I am slightly worried

ARLukomski

The defence seems a bit dodgy and we've got no more games to be able to correct the mistakes. Next week is the real thing. Conceding 3 against Basford and Carlton combined is worrying, no disrespect to them. We need another goalkeeper as well just for competition. 

Hewitt and Tootle look overweight

I know it's only pre-season but does anyone else feel slightly concerned.

have you gone to the luton friendly?

the last update says its 0-0 that sounds promising, i think it always takes time for things to settle and for players to get back into the swing of things. jon stead looks better this pre season.

Just now, liampie said:

have you gone to the luton friendly?

the last update says its 0-0 that sounds promising, i think it always takes time for things to settle and for players to get back into the swing of things. jon stead looks better this pre season.

It finished 2-0. No I didn't go

Notts have not looked to improve on from Duffy despite it being obvious that he is prone to making mistakes, I felt he looked pretty chubby but the whole defence has the habit of switching off.

Let's face it whatever happens we won't be anywhere near the relegation.

I think form should improve, but I would like to see another centre back come in. I don't think there's much else to worry about but Ross Fitzimons needs a push too - he looks nervous in training (from videos I have seen).

I don't think we should solely worry about the defence.

I am worried. Lets put this into facts. We've scored 2 goals against proper league opposition in pre-season. We have conceded 10. My worry is this, we are playing good football and I like to see that but this has been a disappointing pre season in my opinion. For starters Stead our backup striker has gotten more minutes than either Hemmings or Dennis, I understand there was an injury involved but why would we buy injured players? I dunno Im just not convinced at the moment still think we need more time to gel. Our starting 11 for the league IE our best 11 have yet to start together and all play together. 

Naivety again in thinking we have a decent goalkeeper. We buy two of the highest combined scorers in League 2 last season and we play them in different games. How on Earth will they develop a partnership if they don’t play together ! 

I hope I am wrong but Kevin looked severely rattled after today’s game !

Supporter+

I must admit it is slightly worrying that we’ve conceded so many goals in our pre season games, however I’ve witnessed very good pre season results in the past but very poor league results when the season starts and vice versa so let’s not get too down hearted before a ball is kicked in anger.

Well i was at the Luton game, and once again the defence is not my worry, let me explain once again a defence is only as good as what's in front of it, our midfield is powder puff, mr Vaughan giving the ball away yet again for their first goal, as he did against Derby and Leicester, for me he is too small and too old, imo.

Defence is a worry ..both Central and full backs...Luton had us stretched. Fitzsimons coming in for unfair criticism as Duffy and Brisley were not winning the headers that they would be expected too.

Yes, Vaughan gave the ball away again but some of the passes to him should not have been made. I have said before, we needed a midfielder a la Bish / O'Connor, Vaughan a neat player but too lightweight for a L2 bruising.

If a change in playing style is the aim, I have seen little in terms of coaching to really get us prepared for the season. At Luton, we were pretty clueless when in possession

You can not expect the constant pressure our back four go through with out conceding goals, they did fine until the second half when mr perfect gave the ball away (again), how many times did our midfield get us into Luton's half, Kane Hemmings might as well stopped in the dressing room for how many times he got the ball.

8 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

Yes, Vaughan gave the ball away again but some of the passes to him should not have been made. I have said before, we needed a midfielder a la Bish / O'Connor, Vaughan a neat player but too lightweight for a L2 bruising.

I do think Vaughan will come good.

The players have appeared disinterested in the friendlies, if you look at the training pictures they look knackered. Maybe they are being pushed too hard?

Notts have always blamed the weaknesses on the wrong area for me.

We have strengthened all departments but haven't done so much with the defence, Brisley is the best centre back at the club. I would partner him with Hall but the defending needs to be responsible. They don't press or mark, just sit back.

Archived