Damian Irvine

Fan of Big Tone

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I have heard conflicting reports about the Commercial Director Damian Irvine some say his contract has been cancelled as he is on a lot of money and the club can't afford him others say that was the plan but after a meeting it has been decided to keep him and changes at the club are in the air.

Personally I think he has been good for the club "The Bench" initiative was his apparently and I think that has been very good. I suppose time will tell, what are your thoughts? Have you met Damian, is he worth the reputedly high wages?

This is all speculation of course and it will be interesting to see the outcome.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

The rumour mill is certainly on over drive at the moment! Social media and other sites discussing Irvine and Rodders as well. Maybe a change at the top is needed (as in Rodders) but don't see anything to be gained by releasing Irvine. So far his work from the outside looking in, seems fine. Wages if reports are correct, are high, but raising the profile of Notts is a difficult job!!!

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

I suppose we just have to wait and see. Maybe the club is preparing for League Two - do you really need a Commercial Director and CEO at that level? The best Commercial Director in the world won't convince most people to pay 24 quid to watch us play Dagenham & Redbridge. On the other hand, Mr Irvine's main task was supposed to be to bring in non-football-related revenue, in which case he'd hopefully pay for himself and make the club more sustainable.

Of course, it could just be the same suspects stirring it on social media.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I honestly believe Damian is worth his weight in gold.

It's a shame the club couldn't agree a flexible package whereby he earned more on his performance because I am 100% certain he could make the most of that. It might actually inspire him to bring more business into the club and it's just a shame because he is very active, not just on match days. I am in regular communication with away teams fans and there are not many who don't mention him in passing.

Myself, I felt we could go much further with him around and I am surprised it's being ended so soon.

You can't really judge someone on a short length, however with Damian I think you can because he's introduced a heck of a lot of things and he is someone who worked very hard for the club. You could only wish for the same from some of the players!

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

I honestly believe Damian is worth his weight in gold.

At the current price of gold (37,000 dollars per kilo) that would make him worth 2 million pounds, assuming he weighs around 80 kg. If that's per year, he's definitely worth holding onto.

I think this rumour has been doing the rounds since the club advertised for a sales executive. However, looking at the ad it's a more junior role than Irvine's.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

I thought the situation had changed and he was now staying... I tell you this work lark is playing havoc with me keeping up to date

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I suppose we just have to wait and see. Maybe the club is preparing for League Two - do you really need a Commercial Director and CEO at that level? The best Commercial Director in the world won't convince most people to pay 24 quid to watch us play Dagenham & Redbridge. On the other hand, Mr Irvine's main task was supposed to be to bring in non-football-related revenue, in which case he'd hopefully pay for himself and make the club more sustainable.

Of course, it could just be the same suspects stirring it on social media.

If you refer to who I think you do, that J is a right clown and thank god we don't any wolfs in sheep clothing's here.

• Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

the article released by the club suggests this was never the case, mmm.

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Someone on the mailing list said they had spoke to him personally and been told he was leaving so it sounds as if there has been a u turn.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

I like him, I hope he doesn't go.

• Content Count:  904
  • Days Won:  3

Someone on the mailing list said they had spoke to him personally and been told he was leaving so it sounds as if there has been a u turn.

He shouldn't go telling people!!! I like him, he's a very friendly bloke but thats not the way to go about things. I'm sorry but he's playing into the fire and using the fans to take sides, completely unprofessional.

• Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  1

Nice guy and believe he works hard for the club. He should stay

Regards Al

You Pies!

Archived