew Era began to sink. As much as he liked to talk rubbish, he seemed to do a good job behind the scenes, and I am not surprised it all went downhill from there. He has done well to be picked up by Charlton, though.

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,772
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Rodwell was never "customer facing" at Notts. His career path since: Scunthorpe, Sunderland, Peterborough Hull , now Charlton. 

• Like 1

• Content Count:  493
  • Days Won:  1

Jim Rodwell was notorious for telling lies and getting caught during his time at Meadow Lane, but Notts seemed better run than when he was replaced by the mini-Hitler. In my opinion, that should never have happened and was more about saving money, all those wrong decisions to back youth, inexperienced managers, etc. I was pleased when Jim left but regretted it afterward. Thankfully, we now have people who don’t want to engage in point-scoring, sparring with fans over nonsense or being anti-social online.

As for Charlton, they won’t get our Luke. King Williams will remain at Meadow Lane for the foreseeable future.