LC 2nd round - Aston Villa (A)

Dripsey3

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  57
  • Days Won:  1

More game time we could do without IMO. We need to get out of League division 4 thru promotion not relegation!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

a hint of offside as Sinclair bags his 3rd... 4-3 to villa

• Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

Bennett now.... 5-3 ... the lads have done us proud! Robbed by a dodgy pen decision and then ran out of steam

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,004
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Sounds like the referee cost us a giant killing and one Villa fan from eating his hat.

No complaints really, our lads have done us proud and that's all what matters. Credit to the support too! Our fan base was superb tonight also.

COYP!

• Content Count:  30
  • Days Won:  0

Sounds as though we put in an excellent performance, now all we have to do is to transfer it to the league to get this season back on track.

COYP. 

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Notts fans certainly got their moneys worth! Pride restored. Need to build on this starting with Morecambe.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  2,894
  • Days Won:  229

What a game. What. A. Game.

However, at the risk of sounding negative, we had the exact same pride and feelgood feeling after the Liverpool game. Same amazing performance, same "taking them the distance" feel, same pride in the team. But now it's all about the league.

• Content Count:  23

I agree with you Joe. COYP! :)

• Content Count:  8

Well done for tonight lads.

I felt you deserves to progress further, the football I witnessed didn't look like lower tier football and I am openly impressed. Your supporters, immense and throughout. Myself and my friends got speaking to one of your fans, he mentioned PON. As far as I see, Notts County are the Pride of Nottingham. your a much nicer club than Forest (I hate them).

Good luck from here on.

UTV.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Quality prevailed in the end, at least Notts gave themselves a good account and almost made it to the third round.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

Did anyone here go? Would be good to hear a report. Sounds like we've got the quality, and hopefully Moniz is working out his best team with a number of the players who have been crticised recently being dropped.

I totally agree with @Joe Jones, I hope it isn't a one-off but a sign of things to come!

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  5

Thanks @Claret&Blue. My first visit to Villa and both sets of fans were brilliant last night. Fantastic match to watch with some superb goals. If we play like that in the league we should be ok. McLeod made a massive difference up front and when he's match fit he'll be banging in the goals. There were so many good performances last night but we still need someone to control the midfield and protect the defence. Dubious penalty given by the ref which cost us our progression in the cup. Financially lower league teams need these games!! Final mention to Jack Grealish for coming over to the Notts fans at the end to show his appreciation of his time with our club. He gave his boots to one lucky Notts fan.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,004
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

The bend on that third goal!

Ditto best goal of the night!

Also, without Jack, I think Villa would have been quite flat because even listening to the game it was all him driving 'em forward and creating assists...

What do you think folks? @Super_Danny_Allsopp ;)

• Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

That was never ever a penalty, I want the referee to explain where he came into contact with the player BEFORE he touched the ball therefore gained an unfair advantage.

Usual sh!te refereeing, the reaction of their player tells you it isn't a penalty.

Really proud of Notts and the performance we put in, lets hope we carry that performance into the league

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,655
  • Days Won:  89

That was never ever a penalty, I want the referee to explain where he came into contact with the player BEFORE he touched the ball therefore gained an unfair advantage.

Be interesting to see a different angle - but from that angle he doesn't seem to get the ball, but gets the player (slightly) 

• Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

Be interesting to see a different angle - but from that angle he doesn't seem to get the ball, but gets the player (slightly)

For me their lad only goes down due to the sudden halting of his run, he didn't even claim for it and looked as perplexed as Aborah with the refs decision

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,920
  • Days Won:  162

im very proud that we lead Villa twice after going a goal down against them. you cant get much better than that!

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

I Hold my Head high over here. The Villa fans and a few others now know who Notts County are!

Very proud of the Team today, but, We MUST Follow up on Sat V Morcombe

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  734
  • Days Won:  3

Well done Notts, some brilliant football played last night and the result is still respectable. We competed for over 90 minutes as the better of the two sides, so I am pleased.

• Content Count:  8

Thanks @Claret&Blue. My first visit to Villa and both sets of fans were brilliant last night. Fantastic match to watch with some superb goals. If we play like that in the league we should be ok. McLeod made a massive difference up front and when he's match fit he'll be banging in the goals. There were so many good performances last night but we still need someone to control the midfield and protect the defence. Dubious penalty given by the ref which cost us our progression in the cup. Financially lower league teams need these games!! Final mention to Jack Grealish for coming over to the Notts fans at the end to show his appreciation of his time with our club. He gave his boots to one lucky Notts fan.

Yes, I saw that from where I sat and it was a fitting tribute. He clearly likes Notts, which goes beyond just playing for you on loan.

• Content Count:  285

I think we have to be a little patient with Moniz and several of the players who are yet to settle. It should come together because yesterday was very entertaining and if it can't be this way, we have signed the wrong players.

I don't think this is the case though.

Archived