Steve Cooper sacked

Fan of Big Tone

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I see that Steve Cooper has finally been sacked by our “friends” across the river. I’ve been impressed by the amazing support he’s been getting from the reds fans. I hear that Nino Espirito (or whatever his name is) will be taking over, it’ll be interesting to see how that goes.

Thoughts?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Surprised 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,728
  • Days Won:  27

I think it’s a strange appointment and the sacking seems to be just a move to bring in someone for the sake of it. Steve Cooper has done well with Forest. They can spend as much money as they want on the players they sign, but they are only at a certain level compared to other established Premier League teams. Cooper has done well so far. I don’t see how Nuno Santo is a step up. He’s been lucky in English management to have moved from Wolves to Tottenham because he hasn’t looked anything special and just a very generic manager.

• Like 10

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  280
  • Days Won:  1

I don’t think it’s a wise decision, but I haven’t seen many complaints. I believe Steve Cooper was capable of keeping them up. It’s an odd decision to make just before Christmas.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,091
  • Days Won:  2

It’s a disappointing appointment. If he fails to manage their cobbled-together squad, this could turn out to be the worst decision in years.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  528

I’m struggling to see how this is an improvement on Steve Cooper. Cooper has brought stability to a team that was far from Premier League standard, yet he managed to promote them. He’s also managed to keep them in the Premier League against the odds. Now they’ve taken a gamble on someone who, at best, is average.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Steve Cooper is a weird-looking person, all the jokes had about him and Ian burchnall having a staring contest and who would win made me chuckle. Yet, he does come across as a nice person and I hate to see how he's been treated.

He'll have no issue getting back into management; I just hope that he chooses wisely and manages to repeat his success.

I wish him nothing but success, I do think Forest will regret this decision.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

he needs to quarantine for two weeks at least, but at least hes free. i felt disappointed and i dont really care, my dad says its his final straw with forest. i think he will support notts more now. him and my uncle liked steve cooper, they were amazed by what he achieved and had started coming to more notts games due to the friendliness between our two clubs at that point.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  133
  • Days Won:  0

The decision seems illogical, but I can somewhat understand given their recent poor form. Without intervention, they could easily slip into the bottom three. They’re currently on 14 points, with a slim 5-point cushion. The appointment they’ve made only exacerbates the situation, which is quite disappointing. I can’t envision many Forest fans wanting Steve Cooper to leave.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  558
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

Let them carry on, I’ve no interest in Forest and I do feel sorry for Steve Cooper, he’ll be moving on to a better situation.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  77
  • Days Won:  0

I understand, considering all the discussions and outcomes. The timing? It might have been improved, their owner could have given him more time, but football is about achieving the right results.

• Like 2

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,468
  • Days Won:  165
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

The Successful clubs are the club's that hold on to good Managers and Head Coaches.

I believe that nowadays there is much more pressure put on Managers at such an early stage than in the past, especially from the media and punditry.

Statistically, changing a Manager when a team is in big trouble doesn't tend to save them from the drop anyway.

• Like 2

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,350

I understand your lack of interest in the happenings across the Trent. Teams, as we know all too well, can cycle through managers rapidly. It was indeed refreshing that Steve Cooper received support last season. There might be more to the decision this time, but the only remark I can make is that it’s regrettable.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  879

Steve Cooper’s dismissal doesn’t matter to me, I believe he’s better off. It was always going to be a challenge for him, especially as the club’s recruitment is essentially whoever their owner prefers. I think Cooper will find a suitable project. He performed a miracle by taking them from almost certain relegation to League One to the Premier League. That’s the gratitude he receives.

• Love 1

Supporter+
19 hours ago, thommo said:

Steve Cooper’s dismissal doesn’t matter to me, I believe he’s better off. It was always going to be a challenge for him, especially as the club’s recruitment is essentially whoever their owner prefers. I think Cooper will find a suitable project. He performed a miracle by taking them from almost certain relegation to League One to the Premier League. That’s the gratitude he receives.

Cooper's sacking is just an example of the way Football is going since the Premier League was formed.

A Manager has a bad run of 10 games or less & there's a clamour, pushed by the media, & pundits to replace him.

On the other hand, in the lower leagues of the EFL, Managers are poached by higher league clubs to the detriment of those lower clubs.

The rest are always playing catch up, & it's difficult enough to climb through the leagues, without losing a good Manager & then appoint a good replacement.

Luke has done wonders for our club & I'm sure there are other clubs keeping their eye on his progress.

It would be hard for Notts to replace him if he moved on.

• Love 1

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

I actually feel sympathy for Steve Cooper.I didn't like him at one time but I get the feeling he's been made the scapegoat for other 's mistakes.

• Like 1

Supporter+
1 minute ago, super_ram said:

I actually feel sympathy for Steve Cooper.I didn't like him at one time but I get the feeling he's been made the scapegoat for other 's mistakes.

Definitely. And another important change that has crept into the game is the Head Coach not picking the players to bring in to his club. It's  right that the Manager should consult others over recruitment, but the Manager should have the final say over who to recruit.

• Love 1