Will we see more stability this upcoming season?

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Will we see more stability this upcoming season?

With all the changes, such as @erindoors taking over as the CEO, Damian Irvine's departure and of course Ricardo Moniz assembling much of his own squad, it makes me ponder if we will see more stability next season. Don't get me wrong, the foundations will always have to be accessed after relegation and I do personally think the footing for us will change into something more positive.

I am just trying engage what the current mood is and what the fans opinions are.

I wouldn't be so disheartened if next season we just focused on just rebuilding, provided we approached it in the sense of having a good go at League Two football. Under Moniz, we should see better football and on a more consistent level but I'm curious about how new players will settle, how much gates will impact the games, how much the background adjustments will take it's toll on the field. I'm not remotely worried but I very much want us to be a forward moving club and stability is the key.

If you read this, weigh up your gut feelings and join in the discussion.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I'm sad to say I'm feeling a bit pessimistic which is unlike me, the Damian Irvine affair is another example of cost cutting, in my opinion he did a good job.

In hindsight since we went down anyway I feel it would have been better to keep Derry or if we really had to sack him then keep a caretaker manager until the end of the season and then appoint a new one, it would give a boost to see a new manager join during the close season whether it be Moniz or someone else.

My mood hasn't been made better by my failure to secure my season ticket renewal yesterday in spite of spending the biggest part of the day on the phone and website, the organisation at the club is very poor and it makes me wonder if people will not bother to try as hard as I did and just give up.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

I would like to think so, but I doubt it. Not with trigger finger in charge, and Moniz doesn't seem to stick around long wherever he has been before.

I just read this article on the BBC: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32549408

Arguably the biggest stumbling block is that new positions are not often advertised. In many cases it seems there is no need. Notts County chairman Ray Trew says he receives calls from managers' agents before the previous incumbent has even been sacked.
When the manager is dismissed, the LMA says clubs can receive over 100 "serious" applications.

As a man who has made his money in recruitment, Trew sees the advantage in casting his net far and wide. At a time when there are questions about the number of black managers in the game, he has appointed four since taking over at the club in 2010.
"You have to plough through every CV because there may be one outstanding candidate you might not have considered," he says.

Trew, who has also dismissed seven managers in five years but has stuck with his latest boss Ricardo Moniz despite slipping into League Two, believes other clubs are not being as rigorous.

:lol:  :lol:  Oh the irony. 

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

If Notts have a successful season will it lead to Moniz being targeted by higher placed clubs and him leaving of his own accord ?

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,728
  • Days Won:  27

I think its more about progression and getting our footing back.

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

If Notts have a successful season will it lead to Moniz being targeted by higher placed clubs and him leaving of his own accord ?

That is a distinct possibility IF we have a successful season.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I think Moniz would honour his contract, the question is would the board permit him discussing terms with another club. If we start off well next year, show unity and get him tied down for a few more years. So, A) we have protection and B) it builds on our stability.

I have confidence in him, so if we do have some success from his reign at least make sure we are compensated for it.

• Content Count:  4,728
  • Days Won:  27

That is a distinct possibility IF we have a successful season.

Well we need to ensure we approach games in the right manner, first year may be difficult.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  77
  • Days Won:  0

I doubt it but I hope so, heaven knows we need it.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  106

I don't think we'll have stability soon; I see Moniz as more of a transitional appointment, someone who is changing everything about the team and bringing a new brand of football to meadow lane.I don't think through this us fans will be seeing stability for the first half season, but everything will get into gear eventually as long as Moniz sticks around. Stability will come at the end of the season in my eyes.

• Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

They've probably got him on speed dial @Super_Danny_Allsopp  :lol:

Success and stability go hand in hand. If Moniz manages to get last season's losers and the new arrivals winning on a regular basis, I'm sure he will be given time. For all the managers we've sacked in recent years, I haven't disagreed with many, indeed Shaun Derry should probably have been given his marching orders sooner. Our problem has been appointing the right one.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  381

I don't think we'll have stability soon; I see Moniz as more of a transitional appointment, someone who is changing everything about the team and bringing a new brand of football to meadow lane.I don't think through this us fans will be seeing stability for the first half season, but everything will get into gear eventually as long as Moniz sticks around. Stability will come at the end of the season in my eyes.

Exactly, I hope it is not the case though.

We need to let all the fragments settle, it does not help that the club are hell bent on making poor decisions. The appointment of the SLO for example, I never fancied that guy to succeeded because his ego is bigger than his head & belly combined. The dismissal of SD right towards the back of the season completely mindless and such a huge gamble! Moniz was a shot to save us up, yet mind more with the mind that we would get support behind him.

I think real stability is a few years a way myself, perhaps at the end of this season but a lot needs to settle.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,465
  • Days Won:  5

Stability is one of them words which does not quite describe what is required.

I know that the majority just want to see us progress but football is not always like that. Yes stability helps to gain promotion, as much as having money or a good squad does but stability is not just the answer to our problems. How many clubs that appear safe struggle from time to time? Quite a few but at the end of the day it is about time Notts just quit interfering. Leave things to pan out.

• Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

@NCRichie lol!!!! how i so agree with you.  :lol: 

i think the fact that nobody really knows where they stand, it does show how we need some form of stability. i just hate seeing us being a laughing stock, if the munto matter was not enough we now have repeated sacking and only 1 manager since to narrowly make it past a full year. not even a season! please can we just get some now.

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,895
  • Days Won:  5

I am actually thinking we may, it seems we are going about things quietly and smartly. If we get the right players in now, we may have stability which bodes well with a return to the league above this.

Archived