Where are they now : Sam Stubbs

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,962
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I thought he came with a fair amount of promise, he's one of those we signed too early in their careers. Well, in this case it was loaned too early.

He's someone under our current owners, we might have signed once his loan deal had expired or near the end of it.

Sam Stubbs has come quite far since his time here; I don't recall him being much of a stand-out player, but you could see he had potential. Fingers crossed, we can get the quality out of Lewis Macari this upcoming season.

• Like 13

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  731
  • Days Won:  3

He faced pressure due to his family’s history in the sport and he was merely a youngster during his time here. He performed decently for Notts, and it’s pleasing to see him progressing in his career.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  139
  • Days Won:  0

I hope it doesn’t deter him from guarding the box or restrict him in any manner. I comprehend the severity of his injury and wouldn’t hold it against him if it did affect him. He’s a good player, and I’m glad he’s returned.

• Like 9

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  868
  • Days Won:  1

It was a grim incident, and I’m surprised that he has made a comeback. If he can get his career back on track, I wish him all the best. I wouldn’t be shocked if it led to him being more cautious.

• Like 8

• Content Count:  686
  • Days Won:  0

I’m pleased he’s returned to football, overcoming a nasty injury is no easy feat. I’m confident he hasn’t lost any of his skill.

• Like 7

• liampie featured this topic

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,874
  • Days Won:  162

good to see him returning back to football, i had forgotten about his injury. its a brave experience to go through, scary too. i hope he manages to pick up his career without worrying about it.

• Like 7

• Content Count:  616

Awful, but it's good he's ready to make a comeback. I hope he enjoys the upcoming season.

• Like 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,759
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I’ll hold my hands up and say I can’t remember him playing for Notts so he obviously didn’t make much of an impression. One of those “here today, gone tomorrow” players.

Now if he’d been as good as Brian Stubbs and stayed as long I would remember him decades later.

• Like 6

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,885
  • Days Won:  5

That must have been quite a painful experience, making his comeback to football all the more significant. I hope the upcoming season treats him well.

• Like 5

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,503
  • Days Won:  9

10 hours ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

I’ll hold my hands up and say I can’t remember him playing for Notts so he obviously didn’t make much of an impression. One of those “here today, gone tomorrow” players.

Now if he’d been as good as Brian Stubbs and stayed as long I would remember him decades later.

Sam Stubbs came with a lot of expectations, being Alan Stubbs’ son. At the age of 20, he should have achieved more, but that wasn’t the case. He seemed a promising prospect, but he needed time, time that Notts couldn’t afford to give him then. After all, it was a loan.

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2019/january/stubbs-joins-on-loan-310119/

• Like 4
  • Love 2

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,369
  • Days Won:  161
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

I wish Sam Stubbs good luck on his return to football after such a horrible injury.

• Like 3

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,719
  • Days Won:  27

I recall hearing that he had been substituted, but I didn’t realise the severity of the situation. A broken skull is enough to cause nightmares, and it’s incredibly brave to return to a sport that requires good heading skills, especially as a defender. I hope all his worries are now in the past.

• Like 3

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,449
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

It was a shocking and vicious injury, but Sam Stubbs’ comeback and focus is a positive sign. I’m sure he’ll be mindful of the injury, but hopefully, like other professional players, he’ll be able to bounce back as if it never happened.

• Like 3

• TheSkipper unfeatured this topic
  • 1 month later...

• Content Count:  224

I feel sorry for Sam Stubbs. It sounds like his injury is seeing him go out on loan. I hope he gets his career back on track.

• Like 1