It's quite commonly expressed to me now at games and during conversations, it would seem the interest in the lady pies is decreasing in interest from the majority of core Notts fans.

For me, I like following and keeping tabs on them.

I actually think it's a shame that this seasons politics allowed them to become substandard, with a lack of quality signings and then a panic transfer deadline - I do think they've suffered. Yet there's a good following that adapt both the men's team and ladies. I'm hoping that they can revive interest and opinion under Alan Hardy, as it's good for us that we have a ladies team IMO.

Where do you stand on the subject? Do you care?

Firstly, I'm not a keen watcher of women's football. I just miss the power and athleticism I'm used to seeing in the men's game, so it's hard for me to judge it in its own right. But women and girls should be given more opportunities to play football - if that happens, standards will rise on their own.

Unfortunately our ladies' team is political due to the circumstances of its formation. Taking an established team away from Lincoln is hard to stomach as a football fan. If Lincoln LFC couldn't have joined the Women's Super League under the existing rules they should have played in the second division instead and continued to serve their own community.

All that said, it's hard not to smile when you see our club rubbing shoulders with the big clubs and four Notts County players in the England squad for Euro 2017. It's just a shame it wasn't achieved under different circumstances.

In my opinion they are doing better than the men's team with less money and support. We are in a era where women are becoming just as good as men. Not only football but in wrestling for example and athletics that's the tip of the ice berg. When was the last time you saw a man from county play for England ? The answer not for a long time. It's time these ladies got the respect and praise they deserve. So no we can't live with out them they represent the club against Man City arsenal ladies and they hold there own they do better than the males.  

@Dripsey3: Are Notts still the only ladies team to play at their own venue (rather than a Non-League ground)?

I'm surprised more isn't done but the season tickets and value within the ladies game speaks volumes. I hope peoples interest renews because they are a part of our club, so hopefully they'll get the same support one day.

I am very much in favour of the women's game, because football is the biggest sport in the world, and the national sport of this country, so it's just fair to have girls in this country - worldwide, ideally - growing up to have relatable football role models of their own, and potentially get into the game themselves and make a career of it.

That said, Notts County Ladies continue to get a mixed reception among Notts fans. Aside from the MK Dons-style creation, which is a very sour point because franchising is not something that should happen in football, the issue with NCL is that, with Notts having done so poorly prior to Alan Hardy's arrival, they became at best an unwanted distraction, at worst a scapegoat in face of all the problems at Meadow Lane.

Ideally, for women's football to truly grow and prosper, clubs should either be something that has been nurtured within the community and have its own self-sufficient support (which Lincoln was/had, but Notts was/had not), or affiliates to big teams with plenty of support, so they would get plenty of exposure and drum in support from the many fans that support the men's team (ie Liverpool, Man City, Arsenal and Chelsea - unbelievable that Man United don't).

With the Notts men's team having been in dire straights for years, currently in the bottom tier of the EFL, being the smaller of the two city clubs, little global reach and not getting many fans through the gates (I mean, 6-7k at the minute is brilliant for us, but I'm thinking your 30+k of bigger clubs), it's hardly a springboard for a women's team to utilise, and then when you factor in the contentious creation of the women's club, it all makes for an entity that will probably struggle to gain much ground and potentially even struggle to be "accepted".

I know this is all a bit brutal, but I really don't think Notts County deserve a ladies' club. I want it to become truly successful, but I don't think it will be. For its own good, I would be happy to see it transferred back to Lincoln, where I would hope the fans would welcome it again with open arms (though I'm not sure if they could, given how it was taken from them four years ago).

I think the Ladies team have been a positive addition to the Notts County name.  I've only watched them once in the league and once in the FA Cup final at Wembley, but I think they have done a good job in raising the overall club profile.  

Not for me unfortunately. I tried to watch them once (in the cup final on TV), but had to switch it off after 20 minutes as the standard was so poor.
I hope Hardy can make a go of it as he does coach girls football, so I believe he will try, but once they get relegated I think that will be the end of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I share  @upthepies view.I check Notts Ladies and Ewe Rams results regularly but they don't really grab my attention.The standard of play does seem to be improving though.

On 17/04/2017 at 15:26, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

I have absolutely 0 interest in any women's team, Notts/Lincoln included, therefore don't really care if they are there or not.

However, should the Ladies team impact Notts financially, then I would prefer for them to go back to Lincoln, or disbanded, or whatever...

Looks like you've got your 'disbanded' wish:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39667392

I think this discussion may have caused offence to the lady pies and certain fans, certainly the timing isn't good but I hoped it would create a discussion which may encourage support. I think I'm on of the few who are quite disappointed about the abandonment, however I don't blame Alan Hardy - if he can't afford to sustain it then its hard to find fault. Really more questions should be asked about how a club that makes 28k per season, is allowed to run up debts of much higher.

The people governing the ladies game must get up-to-date with how clubs are being ran.

If its true that money is pumped in from the mens game, then this should be ruled out as impractical.

Otherwise I can see the WSL becoming worse off and ran by the Elite Premier League teams - with Birmingham, Doncaster all struggling to keep up.

48 minutes ago, UnitedPie said:

I'm sorry but the fact people don't care bout the women is disrespectful... cause the men are so much better I'm sick of men side not giving a dam ... or always in the relegation...!and they fold the women ...!total joke 

why is it disrespectful? The women's team was just plonked in place because we were a league team. We have no affinity with them sadly as they were from Lincoln. We had a women's team, based in Linby, but they lost out as they got replaced by the Lincoln team, did you have any issues with them losing their team and club?

Had you been watching, you'd realise the men do give a damn, we're no where near the relegation places and things are looking up. The reason for our recent battles with relegation and why the women's team folded was the Trew's. They nearly killed the men's team (world's oldest professional football club) and succeeded in killing the women's club in my opinion by running them into the ground. Spending £500K a year in outrageous when you only take £28K at the gate

This often quoted 28K income figure is a load of rubbish.  It simply refers to what Alan Hardy projected the gate income and sponsorship would be.  There is a £70,000 FA grant to be added, plus income for those players with a central contract with the England squad, and probably more.  If Hardy has decided that the Ladies team are a drain on his finances that he isn't prepared to tolerate then he is quite within his rights to pull the plug.  I just wish he had done it in a more professional and dignified way and avoided the half-truths and misinformation in the statement he issued.  Surely that's the least someone losing their job deserves.

9 minutes ago, Elite_pie said:

This often quoted 28K income figure is a load of rubbish.  It simply refers to what Alan Hardy projected the gate income and sponsorship would be.  There is a £70,000 FA grant to be added, plus income for those players with a central contract with the England squad, and probably more.  If Hardy has decided that the Ladies team are a drain on his finances that he isn't prepared to tolerate then he is quite within his rights to pull the plug.  I just wish he had done it in a more professional and dignified way and avoided the half-truths and misinformation in the statement he issued.  Surely that's the least someone losing their job deserves.

I get what your saying Elite, though he appeared on BBC Nottingham East Midlands quite openly - I'm aware of some of the politics behind the scenes (which I am not one to repeat). Though people are asking questions of Alan Hardy, but few are wondering about Ray Trew?

The grim thought is that if Notts hadn't been purchased, this would have happened to both clubs.

Which leaves me to believe this is the real reason as to why the club wasn't very 'marketable' and of course the UK Hedge fund that quoted it needed larger investment. Your right about the dignified approach, it seems it hasn't been the case but it's not all his mess.

Archived