Why the meltdown?

AmericanPie

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I don't understand why people are worried only two games into the season.

Fans are giving the owner grief on Twitter, he's reacting negatively and all this feel good factor feels like poison again. So why the meltdown?

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

It’s absolutely ridiculous the way some fans react after two games, I find it quite depressing reading twitter so I just don’t bother most of the time, people seem to want instant success and if things are going their way they get abusive and start slagging off the owner/manager/other fans etc.

• Content Count:  12,939
  • Days Won:  162

some fans just let their hearts rule their heads.

which shows imo what kind of fans the club has to deal with at times, once you have your moan you would think they would calm down but some just enjoy seeing negativity thrive within the community. its beyond pathetic, its a joke.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

I blame social media and how fans these days want instant success.

They have seen we have signed some quality players, some that are the best in the league and they expect to be winning every match. It don't work like that, the saddest thing is how some claim everyone who has a point or an opinion is negative. Get over it, people have thoughts but those that meltdown are obvious, half of their opinions are stupid to say the least.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

People react differently, just ignore them.

I have been accused of it in the past, the thing is those that do this type of behaviour are the main offenders. We all enjoy discussing Notts, most fans do care and want to see the club do better. Some on the other hand just moan for the sake of it, they want to be noticed and that's sad IMO.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  739
  • Days Won:  3

41 minutes ago, Wilfordpie said:

Some fans and I say this loosely, just enjoy creating drama.

This...

Some and its a growing number just enjoy creating meltdowns for the attention and quick buzz from it.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,524
  • Days Won:  9

It's modern day football, fans don't like losing.

All it takes is for one person to be a downer and it spreads like wildfire. Some fans are a joke, especially those who change their opinions like a yoyo.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Crushed optimism.

Look I feel people deserve to express themselves, I know some do seem to enjoy Notts struggling but sod them. Focus on the people who are behind the club but let's not treat everyone as a moaner or negative fan, some people really do just have their say and for the most part it helps them. We do need to learn to balance expectations I feel.

• Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+
6 hours ago, CliftonMagpie said:

I blame social media and how fans these days want instant success.

Yes you’re dead right @CliftonMagpie social media has a lot to answer for.

Bring back the old days when if you wanted to express an opinion or have a moan about the manager, owner, team or individual players you had to write a letter to The Football Post and wait until the following Saturday to see if it was printed.

:joker:

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,140
  • Days Won:  2

Some fans just go way overboard with their opinions.

They stand out by a mile because they always seem to be doing it for attention, or just to get people to agree. It's sad and it's shameful to think these people won't be happy about tonight. Notts played proudly, positives only for me.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  534
  • Days Won:  1

Some supporters can't make their minds up, one minute x player is the best thing since sliced bread and the next they are rubbish. Football attracts fickle people, those that can't see what is really happening and are not that loyal to giving their full backing.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,307
  • Days Won:  69

54 minutes ago, Magic magpie said:

Supporters exspect so much from this season and it’s not started off the way they thought or wanted

Oh I've just remembered I'm not on a Derby fansite.The comments I've read elsewhere about Notts are very similar to comments I've read about Derby.There are some Rams fans who thought we would be automatically promoted even while Frank Lampard was still doing world cup punditry and our players were still on their summer break.Now we've played 2 league games and apparently Leeds will run away with the title and Rams are already relegated,especially as we only just managed to beat lowly League 2 Oldham last night..I will start to worry at the end of September if  both Notts and Derby are still struggling.If we're both top of our leagues by then I will be looking out for all the " we're lucky to be where we are ""It wont last" etc etc.As  members have posted above -some fans just love to moan.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  187
  • Days Won:  2

Those that moan, moan, moan and moan often don't know what day of the week it is.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

2 hours ago, super_ram said:

Oh I've just remembered I'm not on a Derby fansite.The comments I've read elsewhere about Notts are very similar to comments I've read about Derby.There are some Rams fans who thought we would be automatically promoted even while Frank Lampard was still doing world cup punditry and our players were still on their summer break.Now we've played 2 league games and apparently Leeds will run away with the title and Rams are already relegated,especially as we only just managed to beat lowly League 2 Oldham last night..I will start to worry at the end of September if  both Notts and Derby are still struggling.If we're both top of our leagues by then I will be looking out for all the " we're lucky to be where we are ""It wont last" etc etc.As  members have posted above -some fans just love to moan.

Exactly and it’s all negative stuff we don’t need to hear 

Archived