Changes at ML

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

The Board of Directors of Notts County can confirm a major restructure behind the scenes here at Meadow Lane ahead of the new campaign…

The first notable change is a new addition to the Board of Directors.  

Luke Negus-Hill joins the Board as Chief Operations Officer (COO) and will have hands on role in assisting Aileen Trew in the day-to-day management of the business.  

There will be further additions to the Board over the coming weeks, as the Club want to strengthen both teams on and off the pitch, in an attempt to regain its League 1 status at the first attempt.

Notts County Chairman Ray Trew added: “We are delighted to welcome Luke on to the Board of Directors here at Meadow Lane.  

“Luke has worked alongside me since 1997 and he is CEO in a number of my other business interests. He will be a valuable addition to the Board.â€

In addition, the club would like to welcome Richard Cokayne into a new role of Head of Commercial and Events.  

Richard has stepped up into this position following the departure of Damian Irvine.  

The Board has felt for a long time now that these two departments should be amalgamated and they feel that Richard has the credentials to lead this team onwards and upwards.   

As a direct result of this change, Patrick Conway also steps up from being one of the clubs duty managers into now Head of Catering & Events. Patrick has shown that he is now ready for this new challenge. There will also be further additions to Commercial and Events Team over the pursuing weeks.

The club can also confirm that both Mark Huckerby and Trevor Hutchinson, will take on much more responsibility around Meadow Lane.  Mark who is currently the Clubs Senior Fire Officer will now also take on the responsibility of stadium maintenance and compliance, whilst Trevor will take up the role of Head Groundsman following the recent resignation of Greg Smith. The Club is also looking to recruit a number of new staff in these key areas.

The club would like to wish all five members of staff well in their new roles, as we look to work together to continue to move Notts County forwards both on and off the pitch. 

To try and take the positives, the bit in bold sounds decent. 

Not so sure about appointing another Trew-ite into the club. 

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Nothing major, seems pretty standard to me with the hint of promise that we may see further news.

I really hope the club can issue a rallying call for promotion back to League One, as I feel we need that to be our focus but as I have been saying all over, I wouldn't be disappointed if we missed out provided we had a footing on the league and keep building. Stability is what we require to become an attractive club, so cup success next season will be vastly important. We need to make sure Meadow Lane is the ground lower league players want to play at, that Notts County is a club that represents a perfect opportunity to the right players.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Any changes in the board room goes right over my head to be honest, I'm not particularly interested in who is appointed behind the scenes I just want a successful football team on the pitch for once.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  686
  • Days Won:  0

I thought for a second Aileen had stepped down already. It must be a very demanding job for her and all club personnel. Good luck to them!

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  310

I also thought she had stepped down, the titles are very similar. CEO and COO, what is a COO??? By that I mean 'Chief Operations Officer'

Supporter+

Chief Operations Officer is a fancy title, what does it actually mean?

• Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

not remotely interested in this to be honest.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

Chief Operations Officer is a fancy title, what does it actually mean?

Probably bin man knowing job titles these days  :lol:

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It sounds like some sort of assistant role to @erindoors.

Probably a more senior role to help out with the daily events of Meadow Lane, I read somewhere he was Damian Irvine's replacement though. If this is the case, why does he have a different title?

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

try and take the positives, the bit in bold sounds decent. 

Not so sure about appointing another Trew-ite into the club. 

I think you forgot that it is all in bold!  :lol: 

If they know them, surely it makes sense to approach people you trust?

• Content Count:  20

Why not build a board who can help with investment rather than hiring people with fancy titles? Notts should keep it simple.

Supporter+

Why not build a board who can help with investment rather than hiring people with fancy titles? Notts should keep it simple.

Why not build a board who can help with investment rather than hiring people with fancy titles? Notts should keep it simple

Yes I think I would be a bit more excited if that was the case.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

As Aileen seems to have little to no experience as a CEO, she can't really step straight into Rodders' shoes. Hence the COO.

The other bloke appears to be replacing Damien Irvine. Judging by the swift appointment, Irvine's departure has been on the cards for a while.

Any investors will presumably want to speak to the head honcho, i.e. Ray Trew. That's fair enough.

The proof of the pudding will be in the eating. The board's job is to allow the team to flourish. Give him a decent budget to work with and enough time to put his ideas into action, and hope for the best.

• Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  1

This is the first time I've seen that we want league one promotion mentioned so I'm happy with that.

The club will need revenue from everywhere to push on this season as gate receipts will be hit hard so a stable board and ambitious new staff can only be a positive in my eyes.

Onwards and upwards

Regards Al

You Pies!

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

All we need is a winning formula on the pitch, then the fans would flock back and the club would find making money easier. What happened to actually having a board anyway? Why is Ray the only investor at the club? Surely we need this more than people in COO positions.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,895
  • Days Won:  5

I just hope it does allow us to get more investment or at least maximum the amount of money we take in.

Archived