Match Discussion: Game 32 - The O's (A)

PON_News

Game 32 - The O's (A)

Team: Leyton Orient

Date: 18/02/17

Where: Brisbane Road

What line-up should Kevin Nolan opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

Supporter+

Last night was Orient's first win in 2017 and what a win it was. They seem to have adopted a more physical approach which is what they needed as they were a soft touch up to now. Their main threat is Gavin Massey. 3 in 2 games. Michael Collins will make his presence known in midfield. In all honesty, I expect Orient to try and boot Notts off the pitch, it won't be pretty I reckon. We need to start picking up points on the road. I'd take a draw if it were offered right now. 

It's going to be a tough game for both parties, however if Notts focus on keeping the ball on the ground we should do alright.

If Orient make us pick or choose our chances, with the play largely being fought out in the air - well we may struggle. I doubt Orient will play to defend and most likely @Dripsey3 is right about them wanting to be physical. Yet the product side for us would be to frustrate them, cards will come and if we play wisely - there's no reason why we couldn't hit them on the ground. Biggest question for us will be down to performance and motivation, the players need to get something here.

Despite Exeter almost turning us over (which would have been disastrous), I do feel we will edge the game.

We will need our own enforcers on the pitch who can break up play and let Orient know we are in town. Would Smith fit the bill here? Let him break play up and boss the midfield, assert his role solely as the collector who picks up the opposition attacks. I'm not sure Milson or O'Connor are the type we need to stamp a physical element on the game.

• Like 1

Supporter+

Eden Hazard kicked a ball boy and got 3 games. Kelly had been harshly treated. One rule for the big boys....

• Like 1

will be interesting to see how much of a difference it will make for leyton orient not to have their normal captain.

i doubt it will be our biggest blessing, tho i think there could be a high chance that there will be cards galore today and i just hope we can adapt to the scrap that is likely to happen. i think it will be 0-0. 

• Like 1

Good luck as always Notts !

• Like 1

I'm pleased with the first half, though I think we need to double the lead - Jorge Grant did well to put us 1-0.

We need to remain steady at the back, so getting a second would help soak up some of the pressure and allow us to play with a bit more confidence. Once Orient start tiring, throw on some pace Nolan and lets get ourselves a good result again. Notts on marching on! COYP!

Supporter+

Great result. The only concern is the defence. Having to score at least 2 every game is asking a lot. Mind you it's never boring.....

• Like 1

To be fair, in games like these you'll either see a tight contest and very few goals or what we did today.

It sounded like our width was causing us more problems, very limited support from midfield (going off comments and the radio). There's little negatives with the result or performance because we got what matters and that's the win. Confidence should now be returning to a new high, so hopefully this will be the moment when we can look back and say 'safety was secured here'. A few more good wins and this shouldn't be a question - though I do feel for Newport and Orient who seem quite doomed.

• Like 2

Crawley, Cheltenham and now Leyton Orient, all big wins for Notts.

Poor teams but all showed some fighting spirit, maybe not so much Cheltenham but they moved the ball around well. Big test is about to come but I feel we have more structure under Nolan. He is doing well and credit must fall equally on his and the players shoulders. I feel quite proud to be a Notts again, the lads are showing the spirit we have wanted to see all season. Well done Notts!

• Like 1