Goal keeper or defence

Magic magpie

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

So another defeat on the road I want to ask this and I would love people to be honest who fault do you think it is the defence or the goalkeeper.?

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

I obviously couldn’t hear the commentary, but following twitter from Notts official tweets it seems as though Fitz had an ok game? Issue was the defence? But then again, they are obviously biased.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  89

BOTH.

The defence is obviously weak and can't defend a cross, however it is made ten times worse when they know Fitz won't come for it if it's beyond his own goal line. 

2 minutes ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

BOTH.

The defence is obviously weak and can't defend a cross, however it is made ten times worse when they know Fitz won't come for it if it's beyond his own goal line. 

I think that’s most definitely a fair comment buddy .. spot on 

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

Not defending Fitz but you can only play as good in goal as your defence is. If your defence is poor you won't play great and confidence go. Defenders need to be shuffled. It says it all when Jones was cheered off. It says it all when Brisley wasn't sprinting back. It says it all when your captain gives a sloppy goal away. 

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

41 minutes ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

BOTH.

This!!

Fitzsimons has been awful, how people was quick to be negative towards Collin and yet still defend Fitz blindly is beyond a joke. We'd be doing better with a vocal keeper, someone eager and willing to do their job well.

The defence needs extra work, Duffy is awful.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  24
  • Days Won:  0

Newport exploited Hewitts inability to play right back, Jones had a nightmare at left back, to the point Newport fans were cheering him, and Duffy has a mistake in him every game which could lead to a goal, Brisley was a mountain last season but hasn’t put in as good performances thus far. Fitzsimons made 2 decent saves tonight but his inability to come and claim balls in his area is costing us, especially considering the lack of height in our team. 

The back 5 is looking vulnerable I don’t see one good aspect presently. Tonight it wasn’t even the midfields lack of defensive ability, well maybe the winner with no one pressurising the ball carrier before the cross. Strange as we were so solid last season, will improve with Tootle in the side and Hewitt back in midfield.  

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  2,294
  • Days Won:  58
  • 𝕏:  twitter ARLukomski

If the defence deal with it, it doesn't reach the goalkeeper. Mostly the defence. Fitzsimons was dodgy at Boro but it's mostly the defence. Ross can't be at fault for Brisley or Duffy not marking up, or making stupid passing decisions

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  36

Keeper needs changing. He’s too small in an already small side and he doesn’t shout at his defence giving them any guidance or warnings. He came for a lot of crosses last year, but none this which is a sign he is low in confidence. We need a keeper that had been round the Block a bit, you don’t need to be the greatest shot stopper in the world if you can organise the defence in front of you.

Duffy is now proving why he was heading to non league before Sheridan gave him a contract. Brisley has gone back into the shell he was in at Carlisle and Jones doesn’t seem to know what day of the week it is. Hewitt is just being himself at right back, clueless.

We have to get an experienced keeper in before Saturday, plus Hewitt has to go back into midfield, but that won’t stop us losing at Lincoln as they will just bully us for the win.

• Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  36

1 minute ago, ARLukomski said:

If the defence deal with it, it doesn't reach the goalkeeper. Mostly the defence. Fitzsimons was dodgy at Boro but it's mostly the defence. Ross can't be at fault for Brisley or Duffy not marking up, or making stupid passing decisions

He can as it is one of the goalkeepers main jobs to organise the defence in front of them, giving warnings. Fitzsimons doesn’t do that, he leaves it up to Duffy to try and do it, which he has proved he cannot do.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  922
  • Days Won:  9

Both but mainly defense. Were now 9 points a drift from the top and Exeter or Lincoln do not look like losing anytime soon. I do believe we will turn this around but I just do not know if Nolan is the manager to do so anymore. He cant organise this defense at all. Duffy and Brisely are not fit to wear the shirt.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,939
  • Days Won:  162

you cant defend like we have been doing and expect to win games.

likewise you cant keep conceding such poor goals without wondering if the keeper is the problem.

i think the issue is both, there is no glue or proper defending. notts lacks a leader and a keeper who is vocal enough to make a difference. all the praise fitzsimons had last season just because collin was an unpopular figure and now these fans dont want to admit they are in the wrong so they defend fitz blindly. notts wont win until a new keeper is signed and they wont change the defence until players are able to come in. too many injuries to this area, players are guaranteed a start.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I've just seen the highlights with Jake, I'm not happy with either.

Ross Fitzsimons seems to have played better but has been let down by poor defending, yet you would have to question the basic stuff and his positioning. It's a bit of a joke how easily Notts concede.

The defence is poor.

I think if you improve one the other should follow but time is running out to sort either or both out 

• Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

The defence is the main issue but the keeping situation is a big concern too.

An experienced keeper would fix some of the issues but Notts require a good CB that can come in and do a job, we lack pass and awareness. Also, I think the captaincy should be changed now.

• Content Count:  1,904
  • Days Won:  17

i think both need to be changed, goalie and one certain defender. 

Archived