Kevin Nolan's a no for me

SmithyPie

I think the club has to move on from where they have been, re-appointing Kevin Nolan isn't the answer even if he was sacked early. His tactics was not very good, he scraped many wins by chance or a certain level of luck.

A good manager overall and one of the best in recent years.

He just hasn't done enough to warrant a return especially in the exact same season where he first got fired. I find it silly how so many fans want him back, will they support him if he was to come back and struggle? of course not.

Move on and hire a manager capable of gaining promotion for the club.

I would pass.

He's already had a go at managing this squad, they're his players and he never got them going. I would love to see his form and the squad improve but I don't think you should make the same mistake twice. Besides how can he trust Alan Hardy after how he was sacked in the first place?

I'm not against seeing Kevin Nolan return.

I do feel he would be best focusing on elsewhere, however if he's interested I see no reason why he can't fix the squad. I would just prefer a better brand of football or at least one that does well. I don't think Nolan can bring that but he could do a steady job. Most people leading into this season wouldn't have dreamt he would have been sacked so early.

Can he trust Alan Hardy now though?

He won't come back, remember when Milsom signed again earlier this season? Should never have left Hardy tweeted, obviously a veiled swipe at Nolan. I think there is a rift there that will not be fixed easily.

Would I have him back? No. He relied on his motivational skills as he produced dull football that relied on winning the ball in our third and boot it up to a target man. When he tried to change that system we never won a game.

3 hours ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

Shouldn't have been sacked in the first place. 

No, I said this too but he shouldn't be re-appointed unless we don't aim to actually improve.

I think the chance of getting someone in who's more experienced, been in management and knows what to do when times are difficult would work best for us. Nolan gave us an amazing time with his appointment and almost promotion season but I fail to see how he can improve us.

This said I wouldn't be against him as I originally pointed out.

Something to be considered by all the would be Notts Chairman 

All potential managers (or the vast majority) have played professionally, they all take the same coaching courses and badges so are qualified to a similar standard. The difference is, some have the personality and man management skills to find the key to a winning formula.
It’s all luck as to whether the squad and manager click as a unit and buy into the collective goal. Alan Hardy hasn’t got a magic wand or a crystal ball. We just have to hope he can find the one that holds the key to that winning formula.

i would not reappoint kevin nolan, i was disappointed alan hardy sacked him but i do think someone with a better understanding of management is needed. plus nolan should look at other clubs nearby and try to replicate what he did in his earlier career here at notts but with them. if martin allen came back, chesterfield would be a good fit.

very similar to notts and orient, so he would know what to do or avoid.

I don't want Kevin Nolan to make the same mistake twice, he needs to think of himself and his career. It would be a football story if he managed to come back and finished off what he started but the chances are failing twice could ruin his career as a manager.

Not to be harsh but he's not the best pundit either.

He may have time to focus on the things that went wrong, I could see him coming back and doing a job but I think the key issue is the fact he runs out of ideas. Either that or he gets carried away and I just don't think he would have learned.

There's going to be teams who are better suited to him.

We are already a laughing stock but reappointing Nolan would take it to another level, the owner needs to listen to the fans this time, whoever comes in will have to have the fans support from day one. If Paul Hurst doesn't come then I'm seriously going to start to worry.

Archived