Nuneaton Borough to fold

Piethagoram

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Very sad for all concerned especially the fans.

• Like 10
  • Sad 3

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Wouldn't this be their second time folding? I feel terrible for them.

Some clubs just don't seem to have any luck with progressing but hopefully if they do reform, they focus on the level which they can operate best at and move with that.

• Like 5
  • Sad 8

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,404
  • Days Won:  194
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

This is so sad and it effects a whole community and it's the supporters who suffer the most.

But this is just symptomatic of what's happening in Football around the Country with the rich clubs getting richer and those clubs down the football pyramid struggling. We have seen it time and time again over the last few years, but the football authorities either can't or won't try to do anything about it.

The solution is simple. The Premier League need to filter much more money down to the lower leagues, & there should be a contingency fund, or something to that effect, to help clubs such as Nuneaton who come across hard times.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

it takes moments like this to make changes, i just hope we dont see too many teams fold as there are a lot struggling and it could only get worse before finally something is done. i feel for the fans. :( 

• Like 7
  • Sad 5

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,501
  • Days Won:  287

This is terrible news, but the writing has been on the wall for a while - they've gambled heavily on winning promotion. Not a well-run club. They were liquidated in 1991 and 2008 and initially restarted at the same ground as Nuneaton Town. Their ground isn't even that old, but now it looks like it'll all be lost and they'll have to start from scratch completely.

I went to their old ground once, Manor Park, there was a proper old-school stand behind one goal (on the left on the pic, taken from Wikipedia). This is a massive shame.

ManorPkNuneaton.jpg

• Like 7
  • Sad 3

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  171
  • Days Won:  0

Clubs need to start operating within their means. It's sad, but unless you have owners willing to fund a club and are able to keep doing so, this will always be the sad end to the story.

• Like 5
  • Sad 6

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

It's very sad for the Nuneaton community and particularly the fans of the club.

• Like 8
  • Sad 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,786
  • Days Won:  27

What terrible news, I’ve seen people chatting about it on social media. It’s such a pity that they couldn’t be saved. Nuneaton sadly are one of those teams with a small fan base and it’s even harder to get the results to build a loyal enough following to keep them going.

• Like 4
  • Sad 5

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,966
  • Days Won:  5

It’s really sad news for Nuneaton’s community and fans. I hope they can find a way to start over.

• Like 8

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  194

It’s distressing to hear about Nuneaton. I was at the pre-season friendly and donated to the man who walked around the ground several times during the match. Even then, it seemed quite grim as some of their fans made remarks about the difficulties their club was facing.

• Like 7

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,488
  • Days Won:  5

This is a wake-up call for the football authorities. They need to do more to support clubs like Nuneaton and make sure they're not left behind. It's not right that a club with such history and passion should be allowed to fold.

• Like 6

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  81

Sadly, it's been happening and there's only so much you can do before you have to accept destiny. They needed an owner who could afford to keep the level of players but with an understanding of how to run a business. It's very sad, but if you can't function beyond being a football team, you are bound to face difficulties.

• Like 5

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

It's not nice to learn about a club folding. I'm sure they put up a good fight, but ultimately it's happened. It's a shame.

• Like 4

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,512
  • Days Won:  15

The news about Nuneaton folding is dreadful. It doesn’t bode well for English football, and they might not be the only team this season. I sincerely hope they can reform when the time is right.

• Like 3

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,167
  • Days Won:  3

I'm not surprised, to be honest. The club has been struggling for years, and it's been clear that they've been living beyond their means. It's a lesson for other clubs to learn from.

• Like 2

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  744
  • Days Won:  3

It’s truly heartbreaking for the team and the staff. They’ve put in an immense amount of effort, and it seems unjust that they are the ones who have to bear the brunt of this situation. It’s my sincere hope that they’ll discover a method to ensure the survival of the club. Despite the current circumstances, their dedication and hard work deserve to be rewarded, not punished. The situation is indeed challenging, but with determination and resilience, I believe they can overcome it as a phoenix club.

• Like 1