• Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

• Like 10
  • Love 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

Sounds like a handy addition, but the proof of the pudding is in the eating. We've definitely got someone watching the Irish league!

It's only a loan till January, so hopefully he's up to speed and ready to go straight away. Him sitting on the bench as an emergency back-up won't benefit anyone. Good luck to him!

• Like 10

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  36

Hopefully, Notts are seeing something in this that I’m not. A right back (when we already have 3 players that can play in that position) who can fill in as a CB, it’s a strange choice. 
I have horrible memories of a few years ago, when all the fans knew that Notts needed some decent Centre Backs but we never signed any, RCB is the one area of the pitch that we need a really good signing for, but we seem to be ignoring it and instead sticking a square peg there as a make do and mend solution.

That being said, I hope the new lad proves me wrong and has a belting loan period.

• Like 12

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

He sounds like a promising player. It is good to have the cover, but Luke Williams must start giving the likes of Junior Morias, Ollie Tipton, and this new signing minutes. How will they ever be ready otherwise? I do not think throwing players into games is a fair judgement.

• Like 7

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,469
  • Days Won:  15

He should be a good addition, but I had hoped we would sign someone with a bit more experience. Whether he gets much time to feature is a different question, but I do agree that we need to give some minutes to those who haven’t featured. Unless they’re solely here to make up the numbers, which I strongly doubt.

• Like 10

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

This signing was a hot topic of conversation today, as I did my rounds. I also hate to agree, but it feels like a lacklustre signing. It seems for the first time that we have failed to bring in cover on a permanent basis and have decided to top up the squad with loan signings. It's something we have tended to avoid, but it's also hard to see where he will fit in because so far Ollie Tipton hasn't been near to starting.

I don't want to knock the lad before he kicks a ball (if he even does), but it's something that makes me a little anxious.

His only experience seems to be playing in the Irish league, which again, I don't want to knock, but I am wondering just how much he will feature. If he doesn't get much chance, just like Ollie, you end up piling the pressure onto them when they do make a start or come on from off the bench.

I really hope he does get the chance and does well, that's what we want to see.

Yet ideally, these places will be filled in the future with our own youth players as loaning in makes them pointless - just as much as loanees not featuring.

• Like 7
  • Love 2

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  171
  • Days Won:  0

I think it's okay, but I did hope for more experience. He is a young player who has not played much at this level, and he might need some time to adapt. It doesn't mean his energy won't benefit us and I'm not being negative. I hope he does well and proves himself as a valuable addition. He has potential and talent, and he could learn a lot from the other players.

• Like 7

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

time will tell, but i dont like how our fans are comparing him to his grandfather. it means nothing and we have had many players connected to good players that have turned out to be a waste of time. i think he wont play much if at all, it seems a filler signing.

i hope he does well but i would have rather had someone that is ours.

• Like 4

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,461
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

We all want any signing to do well, and I hope he gets his chance and shows how good he can be. I am a little bit disappointed as we could have really strengthened this area. Ollie Tipton so far seems a pointless signing, and I fear this is just a backup with little intention or hope to feature him in the team. Adam Chicksen may be slotted into a CB position ahead of him, just so he gets more game time rather than someone who is used to the role. It is what it is; as I say, I hope he does well, but I don’t think we will see him play much. Cup games are most likely.

• Like 5

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  285
  • Days Won:  0

The signing isn’t one that leaves me speechless, which shows how spoilt we have been in recent seasons with the way the recruitment works. I have to say, be happy and hope the lad proves himself. He won’t be here wanting to have a picnic; he will want to play, and that should make him work hard. The question is, will Luke have faith in the two young loanees outside of cup games?

• Like 4

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,355
  • Days Won:  1

I am not particularly concerned; it is simply good to have the additional support. Luke Williams will provide the loaned players with an opportunity, and at present, we do not require their services despite the fans’ demands. I am one of those fans, so I am not being overly critical. Connell Rawlinson is more than capable of performing well, but we now have the option of using younger players. We shall see what happens.

• Like 3

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

I am pleased we at least made a signing. I think it’s more of an addition to cover for the congested fixtures and potential backup. It would be good to see him come in when needed, and hopefully, he will do a good job. Otherwise, if he’s stuck on the bench, he might get recalled if that option is available.

• Like 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  231
  • Days Won:  1

I am just pleased that we have got a defender. It would be easy to settle for what we have, but at least we now have some form of cover. I understand how some fans feel, but I am trying to see the positives. He should want to do well, especially considering how the team is performing. There’s nothing like winning games and leading the league.

• Like 1