Stuart Maynard. I'm Still Not Sure.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,287
  • Days Won:  17

Ok before anybody starts getting Hot Under The Collar. This is My Opinion and it may be Vastly Different from yours . If you Agree with me or Not these are things I've Noticed about  the Notts Head Coach. Somethings I have Mentioned in other comments on the PON Site.

Stuart Maynard, I'm still Not Convinced he is the Right Man to Lead Notts Forward to Promotion to League 1. Firstly he came to the Lane after the Departure of Luke Williams who had delivered what Notts Fans Wanted EFL Football after 4 years in the Doldrums of National League Football, the Magpies were back. Perhaps it's Wrong to make distinctions between Luke and Stuart Maynard but it does have to be done.

Luke Williams had Leadership Values and Superb Management Skills. He quickly had the Notts Faithful onside and the First team Squad singing his Praises. He also had a Vast Experience  Coaching at other Clubs. Of cause he wasn't Without his Faults. His if the opposition score 3 goals we'll score 4 goals attitude was totally Wrong and we all Know about his Defence Frailties and who knows where Notts would have Finished if he'd had stayed. Personally I think Notts would have still made the Playoffs, but where unlikely to get Promoted.  Then off Luke went to Swansea.

Enter Stuart Maynard. A Part time Coach with a Semi Professional Team. His tenure began when Notts were about to play Teams at or near the Top of League 2. And we Fans remember how that went. He seemed Totally Out of His Depth he made Poor Decisions and when the Magpies had a Couple of Good Results on the Road at Newport and Bradford he seemed to Switch his Winning Formula.  He doesn't seem to have the same Connection with the Fans or His players  He doesn't come across as Dynamic or as Enthusiastic as his Predecessor .  That could well be the way he his which if you're Winning Football Matches is Fine.

Nothing as Really Convinced Me that Stuart is the Man for the Notts Job, even though he has HIS Team now available. I would have thought by Now he'd have a Clearer Picture of His starting line up for the First Matches in League 2 and would have played that team for at Least 60 minutes in Germany. Some Fans will say Well Notts Defended well for 80 minutes. Yes that's as Maybe but Matches Last 90+. It appears to Me that Stuart is still Learning to be a Head Coach, the Thing Is Will he be given Time and if he his How Much of an Effect will it have on the Club Results Wise and It's Standing in League 2 and Most Important The Fans.?

When Luke Williams left he left Mighty Big Shoes To Fill, and Personally I Don't think Stuart is up to the Job. I Hope I'm Wrong I really do and all the New signings and Old Squad members Click and Notts have an Amazing Season. I just have a Nagging Feeling it May Not Happen with Stuart Maynard at the Helm.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,908
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Well let’s see what happens this season, I know you have your doubts @Wheelbarrow repair man but let’s give him a chance to prove you and other doubters wrong before we dismiss him as a failure, after all a ball hasn’t been kicked in anger yet. 

I personally don’t think we should keep comparing him to Williams he is a different coach with different strengths and weaknesses. I know that every Notts fan will want him to succeed.

• Like 9

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  907
  • Days Won:  2

We must allow him time to let the new players adjust. Until now, we haven’t had a transfer window with him, which restricts what can be achieved. I’ve watched two training videos under Maynard’s guidance. He’s evidently a communicator, keen on demonstrating his ideas in action.

I’m pleased to back him, as this role is a promotion for him. Despite his past experience, he’ll continue to learn. The club recognises his potential, and I hope we’ll begin to see it throughout this season.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,343
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I also understand why some fans are unsure about Stuart Maynard, and I prefer to read rational thoughts like this.

Certainly I feel Maynard has to win more fans over, but heading into this season we have the ability to forget the poor form of last season. I strongly believe that Luke Williams wouldn't have changed much. Our players were tired and much of the reasons why I feel Maynard suffered is outlined in the embedded post I made back in June.

None of the current friendlies should concern anyone, as they are just training sessions against another team.

