Daily chat thread - Saturday 8th September

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Good morning it’s a big day for me and the wife, we are going to Derby to attend a course to become volunteer leaders for our SoBS support group for people who are bereaved through suicide.

We’ve been attending the group since our son took his own life in 2012, it has been a great help to talk to others in a similar position and when the last leader had to step down we decided to help and are now attending the course.

Its an all day affair so I won’t be around today to come on here or listen to Notts on the radio, I may get some of the second half if I’m lucky.

Its going to be a long day so wish me luck.

Please let us know what plans you have for today.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

I’m on the Ashfield District Council away day in Nottingham all day today. Basically spending the day working with other councillors etc...and coming up with pledges for next years election and formulating plans of action if we return a majority win. Sort of pre win or lose planning day. Means I can’t listen to the match either so here or twitter on the sneaky phone will have to do!

Thrn tonight it’s into the city centre for s meal with the ‘left’ wingers of the group because as @Fan of Big Tone will tell you I’m a leftie.  The one the Daily Mail et al describe as rabid dog Trotsky etc...!

In other words Jeremy Corbyn for Prime Minister!

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  922
  • Days Won:  9

3 hours ago, hissingdwarf said:

In other words Jeremy Corbyn for Prime Minister!

That might spark some debate haha :) Without getting too in depth with it, I voted Conservative in the last GE but I am from an area where Labour has the majority. Gloria Del Piero runs the joint over here. Don't know if you know her? Doesn't do a very good job like ... we must have filed 3/4 complaints over the years while she's been in power in the Ashfield area and nothing has ever been done or been replied too.

Pretty quiet from me today. I am nights tonight, something me and @Nocturnal-Magpie seem to have in common. Will be buying the Exeter game on IFollow and watching that as of 3pm. Other than that, just chilling out. Busy week ahead in terms of work for me though. 

• Content Count:  117
  • Days Won:  0

All thrills later as I will be listening to Notts.

Right now I am preparing myself for the worst and another potential defeat.

• Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

i am going through pon to see what can be added.

after i will get something to eat, then im going to listen to the game. if i get time i want to pop to morrisons to pick some things up.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Just working on things on my list.

I have caught up with some of the posts I have yet to respond too. I'm in the process of doing some changes around the site and things are slowly unwinding for me to listen to the commentary on BBC Radio Nottingham.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Sorting my clothes and other stuff for Uni.

I have Twitter doing live updates on Notts, disappointed by the scoreline but hopeful things can be resolved.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,728
  • Days Won:  27

After the game finishes I am going to go out and have a think, this is just awful by Notts.

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Phew, back from a long day at our course, very intensive but some good tips and information to help us in our voluntary roles.

Caught a bit of commentary of the last 10 minutes of the match......oh dear, least said the better.

Having a nice curry and glass of wine and unwinding tonight.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

Feeling better today listened to Notts on the radio cooked tea now a bit of posting on pon and watch some old school wrestling 

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

11 hours ago, samwatto2008 said:

That might spark some debate haha :) Without getting too in depth with it, I voted Conservative in the last GE but I am from an area where Labour has the majority. Gloria Del Piero runs the joint over here. Don't know if you know her? Doesn't do a very good job like ... we must have filed 3/4 complaints over the years while she's been in power in the Ashfield area and nothing has ever been done or been replied too.

Which area exactly are you mate? I’m obviously Ashfield based. Yes GDP is our mpmamd yes she is (sort of) Labour but we’re not on the best of terms as I’m a leftie and fully behind JC and last years Manifesto for the many, whilst she is a Blairite from the right of the party.

She is my MP though and I will vote for her, but with votes of no confidence being raised against a lot of Labour mps who don’t appeal to the members particularly well, I would think she may suffer a similar fate in the coming months!

Glo is all photo, no substance unfortunately!

14 hours ago, hissingdwarf said:

Which area exactly are you mate? I’m obviously Ashfield based. Yes GDP is our mpmamd yes she is (sort of) Labour but we’re not on the best of terms as I’m a leftie and fully behind JC and last years Manifesto for the many, whilst she is a Blairite from the right of the party.

She is my MP though and I will vote for her, but with votes of no confidence being raised against a lot of Labour mps who don’t appeal to the members particularly well, I would think she may suffer a similar fate in the coming months!

Glo is all photo, no substance unfortunately!

I am Sutton-in-Ashfield mate. 

Archived