• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Is that all? 3 words.... *I'm not doing a very good job managing these players* :rolleyes:

Rock music... 90's and early 2000's - Blink 182 to Hidden in plain View. From Ska to Pop Punk. I love 80's music, including the pop but I cannot stand today's poor excuse for music. I sound like my dad?!!? @super_ram it's happened! :'(

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

anything before 2005, its the year that music died.

pop, rock, dance, instrumental... a bit of it all really! 

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Is that all? 3 words.... *I'm not doing a very good job managing these players* :rolleyes:

Rock music... 90's and early 2000's - Blink 182 to Hidden in plain View. From Ska to Pop Punk. I love 80's music, including the pop but I cannot stand today's poor excuse for music. I sound like my dad?!!? @super_ram it's happened! :'(

Sounding like your dad! I had a similar thought at the weekend when I was discussing music with my 9yr old daughter. Trying to explain that 'real' musicians do not come from X Factor etc...

"but then how did Erasure or Depeche Mode start then Dad?" 

"The proper way. Learnt to play the instruments (guitars and synths) at school then formed their own band as a group of friends, wrote all their own songs and started playing small pup gigs etc... Now go upstairs and practise on the keyboard I brought for you so you can do it to and make millions!"

Just like my dad with the "all these keyboards. Not in my day!"

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

Sorry Liam but it was 1959 not 2005

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Day_the_Music_Died

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

Sorry Liam but it was 1959 not 2005

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Day_the_Music_Died

And to think he was only 43 when that happened... ha ha  :rollonfloorlaughing:

For you @super_ram (and for those who are interested, just like I am)

http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=1193

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I like music from the 60s and 70s, I'm a big Rolling Stones fan I've got virtually all their albums, been to three concerts and loved it. The first of their records I heard was Satisfaction and I have been hooked since. Other bands I like are The Kinks, Thin Lizzy, Status Quo, Tremeloes etc.

I do also like other eras of music, I think rap is very clever and I like Eminem, my Dad brought me up on Traditional Jazz so I don't mind a bit of Benny Goodman, Kenny Ball etc.,

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

Joe Loss, Glenn Miller.. (that's what you get for having parents born in the 20's), all the way through to Queen... Not much I didn't like in between, was big on Rock, but as you will see from concerts it was all sorts... Rainbow, ACDC, Sabbath, Leppard, Snake, Priest.... not Gillan and not much of the modern Rock

Modern stuff, well ... Good job the kids can't see this... Pink, Killers, Cee Lo.

My taste has always been mixed, I mean concerts..... Queen, The Belle Stars, Johnny Cash, Level 42, Neil Diamond, Monsters of Rock 3 times Marillion, Box Car willie...plus loads more middle of the road stuff

The ones that got away... Tina Turner and Diana Ross

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

I like a mixture of most types of music.Super introduced me to all kinds of stuff from classical to folk and groups and singers I'd never heard of from the 50's and 60's..I don't think much of today's so called music but there is the occasional exception.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

Slightly older music. I listen to rock, ska-punk and abit of pop punk from the 90s and early 2000s. I don't really listen to anything but that.

• Content Count:  29
  • Days Won:  0

@PTID1862. Jammy git you got to see The man in black himself. Well jealous. Certified headbanger but can listen to most types. Can't do rap or hip-hop etc but just about anything else goes, aside from the X-Factor dross.I've seen Queen, Quo, Rush, Metallica, 3 Monsters of Rock and 1 Knebworth (Queen Quo Big Country and Belouis Some). Ozzy, Marillion, Green Day, Chili Peppers, you get the drift. Also seen Diana Ross and Beautiful South with my Missus. If there is 1 band that I could travel back in time and see it would be Deep Purple. Blackmore,Paice,Glover,Lord and Gillan. What a line up.

• Content Count:  69
  • Days Won:  1

Music is not dead if you look about imo. Jake bugg, mumford & sons, vampire weekend, royal blood, are just afew I'm listening to as a write this. I Stay away from kiss fm, heart, kemet fm capital fm really $h!t music most of the time imo.

Archived