Have we bottled it?

ARLukomski

I have heard the interview , but missed the part about back chat , that shows a bad attitude for me , having an opinion is fine in its place , but if the manager is saying this and that in a game plan setting go out and do your job end of , is that how it was ??? Don't know if we have bottled it myself time will tell , we need to get back at it and quick , to many teams in form around us .

How do we know what was said to Kevin wasn't valid feedback? @Who r ya?? You Pies!! - does anyone really think Kevin Nolan didn't speak back to his managers, especially knowing full well what type of a player he was? He got sent off for swearing at referees at times. Good player, decent manager but we'll know just how good he is by focusing properly now and ensuring it doesn't mess the progress up.

We are bottling it big time now, KN and the players have hit the self-destruct button and today's 'post match meltdown' will only make things worse.

People need to accept what hasn't worked and, find a way to try to keep the progress going.

I've voiced the opinion since pre-Christmas - and been shouted down as a 'moaner/not a true supporter' - that I feared we had some real defensive problems and said that we had (on occasions) been VERY LUCKY (rather than SKILLFUL) to come out with wins/draw through the skin of our teeth, this Season.

This, then. left me 'wondering/fearful', if hopes of promotion-talk, would see us going up to League 1 - ONLY to be flounced right back down again because (quite frankly, atm) WE'RE JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH? 

FORTY EIGHT YEARS of this Notts County 'support' has left me, NOT ungrateful/happy/ecstatic/overjoyed/gutted/disappointed with the 'up's/down's' but (I'm afraid) super-weary when it comes to (early) 'promotion' talk and high-riding in League 2: when it's quite clear to me from witnessing each week, there are REAL ON-PITCH 'problems'!

I don't believe either, that it's (as yet) any time (as has been suggested tonight) to be talking about Management change!

On the contrary, when KN has clearly been constantly bolstering the players egos after DIRE performances we've ALL seen - with what I believe, too, have been 'matey' picks for Team Selection (rather than WHAT'S NEEDED/NECESSARY); I'm over-the-moon to see that today - after an unfunny 'joke' performance - he's FINALLY called them all out! 

NOW, it's time to see who DOESN'T make the cut for Tuesday...

Grant (45 minutes "in" a match just isn't 'working' for me!);

Collins (clearly NOT match fit and goals against him this week alone, MUST be killing any confidence he previously had!);

Duffy (have you actually heard his 'on-pitch "inspirational chat to younger players?" ((DISGUSTING - particlarly when he's NOT 'all that', hissen!)) and

I'd make one of the Senior players - Stead or Shola - (temporary) Captain for the remainder of the season! (They 'guide' younger players on the pitch, week-in, week-out, anyway!) 

Forte NEEDS to be given full matches. He's either 'in' and working hard for a win; but how do we know if he's continually given (only) the last 4 minutes of every game? His pace could actually 'make a difference' to us, I believe, when we have such a lot of donkeys who (clearly) aren't running for shiz. 

I truly hope KN MEANS what he says. If not, I believe it's continue in League 2 UNTIL this Team gets back to basics and EARNS a place for pronotion, with confidence, consistency and woop-ass play!

I think automatic is off the cards, based on current form and injuries. Yesterday was very annoying and for them to not listen to managers instructions is silly. Play offs are not out the question though but with better teams around us who are scoring for fun (Wycombe, Swindon, Newport) it’s hard to match them with goals they score. 

I think this was a result that will define our season. A draw wouldn't have been disastrous, but to lose in the 93rd minute to a team that were comfortably and deservedly bottom is a result that's hard to come back from. Seeing that performance and our recent performances, it doesn't look like we can compete with the teams around us. The best we can hope for is the playoffs but unless we improve drastically even then we have no chance of making it to Wembley.

Oh my how quick the tide turns , is this not the ups and downs of a league 2 side in league 2 season ? It's the same team that WAS fighting with tenacity into injury time to gain a point or three , they have for some weeks not been doing that true to say , and KN thus far has stood up for them , get the game plan across deliver it end of , is KN just blaming the players as a get out for his part in it ? I'll answere that it's an emphatic no just telling it how it was , we are out of form big time , now the question is can he/they turn it around again , we'll have to wait and see .

Most of the players look just plain lazy, can't be ar$ed, not up for it, ball watching, always second to the ball.  What has changed?  The industry of Yates was infectious, Hewitt has shown his worth but without him and Stead yesterday there was no energy in the team.  No one is getting a foot in, closing down, making runs.  Nolan needs to get a rocked up their ar$$es and give them a couple of weetabix..

Being safe when we got to the 50 point mark on Jan 1st..  

Everyone knows that we clawed our way to the end of December. We all breathed a sigh of relief when the January window opened and started to anticipate some significant signings that would drive us on to promotion and set a basis for league 1. The days went by, the weeks went by....NOTHING..

February 1st came, our rivals had all signed players that would make a difference. We signed players that would add to the squad as cover for what we already had. No game changers no significant improvements. Significantly no one to score goals REGULARLY and no defensive marshall to organise and drive us on to promotion and beyond.

The season is by no means over, we are still in a great position to push on - and by Christ I hope we do. But for that little bit of extra initiative things could be so much rosier. 

Don’t get me wrong I am not having a pop at anyone, Alan Hardy has put his money where his mouth is and we should all be grateful. I have seen it all during the past 60 years. The ups, mostly the downs, but we are Notts County we should all know the script by now! That 17000 crowd a couple of weeks ago will seem like a distant memory come tomorrow night I fear....  but never mind, most of us don’t know when enough is enough.... as my wife says “you must all be bloody crackers”. Crackers maybe, but when the black & white runs through your veins what can you do but suck it up and carry on.    Come on Notts.  On we go again  !!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

Bump... I definitely think the Chesterfield game has dealt a huge blow in terms of our promotion prospects. To lose in such a whimpering manner, against a side in the bottom two... I guess you could point to a ) the TV camera curse b ) local derby c ) away from home d ) relegation battler wanting it more than us - but all in all that was substandard for Notts. I think a playoff spot is the best we can hope for now.

I'm inclined to believe we'll be fine no matter what the outcome.

I would be disappointed if we missed out on the play-offs, as I would if we do bottle it but we are Notts County - we are never a plain sailing club. It's always the difficult route with us but we'll be stronger for it. Lets just get these games over and compare where we finish, if we manage to stay inside the play-offs its for us to raise to the challenge. The players need to work harder though and KN needs to think carefully.

I don’t think we have bottled it because I agree with many other comments that we had obvious issues before January. The problem is we came out of January weaker than we entered it, and we have been found out. The bottom line is we lack pace up front so too often balls are just lumped up top. There is no plan B because KN will not play Forte who has pace. The defence have improved under Nolan but Brisley/Hall apart it is the same keeper and defence who were so poor last season. We still have a decent chance of play-offs and then anything can happen. Whichever division we are in next season there must be an overhaul. 

Archived