Leyton Orient Vs Notts County

Chris

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Leyton Orient have had a very good start to the season, ex Notts manager Russell Slade (currently Orient boss) will no doubt be eager to do well on Tuesday to continue his teams streak.

It's a game myself and quite a few others don't expect anything from, however you have to think on the bright side otherwise it would be pointless even going, so with that said you never know. We might break their start but how many more games can we lose? 1 point in 6 is the opposite to our opposition.

If Notts are to get anything out of the game, I firmly believe we will have to be calm and slow in building but at all costs we will have to hold possession.

We can't just whip the ball to the win and attack games like this, we need creative play and surely I am not the only one who believes our dynamics are to flat. We should be attacking through the middle/centre of the park and in those terms we can't, we should push the balls to the flanks. We should also be far more dangerous from set pieces but it seems we as a club are unsure how to use them correctly.

More importantly, they have to push on and not leave open space. Marking at Orient will be vital and if Chris wants to keep his job, he will need to drum our mistakes into the players and make sure he tries to change in game if things aren't working.

I would hate to see us axe another but it's bordering a joke. Dean Yates said it was a shambles and it's saddening but true. COME ON NOTTS!!

Thoughts?

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,309
  • Days Won:  28

I hope we can get a win, as we have been playing really bad in the league upto now.

A WIN is needed... a draw is ok, but for us to get back on form and up the table.... we really need a win and motivated players.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  5

I would be very surprised if we get anything out of this game. Desperately need 3 points to lift us of the bottom. Time for the players to step up to the mark.

• Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

I don't know if I want to see the back of CK yet or not. I'm not convinced by him and the stats dont lie - he's won 5 out of 23 league games. Managers get sacked for much less than that and if we lose to Tranmere this weekend, I will probably lose patience.

But having said that, I wouldn't want to see him sacked right now, not pretty much a year since his son tragically died. I know thats nothing to do with football but Chris is still a human being, and he deserves a lot of credit just for having the courage and bravery to take the job on in the first place so soon after such an awful personal tragedy

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

I said before our holiday that the time to start panicking was October.I didn't expect then that things would be quite as desperate for Notts though as they clearly are now.The next match,against Leyton Orient doesn't fill anyone with confidence and another defeat looks on the cards.If Notts lose and play poorly then the  knives that are already out will be sharpened even more.However Notts could win(see 2nd post above by Weymouth-Top v Bottom) or draw but that would only give everyone a little breather.The time to worry(or not) is after the following three matches, against Tranmere,Carlisle and Crewe.Those three teams are all struggling and if Notts do not pick up points against this kind of opposition then action must be taken.One match at a time!-but time is running out!

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,952
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Right now this is a fixture we could do without. Notts are bottom in the league and rock bottom on confidence, Orient are top of the league and flying. I can't see any other result than a defeat and if we go behind early on I can see it being a heavy defeat at that.

But.................as Weymouth points out stranger things have happened when bottom plays top so lets just wait and see.

I agree with Weymouth when he says now would be a bad time to sack Chris being a year since his son died, he certainly did do a very brave thing when he took the job so soon after his death and to sack him now would be cruel. I know from personal experience that the anniversary of a death of a loved one is very very hard for those that are left so lets not heap any more misery on him. There are more important things in life than football.

Hear,hear,Tony.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,479
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Notts don't seem to have a game plan and that's very worrying. Leyton Orient can't win every game so maybe we will get something out of the game tonight. It would be a bonus. Anything less than 7 points in the 3 games after and I'd be very worried indeed.

• Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

Another 2 radio night, with Super dashing backwards and forwards from the kitchen.Come on Notts give us a win and a good performance-please.

Yes,a 2 radio night-Physically and emotionally draining.I'm worried that Rams 100% away record will end and I'm afraid Notts have me even more worried.

If we concede in the first 15 minutes, I'm tuning off and going out for a pint. 

We need our Super Danny! Two strikers going A.W.O.L is just mad. :'(

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Days Won:  0

In the words of my friend's Grandad Ernie, who has seen more of Notts than most since the 1930s...

"Oh dear oh dear oh dear." 

Ironically after the game "Karma Chameleon" comes onto the radio on BBC Nottingham. You come and go - You come and go... I hold my hands up, right now I am defeated and for the first time, I cannot seeing anything positive. I'm gutted, I feel bad for CK but 5-1...

That's poor.

I honestly expected us to do a little better, I felt 2-1 or possibly 3 to them but they introduced weaker players, one's who struggle to feature and they did okay.

Oh this is depressing.. Roll on Saturday..

County Till I Die... I'm off to find some rope :)

So much for quiet optomism eh? Even I can't put a positive slant on this.

A team surrendering 5-1 like that is a classic sign of a group of players with absolutely no confidence  or self-belief whatsoever. Nevermind technical ability, it's as much about the mentle side of things as that and sadly, we've got used to  losing.

Sadly, I think it's fair to say Chris is on barrowed time. If we lose this weekend, (if he makes it to this weekend) I think it'll be the end.

It's a real pity. He always strikes me as someone who knows his football and he's such a passionate character. He dosen't display it by sliding on his knees when we score or screaming about everything, but you can tell he cares with the way he comes across in his interviews. But he is also a bit indecisive I think, and it appears he's "lost" some of the players, in that they blatently ignore his instructions. It's a shame, he's a decent guy.

Question is, who do we bring in? I'm all for giving young managers a chance but this is serious now, and when we sack CK (sorry but it's inevitable) we need to find someone with experience at this level. Someone who knows what it takes to get out of sticky situations like this. Who knows how to galvanise a team, and a clbu as a whole. I know a guy, he's currently managing Gillingham...

I know Mad Dog divided a opinion, but to this day I think sacking him was an outragious decision.

It's easy for me to say this but todays result was always on the cards and doesn't really make any difference.The next match DOES matter though and anything less than a win AND a good performance will not do.

• Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  5

There have always been suggestions that there was more to Mad Dogs sacking than results, if so then let sleeping dogs lie!! ;) As for CK it is clear that he is not up to the job. It is highly unlikely he can motivate these players to start winning again. I hope I am proved wrong and we beat Tranmere on Saturday. However I will be shocked and disappointed if he is still In charge. I do not doubt Ray & Aileen's passion for the club and I am sure they are feeling the pain of these results as much as we all are. It is a tough decision to make when they firmly believed CK was the right man for the job but I feel it's time to bring in a manager who can relight both the players and fans passion and avoid the dreaded drop!

• Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  89

Start searching for a new manager now. Put the feelers out there and see who's available and who would come.

If CK doesn't win on Saturday, get rid. 

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

always likely that a confident team would destroy one at the other end.

we need to start seeing signs of trying, you see park teams having a go and we just seem to sit back. the blame falls down onto the players and manager, tho i did not listen to the game and i have not read a report.

my comments are based on the above and what i have seen elsewhere.

no reason we cant be performing on the field.

I cant see us sacking Chris before Saturday. Who would manage the team if we did? I would say its make or break for him this Saturday

Archived