Do you think Notts will win the league?

ARLukomski

The squad looks good on paper but much depends on if the players can get a good run going. Performances will also play a big part in the season, so I think promotion is very likely but winning the league seems somewhat unknown.

I would say 2nd or 3rd ATM.

Yes I think we will, the key thing for us though is keeping players fit. Dennis at the moment is looking doubtful to be starting the season. I think we have had the best recruitment in the league this window. Disappointed with some of the other teams which I thought were going to splash the cash a bit. Lincoln, MK Dons being two of these teams. Mansfield didn't look good at all losing a few players until they signed Tyler Walker who I think will be the leagues top goalscorer next year. Only thing were lacking is a goalkeeper with league experience but Nolan thinks he can develop Fitz and Pindroch to both be league keepers. Glad we got rid of all our dead wood because that meant we could use the wages on new signings etc. Top 7 looks like this for me.

1. Notts County

2. MK Dons

3. Mansfield Town

-

4. Lincoln City

5. Bury

6. Stevenage

7. Tranmere 

Key will be as to how quick this team gels. If we are in the top 4, or 5 at Christmas, I would expect us to get promoted in the top 3. The nagging doubt is if they don't knit together as we expect them to. I think keeping the back four intact could be our biggest benefit.

i think we will be up there but im not sure we will win the league, i think those that seem to expecting us to run a way with the league are setting themselves up for disappointment. take things as they come, but i do think promotion is likely.

For me we have no guts in midfield, no ball winner, asking a lot of our defence, think we will finish just outside the playoff's, unless we rectify the problem in January, hope i am wrong though.

It's going to be a task but I feel the squad is good enough.

I think Kevin Nolan will need to ensure that all the players are focused and, whoever captains the squad on the field focuses on getting the squad playing how they should be (without bullying anyone). Kristian Dennis, Kane Hemmings and Jon Stead will be big players for us, but we need to be focused and organised. If the creativity does come, we have goals throughout the squad and should be more than capable of gaining promotion.

Rather than failing to strengthen come January, we should use this time to enforce the weak areas and if this is done right we should be up there.

3 hours ago, macpie said:

For me we have no guts in midfield, no ball winner, asking a lot of our defence, think we will finish just outside the playoff's, unless we rectify the problem in January, hope i am wrong though.

agree with Macpie... Hewitt is a ball winner in a way but his passing distribution is hopeless and concedes possession too easily. We are set up to keep hold of the ball, we have nothing to fear but if we are wasteful in possession, play offs is the best we can hope for.

Supporter+

I’m too long in the tooth and have seen too many disappointing seasons to be certain of anything. On paper we’ve made some good signings and should do well but I agree with @liampie let’s not set ourselves up for a fall. It’s a long season and a lot can happen, we could have injuries to key players, the manager could be lured away (god forbid), who knows what this season holds let’s just enjoy it and see what happens.

Good squads and momentum win leagues.

Good individual players and a manager who understands the division helps a lot too. I think Notts have the latter two parts of the criteria. Momentum will be a big part of the season for Notts, winning key games and avoiding dropped points too.

I think there's a good chance the title could be claimed by the club.

Winning the league would be a big achievement even for the squad that is being assembled by Notts. I would feel that we are able to compete with the better teams but I am nervous about the defence. I think once the season starts, things will come together well.

On 23/07/2018 at 17:50, macpie said:

If the club can replicated last seasons form with these better players, I think playoff's or higher is a big possibility. I am concerned myself about the defence.

For me it's more I hope Notts wins the league.

The success that could be built on from doing so could push Notts back to being a Championship club down the line, as Nolan is showing a good understanding of League Two football. The more time we have to use the ball, the better the quality we have will shine. I think it's a very promising time to be a Notts fan. 

Archived