Match Discussion: Game 32 - The Bees (A)

PON_News

Game 32 - The Bees (A)

Team: Barnet

Date: 10/02/18

Where: The Hive Stadium

What line-up should Kevin Nolan opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

I don't think we should be looking at their league position and thinking that this game will be easy, I suspect Barnet will make it difficult from the off and I can see them pressuring us. I would hope that we just show character and, try to get a result.

This is very much a game whereby we would need 3 points but I'd accept a draw (I know we need more than 1pt).

I just don't see the game being straight forward that's all.

• Like 1

We have to go for 3 points but Barnet have a new boss and it would be typical for us to come unstuck. I would play Bennett with Stead and hope that Tootle and Hewit are both fit. 

If we don’t push on from here we could start slipping down the table now that our rivals have closed up on us. Let’s just hope all the results go for us this weekend and we can start to pull away again.

5 minutes ago, Truefootballfan said:

We have to go for 3 points but Barnet have a new boss and it would be typical for us to come unstuck. I would play Bennett with Stead and hope that Tootle and Hewit are both fit. 

If we don’t push on from here we could start slipping down the table now that our rivals have closed up on us. Let’s just hope all the results go for us this weekend and we can start to pull away again.

Coventry - Accrington, Exeter - Wycombe and Swindon - Mansfield this weekend so it's massive that we win

• Like 1

Fitzsimmons, Tootle, Brisley, Hall, Jones, Hawkridge, Husin, Noble / Hewitt (depends on illness), Grant, Ameobi, Bennett.

I've left Jon Stead & Richard Duffy out purely to give him a rest before the Crawley game.

I have no faith that Fitzsimmons will play but for me he's the better keeper and also Collin doesn't look properly fit yet.

Edited by Northants Pie

Barnet don't set themselves up to entertain or thrill, they're quite defensive and patient on the ball.

I can honestly see this ending up as a 1-1 draw.

It will take a strong performance of Notts to get them on the ropes and, for us to have fun in terms of creating chances. I just think both teams will struggle to take hold of the game. Scrappy draw, but I hope to be surprised in a good way.

Going to the game tomorrow with the little lad, first time in a while I've been & will be able to go to most games in a month.

Barnet need to win desperately so I think their style will suit us tomorrow, hopefully Tuesday's performance will be banished by a return to the Crewe last 80 minutes performance.

Will keep this thread updated at half & full time

• Like 1

Collin, Tootle, Brisley, Duffy, Jones, Alessandra, Husin, Hewit, Grant, Stead, Bennett.

We have 3 very winnable games between today and next Saturday and to get us back on track we need to achieve it. However, it was the same over Christmas and we fell way short....... come on lads do us proud. 

******* terrible! Feel sorry for the Notts fans that traveled after a pasting on TV to be dealt that load of ****. Out-fought and out battled in the first half. Only improved in the 2nd because Barnet gave up.

Won't give detailed marks but something like this out of 10:

3 - Ameobi. 
2 - Collin, Milsom, Husin, Forte, Jones
1- Grant, Tootle, Brisley, Duffy
-10 : Hawkridge. Waste of a ******* shirt. 

Nolan - 1 - ******* awful. No fight, no quality, no idea. Don't want to hear any excuses after that ****. 

Feel sorry for Bennett, looks like his hamstring has gone. 

This side ain't getting us promoted. 

Start of the bin-list for the end of the season: Hawkridge, Dickinson, Walker, Duffy

For those that had the fortune of not going, not only did you miss a performance worse than Swansea you also missed the quite frankly moronic few in our crowd, honestly some people need to get a proper understanding of football before they start opening their gobs, one particular Woman whom I moved away from as she was driving me to distraction.

Ratings 

Collin 5,

Jones 5 

Brisley 5

Duffy 4

Tootle 5

Grant 7 At least he tried to get us going 

Milsom 4

Husin 4

Hwakridge 4

Forte 5

Ameobi 5

Noble 6

Walker 4

Bennet n/a

As a team 1, we looked like a bunch of strangers to scared to get wet & muddy, at least when Noble came on he snapped into a couple of challenges, missed Jon Stead massively.

We have been well & truly found out, teams know we have absolutely no pace and play far to rigidly.

The referee -10, booked our players for anything and let them get away with numerous bad and dangerous tackles. Then to top it all off let them take an offside from 10 yards in OUR half!!

i dont think we should overreact we only lost 1-0.

i do think the players need to improve and kn needs to accept his part in this. people have said that he does not change things and theres no accountability during games, first half sounded dire but kn waits until half time to try and address it? i just think its disappointing.

we have the ability to gain promotion and the inner fighting is leading to the instability imo. 

15 minutes ago, liampie said:

i dont think we should overreact we only lost 1-0.

i do think the players need to improve and kn needs to accept his part in this. people have said that he does not change things and theres no accountability during games, first half sounded dire but kn waits until half time to try and address it? i just think its disappointing.

we have the ability to gain promotion and the inner fighting is leading to the instability imo. 

He didn't wait till half time mate, no player gave a toss yesterday, its as simple as that