Ticket price rise

ivansneck

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

Ticket prices up 3% now ticketmaster (sic) are in place. More than the rate of inflation. Notts 91st in the league and they raise ticket prices! You couldn’t make it up, the club is becoming a laughing stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,874
  • Days Won:  162

i think notts should have hired someone to build them a ticketing website but instead they seem to pushing the costs onto us, none of us asked for ticketmaster and i hope nobody uses them because thats how to get rid.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  731
  • Days Won:  3

I am a season ticket holder and they best not go up any more, if Alan Hardy dares do this after this past season where he extended the "early bird" prices and made us rush to commit then I won't renew at all.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  902

I have seen all the complaints on social media, the club and media department seems to be trying to resolve things. Give it time, it might not be ideal but if it improves thats all we want.

A small fee is not the end of the world.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,449
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

The last ticket system website was very poor, it never worked or allowed tickets to be purchased. I don't think the club really cared about it, I don't know if it was the server or software but I hope this is now resolved.

I will give them time but I am not a fan of Ticket Master.

I think they're quite poor and money obsessed.

I never buy online so I am unaffected I think, does the charges apply in person?

In person it’s 22 not 20. Online was my way of avoiding the pay on the day tax

I have seen all the complaints on social media, the club and media department seems to be trying to resolve things. Give it time, it might not be ideal but if it improves thats all we want.
A small fee is not the end of the world.

I refuse to pay it so no more online tickets for me. As it’s my only way of avoiding the £2 tax it means I won’t go. I agree 60p isn’t much but it’s the principle of a price rise now of all times.

• Content Count:  922
  • Days Won:  9

This isn't a complaint about Ticketmaster but has anyone noticed recently and rise in match day ticket prices? I was going to go to Morecambe this weekend but I just can't afford 22 pound for an Adult ticket. I think it around that figure anyway. Struggling would be the word for away fixtures. I can only really do ones close or easy to get to due to cost (petrol, pit stops, tickets, time) etc.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,961
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

In the past I've had a lot of issues using Ticketmaster, however I am prepared to give them a chance at Meadow Lane if they improve the service. The old ticketing site was awful, it never loaded and was straddled most of the time.

When you finally got it to work it would accept payment.

Calling up ended being quicker and it's nearly impossible to get an answer the first 50x you call. 😆

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,442
  • Days Won:  287

I haven't used Ticketmaster so I can't really comment. However, a 60p charge for a (hopefully) functioning system certainly beats repeatedly trying and failing to pay online with four different cards before having to admit defeat, queue at the ticket office and pay the full 22 quid!

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

I think the fee is due to ticketmaster and not notts personally but they are the ones that bought it in to replace an unusable system. 

I personally don't like ticketmaster because of their fees but if it saves the travel fare to pick the ticket up, its technically saving money unless i'm already in the city centre.

• Content Count:  868
  • Days Won:  1

I won't be using it at all, I will opt to collect and if that incurs a charge I won't be happen.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,719
  • Days Won:  27

9 hours ago, samwatto2008 said:

This isn't a complaint about Ticketmaster but has anyone noticed recently and rise in match day ticket prices? I was going to go to Morecambe this weekend but I just can't afford 22 pound for an Adult ticket. I think it around that figure anyway. Struggling would be the word for away fixtures. I can only really do ones close or easy to get to due to cost (petrol, pit stops, tickets, time) etc.

Football is expensive full stop Sam.

I can only make a handful of away games and I think the Ticketmaster switch could help Notts if they listen to the fans, other clubs price out away fans I feel to discourage the support. Notts have done this several times.

• Content Count:  902

On 21/11/2018 at 21:28, ivansneck said:

I refuse to pay it so no more online tickets for me. As it’s my only way of avoiding the £2 tax it means I won’t go. I agree 60p isn’t much but it’s the principle of a price rise now of all times.

The issue is with Ticketmaster not Notts, I doubt they will abandon the small fee.

The issue is with Ticketmaster not Notts, I doubt they will abandon the small fee.

No it’s an issue with Notts because they chose to use ticketmaster

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,961
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

2 hours ago, ivansneck said:

No it’s an issue with Notts because they chose to use ticketmaster

I see the logic behind it from a software and developers point of view.

Most don't use their own software which Ticketmaster do, in fact other rivals use their system so that speaks volumes but it's more the practices they operate under. Cancelling, additional charges and some have been made unlawful (such as charging people who use debit/credit cards).

Just Eat for example have added a admin charge and forced delivery costs.

1 hour ago, Chris said:

I see the logic behind it from a software and developers point of view.

Most don't use their own software which Ticketmaster do, in fact other rivals use their system so that speaks volumes but it's more the practices they operate under. Cancelling, additional charges and some have been made unlawful (such as charging people who use debit/credit cards).

Just Eat for example have added a admin charge and forced delivery costs.

Just eat used to charge extra for people who use a card instead of cash but since the government stopped companies from being able to do that they changed it to a service charge and now charge everyone that fee, which i don't think is fair.

Its not just ticketmaster though, the trainline charges extra fees aswell but east midlands trains site doesn't.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,502
  • Days Won:  9

On 22/11/2018 at 20:43, DangerousSausage said:

I haven't used Ticketmaster so I can't really comment. However, a 60p charge for a (hopefully) functioning system certainly beats repeatedly trying and failing to pay online with four different cards before having to admit defeat, queue at the ticket office and pay the full 22 quid!

I am prepared to give them the chance.

A better system would help the club sell season tickets, and ones for the more attractive games. I don't mind paying 60p for the right kind of service. Just wouldn't if it was a waste of time like the old site.

I dont think i'd be using it but for those that live further away it would be better because at least it works unlike the last one.

• Chris changed the title to Ticket price rise

Archived