I am hopeful that Notts can get off to a good start, then fans might see things are improving. The signings we have made should improve the defensive issues we saw last season, making us better going forward because we should attack with confidence. Maynard has a good squad, Notts has shown faith in him and I will personally review things at least 12 games into the season.

The squad needs to adjust to the changes and all the new recruits need to settle in, so we might have a transitional period where results might not go our way.

Ideally, we will see Maynard show more decisiveness during games. This is one area, I believe he could be better but with tired players and a weaker bench - it does limit what can be done. I am looking forward to the season ahead, I believe it should be a good one for us.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

I Don't want Stuart Maynard to Fail and Like it or Not he's always going to be Compared to Luke Williams, is that Fair ? No but that's the way the Game is. A Successful Manager Will Always Stamps His Personality On A Club and for me I Don't think Stuarts done that. It may come in Time who knows? Maybe it's just that's the way Stuart is on the Quiet Side and he goes about his work in a Cool Methodical Way.

All Being Well I'll be at the Lane First Match of the Season Cheering both Him and the Boys On as will all My Family. But there's Doubts about Certain Things in My Mind and hopefully in this Coming Season Stuart and the Magpies will Ease Those Worries  Away.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,251
  • Days Won:  189
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Stuart Maynard now owns the team. He has seven new players to play with. 

There is no longer any excuse. Stuart has to mould the new players into this team, plus any more that Notts may recruit before the beginning of the season.

If the team don't perform it is down solely to him now, however I have every confidence that Stuart will succeed next season.

We have seen encouraging signs that the defence is much tighter now.

I just want to see Didzy & Scott get on the score sheet before the season starts.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  10,908
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+
18 minutes ago, Robbie said:

If the team don't perform it is down solely to him now,

@Robbie as I said in another post if they don't perform I'm not sure that Maynard will be solely responsible surely the recruitment team will have to shoulder some blame if they sign the wrong players, I don't believe Maynard has much if any say in who is signed, he's just a coach not a manager.

• Like 3

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  3,552
  • Days Won:  9

Only time can confirm if Stuart Maynard is the suitable person for the job. We must bear in mind that the head coach isn’t always to blame when results don’t go as planned. While I believe no one on PON wishes for Notts to fail, some fans do behave in this manner. They seem to derive a great deal of satisfaction from being negative for any reason they can find.

I want Maynard to succeed and I support him more, but I question whether he can motivate the players enough for them to push themselves further for him. Luke Williams had this quality in abundance, but we can’t take it for granted or draw comparisons between them.

• Like 6

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,504
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

As I see it, this is a new beginning. I believe we should wait until Christmas before passing any judgement on the upcoming campaign. A strong start will certainly ease things, but even if we face difficulties, there’s ample time for a turnaround. If we’re losing by the odd goal, that’s something we can accept. However, if the team isn’t performing well, then clearly there’s an issue.

The squad appears to be much stronger now. Stuart Maynard will have had more time to familiarise himself with everyone. A successful transfer window will allow him to make the changes he deems necessary. He might not be heavily involved in recruitment, but I’m sure he’ll advocate for stronger defenders. This is the first season where we’ve really focused on improving the team beyond just a single signing.

Maynard seems to be a competent coach. He’s hands-on and oversees the team’s style of play. I’m hopeful that a balanced squad and talented players like Jodi Jones will enable him to bring out the best in everyone. He appears to have built a strong rapport with the squad.

• Love 3

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,502
  • Days Won:  15

I can see why some fans might have reservations about Stuart Maynard as the head coach of Notts County. I’ve often pondered if his assistant and the accompanying coaches are ready for the step up. While they provide Maynard with support and familiarity, I believe Luke Williams had an excellent assistant in Ryan Harley. It might take them a bit longer to adapt to a professional club. I’m confident that with the new recruits, the club has given Maynard a platform to demonstrate his skills, and I hope it proves successful. He needs to be bold and achieve positive results early on. If we don’t get the results fans expect, it will be harder for him to weather the storm. So, for his sake and ours, I hope he can make a strong start and win over more fans. He seems like a competent coach, but sometimes you need that extra something to excel, and Notts has given Maynard that opportunity.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

