PON Forum Shake Up

After some feedback, I have decided to shake the forum categories up and structure things differently.

I will be amending each section's description to make it clearer what should be posted within each area, as a means to remove any confusion.

Also, we could consider creating forums for different sports apart from football.

Should we opt for a general sports forum or split them up?

I'm still very much in the process, but as always feedback is important. 👍

• Like 9
  • Love 1

Supporter+

@Chris did you mean to put the prediction league into PoN Insider section? It seems a strange choice.

• Like 4

@Fan of Big Tone I was trying to figure out where best to place it. I have decided to place it as a sub forum to the 'Match Talk'. I didn't think leaving it inside the 'English Football' forum would be a good choice. I'm quite content personally with the layout, so I will begin to update the descriptions.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Supporter+

Yes I think the Match Talk section is a good choice.

• Like 6

Supporter+
2 minutes ago, Robbie said:

@Chris will you be including a Notts County Women FC Forum too?

He has its here https://prideofnottingham.co.uk/community/forum/9-jimmy-sirrel-stand/

• Like 6

Yes, Notts Women's team now has a forum for all their discussions - including any match based ones. So if it's related to the ladies team, that's where it goes. I have also added a general sports forum. :thumbsup:

Thanks, @Robbie.

----
Additionally, I have updated all the forums descriptions.

On the community index page, Notts forums are at the top, followed by PON, then All things related to sports. English, Domestic World Football, International and the 'Sports Stage'. https://prideofnottingham.co.uk/community/forum/27-the-sports-stage-everything-outside-of-football/

Admin announcements are at the very bottom, partly to encourage people to view the bottom end of the site and because I like using the announcement feature to pin important posts, which makes it more convenient to have the section out of the way.

As suggested by @Burnz3r0, I will also rewrite the welcome message new members get sent automatically - along with updating the introduction section.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

@Robbie Yes, of course.

I still aim to go through the forums just to ensure things are in the right locations. This is something I should have done before now; however, it's good to have it all settled. The refresh looks fantastic. 😁

• Like 6

I haven't paid much attention to the forum's index page, but reading the discussion, it sounds very productive. I would agree that a general sports forum would be best until we know if any deserve their own, but I think that might be some time off yet. Let's continue to make PON a good option for fans to chat.

• Like 7

This is cool! I'll have a look at the new structure when I'm on my PC.

Regarding the prediction league, I was thinking last week that it would probably be better as a subforum to Granny's forum. I probably wouldn't put it in a Notts section as it isn't really Notts related. Will moving the form affect email reminders?

As for sports, I think an"other sports" subforum would do, as they rarely get talked about and having too many inactive forums would clutter things up. We could always tag the corresponding sport in case people want to search it. 

• Like 7

I like the changes, it makes the forum look much neater, and that's a bonus. I don't often comment, but I've always preferred the multiple forum setup here. It organizes things well, on top of all the ways to join in. I think that deserves a comment.

• Like 5

On 12/01/2024 at 09:13, DangerousSausage said:

Regarding the prediction league, I was thinking last week that it would probably be better as a subforum to Granny's forum. I probably wouldn't put it in a Notts section as it isn't really Notts related. Will moving the form affect email reminders?

I believe Chris wants to keep it nearer the top of the page, but no, moving it won't affect followers of emails that are sent out.

• Like 4

Changes are often appreciated when they prioritise content and ease of use. Judging by the feedback, this seems to have been accomplished. Unnecessary changes just for the sake of change are universally disliked.

• Like 4