• Content Count:  13,052
  • Days Won:  162

i get that he has to prove himself, that last season his appointment could have gone better but i think he deserves time to see how things progress this season. personally, i believe he will do just fine. we should be a lot better defensively and we a very blessed attacking side without macaulay langstaff. i do hope the langstaff transfer does not end up being used as an excuse by some or by maynard if things dont go to plan but i am sure we will have a decent season ahead. progress is the key, so hope we can reach the playoffs or higher. :) 

• Like 2

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  171
  • Days Won:  0

The manager’s job is challenging enough, but it becomes even harder when fans aren’t willing to give him a chance. I can understand the doubts and am pleased to see that there’s hope it will work out. I appreciate fans who share their opinions and explain their reasons, which isn’t something many do on social media. When you ask, people often take offence to the simplest of questions. This is a good advertisement for this site, and it’s one of the things I like about PON. I also appreciate how members are treated differently when they go against the grain. As I’ve said, the manager’s job is tough enough, and Stuart Maynard has my full support. It would be best for the club if he succeeds because losing another manager would be a setback. Even though I think managers with more EFL experience would be more interested in managing our squad these days, there’s a lot of quality in the current Notts squad. However, I do think Maynard should strive for improvement.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  8,961
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

9 hours ago, allardyces tash said:

I can see why some fans might have reservations about Stuart Maynard as the head coach of Notts County. I’ve often pondered if his assistant and the accompanying coaches are ready for the step up. While they provide Maynard with support and familiarity, I believe Luke Williams had an excellent assistant in Ryan Harley. It might take them a bit longer to adapt to a professional club. I’m confident that with the new recruits, the club has given Maynard a platform to demonstrate his skills, and I hope it proves successful. He needs to be bold and achieve positive results early on. If we don’t get the results fans expect, it will be harder for him to weather the storm. So, for his sake and ours, I hope he can make a strong start and win over more fans. He seems like a competent coach, but sometimes you need that extra something to excel, and Notts has given Maynard that opportunity.

Spot on @allardyces tash

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,711
  • Days Won:  36

My reservations aren’t so much with Maynard at the moment, but with the personnel available to him. We only currently have 18 senior outfield players, we still haven’t seen Tsaroulla or Pamer, we have only briefly seen Jatta, Robertson, Morias, (Ronald) McDonald and Austin. We are in serious danger of going into this season undercooked if minutes don’t rack up in the next 3 match days.

If we get off to a slow start (which I can definitely see), it won’t take long for the unrest to start again. Because of his background he will always be paddling uphill.

• Like 1

As @Fan of Big Tone as stated  Maynard shouldn't be solely responsible if Notts Fail this season, but that's how it will go. I fully Agree with Him the Recruitment Team must shoulder some of the Blame, But Stuart Maynard is the Head Coach and will be used as a Scapegoat should things go wrong at the Lane  it will be Him and Not Richard Montague Notts Head of Recruitment who will Lose his Job.

• Like 1

Supporter+

I agree @Wheelbarrow repair man Stuart is responsible now. The recruiters have recruited, now it is up to the Head Coach to mould these players into a winning team. 

There are no excuses for Stuart now. He  HAS to deliver and if the team has a poor start he will be under massive pressure that could prove terminal for him. 

• Like 1

I would hope by Now @Robbie  Stuart Maynard is fully aware of that, if Notts do get off to a Poor Start I just hope the Owners Don't keep hold of him Hoping things will get Better, before bringing in a New Coach.

But lets Not be to Negative hopefully 4 more Senior Players will be Recruited to Bring the Squad up to Full Strength and Stuart can Mould them into League 2 Champions. Who knows?

• Like 1

Supporter+

@Wheelbarrow repair man don't get me wrong, I want very much for Stuart to succeed and I do feel with four more players Notts will have a squad strong enough to make a challenge this season.

All I'm saying is that it is all on Stuart now, the honeymoon period is truly over